The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
FancyPants

Big Day Out 09 Anyone going?

Anyone going? I'll be going to the Sydney one tomorrow.

yeah driving up from the Central coast

To anyone that is going, be careful.

Rumour is there will be a lot of K9 on patrol.

To anyone that is going, be careful.

Rumour is there will be a lot of K9 on patrol.

http://www.leap.cc/cms/index.php?name=Foru...nload&id=26

http://www.leap.cc in the forums section bottom post in the leap handouts subcatergory some funny stickers or maybe t-shirt design there too

I would encourage anyone nott carrying to print and distribute to every police officer you see. Or even better ask them how tytheyy feel being the reason for potential overdoses on a dayy when all people want to do is enjoy themselves. The organisers actually requested that the dogs be moved from the main entrance last year unfortunately this didn't remove them from the train station but props to BDO organisers well for last year organiser of most other festivals seem to gutless to say anything.

I love how police waste so many resources targeting invidual users by way of a method that has been proven to have under 25% accuracy , god with a failure rate that high would argue that it doesn't even entitle to suffcient reason to undertake a search. Pathetic waste of tax payer funds not to mention complete infringement on personal freedoms . I have no problem with Cops at any other time but when they undertake activities like this to me they are no better then swine :devil:

queuing up in 40 degree heat to get in after being molested by cops and dogs...standing with a million other sweaty crusty people waiting for the loo...unable to find anything inside cause dog patrols have caused chaos outside...standing in 40 degree heat and trying to see the singer of my favourite band..sober as a judge...standing with a zillion others again waiting for the loo...still havent' found anything and remember I have some tic tacs in pockets...finally get to the front of the drinks que and discover they have run out...push your way across the hords and smell the worst sweaty nasty ass smells coming from peoples arm pits...cue up in 35 degree heat to get out...sit on train for 4 hrs in 50 degree heat and 100% humidity...finally get home with the worst migrane you have ever had in your mundane existance...turn on the TV and sit back and slam back some Psilo tea...ahhhhh...what the fuck did I ever leave the house for..

H.

Fuckin' sick, isn't it??? :lol:

Fuckin' sick, isn't it??? biggrin.gif

Hell yeah.. ordinary line up but still an awesome day... Be safe and have fun thats the aim of the game..

Hell yeah.. ordinary line up...

Neil does not agree with your post.

neilyoung.jpg

:P

fantomas will be awesome. not that i'm going, but still

Neil Young Harvest was one of the first CDs my parents ever bought in 1990 (only reason we could afford a CD player at the time because we paid $100/month rent on Sydny's northern beaches). I've loved it ever since. However I don't know if BDO is a good place for it. A few years ago maybe... still going to watch him and be mesmerised!

Fantomas! I'm going to see the Serj/Fantomas side show tomorrow night. I'm going to be absolutely fucked but I'll live :lol: Mike Patton is a GOD.

Prodigy's going to be awesome too. Most of the rest of the lineup can suck my flaps.

I'm with Hunab on this one. I'm only 21 and i'm done with these types of festivals. The ones where you're only there for a day in the heat. I like festivals like the meredith music fest, where you just set up some seats and relax with some brews and let the bands come to you. Wouldn't mind going to the rainbow serpent sometime in the next few years, although i'm not sure if i can handle all the dirty, DIRTY hippies lol :P

But yeah, Hunab pretty much summed up my feelings for BDO and shit.

cheers

Fark BDO... I agree with Hunab and Peaceful Son. I'm turning 21 in a couple of weeks and have same opinion... I would love to see Neil Young but certainly not with that vibe and the shit sound on the main stage. Edit: would much rather be sitting down peacefully in a venue like the state theatre like when I saw Lou Reed a few years back.

Even in my late teens I would swear every BDO was going to be the last one because I hated the atmosphere and the panic going through ticket gates with a spliff in my pocket. Towards the end I just stayed in the boiler room (if there was a good lineup) to avoid drunken shit rock band fans. Now my electronic music taste has changed I have no reason to fork out over a hundred bucks to feel uncomfortable.

Finally I just stopped going and I'm so happy I'm not at the Sydney one surrounded by dickheads and stuck in 37 degree heat all day. Always seems to be a scorcher at every Syd BDO.

For all you Sydney peeps, check out Hyperdub tomorrow night at the Becks Festival Bar. See The Bug and Warrior Queen...blow ya fuckn mind. Mad grimey\dubstepy ragga. I was all set to go but I just signed a lease today so I gotta move instead and conserve money alas.

Edited by -=IndigoSunrise=-

I attended, was a great vibe!

Absolutely great day, didn't see 1 fight. Sure some got a little tipsy, so what. Will remember it forever!

Bought a sombrero and ended up shirtless :P where else in the world can you do this?

But on another note, something strange happened driving back into our city from Sydney.

There was a boose bust. But not any ordinary one, they got us to go left then left again. Well there was a caravan, with sharps bins on the footsteps lol.

The driver was handed a blue swap to scrape under the tonge, the test takes about 5 mins. Supposebly a 3 is pot a 7 indicates ecstacy.

Our driver was squeaky clean. But they did this to EVERY car driving into the city. Specifically targetting festival people.

Thats a bit rude... Imagine if they implement these 5 min kits into workplace monday mornings.

Edit: When i got there, about midday, there was 6 dogs at train entrance, none in BDO entrance. Supposedly they joined the entrance not long after.

Previous years i've had to walk past dogs entering BDO.

Double Edit: I was The Prodigy and they went off! Was that a sin not seeing Neil Young? :P

Edited by C_T

queuing up in 40 degree heat to get in after being molested by cops and dogs...standing with a million other sweaty crusty people waiting for the loo...unable to find anything inside cause dog patrols have caused chaos outside...standing in 40 degree heat and trying to see the singer of my favourite band..sober as a judge...standing with a zillion others again waiting for the loo...still havent' found anything and remember I have some tic tacs in pockets...finally get to the front of the drinks que and discover they have run out...push your way across the hords and smell the worst sweaty nasty ass smells coming from peoples arm pits...cue up in 35 degree heat to get out...sit on train for 4 hrs in 50 degree heat and 100% humidity...finally get home with the worst migrane you have ever had in your mundane existance...turn on the TV and sit back and slam back some Psilo tea...ahhhhh...what the fuck did I ever leave the house for..

H.

No i'm sorry i cannot agree with that, and why is your whole paragraph about scoring?! Thats bloody why theres dogs!

If people just took their own and not going to deal and "score" there probably would be alot less fuss. But in saying that, its pretty over the top as see my above post, and where will they draw the line?

I think they were 1 mm away from searching every car occupant and the car. No idea what would have happened after that. I can see some pos and neg in both...

MORE than 100 people have been pulled up for drug possession at the Sydney leg of the Big Day Out music festival.

Summer temperatures soared into the mid-30s when a sell-out crowd of 55-thousand people packed into Olympic Park at Homebush yesterday.

A police spokesman says a search of 258 suspected party-goers resulted in 107 people being bailed up for drug violations.

Most of the offences involved cannabis possession with police issuing a range of warnings, infringements and arrests during the festival.

Last year police made 86 drug-related arrests at the festival.

Link

107 in '09 compared with 86 in '08? The deterents are working!

107 arrests divided by 258 searches (times 100) = 41.472868% success rate = Fail.

Same time next year, eh chaps?

Yeah wasn't abad day a few too many wankers these days and the line up wasn't that crash hot fuck i'm 27 i'm getting too old for these bloody things .Its bloody Tuesday and I'm still aching. After hanging out to see the a few off the later bands I have to say being locked out of the boiler room and not being able to catch prodigy really sucked . Big Day Out just doesn't seem to have the atmosphere it did years ago probably going to be my last one

I was in the boiler room, and there was room to move inside.

Good call to stop too many people in there, you just needed to get there earlier :D

Boiler room at BDO this year was fucked all day particularly at night, people just crammed up against each other, sweaty and hot! Lame, probably my last one unless the lineup is particularly special.

Peace

Oh and 100 out of 250 searched, hahaha maybe with a rate of posession like that they will realise how badly they are losing.

Edited by MindExpansion

i guess we have it pretty good in perth! its allways on a sunday and in the 8 years i have been i have never seen a sniffer dog!

still very good vibe in perth! Does any one know if their will be a Happy high stall or similar at the perth BDO???

no j's we take :bong: no worries at all!!!

Hahahah BDO in Adelaide is expecting 42 degree temps...

That's just going to be painful...(And how many pill heads will be dehydrating)

Peace

Seriously though ...holding these events in the smack bang middle of summer is ludicrous..who the fuck wants to sweat their ring out in 40 degree heat..its quite dangerous for peoples health..why not in Spring or early Autumn..?

H.

Edited by Hunab Ku

Seriously though ...holding these events in the smack bang middle of summer is ludicrous..who the fuck wants to sweat their ring out in 40 degree heat..its quite dangerous for peoples health..why not in Spring or early Autumn..?

H.

Why not smack bang in the middle of winter? its better when its pissin down!!! plus :shroomer: season!

Pill heads will probably be drinking water.

How many people drinking Alcohol will be dehydrating.

Edit: was just chatting to a mate in USA, he said people die over there when its 40 deg C (pussies :P ). I have to admit, 40 deg at a concert is bad news for everyone.

Edited by C_T

Especially concerts in concrete cauldrons (if Sydney is anything to go by).