The Corroboree
Neoshaman

Meet up: Sydney, Central Coast, Newcastle

Thanks for being such an awesome host Hawkman.

Great to catch up with old friends and make a few new ones.

Would have liked to have been a bit more social though :wacko: damn nang demon was awoken though

• Like 1

Thank you all for such a wonderful experience. It was so great to get to meet you guys, I was so inspired by so many of you.

Hopefully, we will be doing this again soon. Maybe a Spring camp?

Was great to see/meet you guys. Thanks for being an awesome host Col.

Thanks Col! I had a great time, and as expected your garden blew me away. I can't wait to have my own little slice of paradise one day. Thanks again buddy!

It was awesome meeting you guys, and some of the conversations that took place were quite interesting. I was happy to be apart of that day, and likewise, can't wait to do it all again.

A big thanks to PH to sending those plants down to share amongst the community, along with everyone else who brought stuff along to share.

Definitely keen for a Spring camp! B)

• Like 2

Spring camp sounds like a great idea!!!

I dont mind hosting a meet once or twice a year, (dont want the novelty to wear off )

So if peeps want to meet more often a few more venue options would be good.

A camp is great as everyone can settle in and relax,

nobody has to worry about driving, just get bent in the bush.

• Like 5

Had a really good afternoon. Thanks for the hospitality Col.

Although I had already seen photos of your garden, to feel it was wonderful.

Learnt alot listening to the conversations going on.

Thank you for the new additions to the garden as well. So many generous people.

Edited by OPP

A Spring camp sounds good - but considering that we are only just at the start of Winter, I don't think I can wait that long.

• Like 2

I agree with Yeti. Maybe we should consider organising a camp for early Winter, before it get's too cold.

A few of us will be doofing over the June long weekend if that interests anyone...

• Like 2

Always up for a camp out.. winter one would be good :)

• Like 2

shpongle....?

I dont mind hosting a meet once or twice a year, (dont want the novelty to wear off )

So if peeps want to meet more often a few more venue options would be good.

Cheers Col, you're very generous. Id love to meet more often, though i can't really host a meet at my current residence. Though there are a few nice parks around my area (decent size blocks of land, backing onto bush land) with picnic facilities, if people would be keen on that every once and a while, i wouldn't mind rocking up early and minding a spot, setting up some portable speakers and having a chilled day amongst the trees.

Love the idea of a camp as well, perhaps we could organise to make it a more regular or traditional sort of thing. Maybe once per season either at the beginning or end of the season. That could also be a great way to share knowledge on preparing for different seasons. Discussions on what seeds to plant out, or how to over winter certain plants, prepare garden beds, prepare mushroom patches etc. Just a thought anyway. We could also alternate the meets/camps between New Castle / Central Coast and Sydney for a change in scenary and to make it easier for more people to get involved in the community.

Unfortunately I can't make the doof, though i've heard good things about previous years if its the silly one im thinking of :wink: . Definitely keen for a winter camp though, so how about we start throwing some dates around and get this seed in the ground. B)

Edited by Justler
  • Like 1

Yeah, I know mate. I used to go doofing a lot. Haven't been doofing in a long time. Can you PM me the details? As I might consider coming along if I can get there and I have the money.

When I posted that I was deeply involved in a Shpongle adventure and was kind of hoping we can get into some Shpongle at the camp. It didn't come across that way though. Long story hahaha...

But did your head feel like a frisbee?

Most certainly did Yeti.

That doof sounds great but the date is no good for me.

I'm definitely keen for a winter camp somewhere.

The sooner the better IMO.

It's starting to feel like we are developing a bit of local community with a really nice bunch of people (from what I can remember :wacko:) and it would be great to built on that as often as possible. I also think that mixing it up between Newcastle, Sydney & Central Coast is the ticket, and a mix of single day and overnight meets would rock. Something every 4 to 6 weeks would be awesome, supplemented by events like doofs and EGA.

That said unfortunately my house is not available for any more than very small casual meet, with a young toddler and its just not the right venue.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

OK, well it sounds like we need to get a camp organized then. When and where? Any ideas?

Probably best to keep the where to PMs perhaps? How does June 23-24 suit people? Or the weekend after? I am not up on good spots, haven't been camping in an age. Somewhere with lots of nice bush, possibly a creek and a bit of open space too would be nice. Somewhere where we can have a nice fire and maybe even a bit of music or something could be an option. A bit out of the way would be cool, but maybe not too far out of the way? I am hoping to be able to drive by then, but not sure. Otherwise I may need to pin a lift if anyone can offer that?

I don't ask for much do I?

Let's get this ball rolling and get a bit of an idea about numbers etc.

Would like to come along but have prior engagements unfortunately.

This date isn't set in stone. So we will see when people are available. I guess certain dates can't suit everybody, but we can try :wink:

June 23-4 suits me. Next weekend is my birthday so no good (damn family :wink:).

Later in July is also OK.

I don't know many venues but that spot Hawkesbury is pretty kickarse.

• Like 1