The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Plantsoma

Aley Grey posters

Does anyone know if/where Alex Grey posters can be purchased in Australia? Posters on his website are $25USD plus custom postage from the US, which i imagine would be extraordinary considering I only want to buy one to start off with.

Thanks.

Edited by Plantsoma

try these guys..they may not have any in stock at the moment, but I'm sure they could order them for you...in the past they have stocked his work.

H.

Edited by Hunab Ku

My gf got me a wicked Alex Gray calendar from dymocks, they had to special order it but maybe they will be able to order you a poster?

Peace

In the past I have emailed AG more than once asking to place an order to Australia. I've never had a reply.

Seemed that (at the time anyway) they were not very interested in doing international orders, a bit odd really considering there were a number of items I would have bought.

Does anyone know if/where Alex Grey posters can be purchased in Australia? Posters on his website are $25USD plus custom postage from the US, which i imagine would be extraordinary considering I only want to buy one to start off with.

Thanks.

Polyester Books in Brunswick Rd, Brunswick (Vic) have stocked various Alex Grey items in the past.

Definitely worth a visit anyway as they have a great psychedelic section, and rare bits and pieces of everything.

They have a couple of Terrence McKenna spoken word tour posters on the wall which I like to pay homage to when I go in.

Alex Grey items in their catalog

There is a great book shop in Sydney called Adyar. They stock Alex Grey books, calenders and cards haven't seen posters but im sure they could get them in. This shop is worth checking out for anyone else in Sydney. Has a large range of books on shamanism and plants as well as all sorts of sprituality, conspiracies etc.... the only book shop in Sydney to stock some of the harder to find entheogen related books. their website is www.adyar.com.au ...Polyester in Melbourne is the only other place I've seen that has Alex Grey stuff. You can always order off his website as well...www.alexgrey.com

good luck.

In the past I have emailed AG more than once asking to place an order to Australia. I've never had a reply.

Seemed that (at the time anyway) they were not very interested in doing international orders, a bit odd really considering there were a number of items I would have bought.

They make the automatic shipping order price $200 for one $40-something shirt! I emailed and they replied to say that they do that for some blah blah reason they need to work out the exact price and put the 200 there to raise attention. It just sounds fucking suss to me and I don't like being dicked around like that by people one would assume to be above monetary greed. I didn't end up ordering anything. Maybe it's just me but even though I adore Grey's designs and artworks because they're unbelievably amazing, I just don't see how they could charge the prices for the smaller things. Yes I realise they're still trying to build that temple but still...

kinda off topic but did You guys hear about the Portrait of Sasha (alazander shulgin) by alex gray? prints starting at 1k .... :( you can pick it up at maps.org .... i am tempted...

alex_ann_sasha.jpg

Edited by vual

i like how he paints molecules. maybe a member with chem knowledge can comment on that. do the coloured lines convey information about each element and the way they are bonded to each other?

Alex Grey will be in Australia from jan/feb 2011

Cool

Thanks for that man.. Where can I find more information on this? does he have talks, gallery showcases booked etc?