The Corroboree
Torsten

Big DMT bust in the US. 1.4lb

wow... they are some big ass figures ur using there T.

I was trying to be consistent with the calculations and was tossing up whether to work on per g or per kg basis. ie kgs of dmt don't appear to be on the market, but rather the prices were extrapolated. I opted for kg because giving single gram equivalents would have confused people when comparing to single gram retail purchases. Maybe a more appropriate comparison would have been to list it in 100g units, but that would have confused things on other levels.

just curious how u calculated the cost of producing one kg at 30k? (is that including man hours e.t.c?)

i have heard that the actual cost of production doesnt fall anywhere below 90$ per g... perhaps a little less if using really high yielding plant sources

The price is calculated from

1) the minimum price I am aware of for largish amounts, which lies at $80/g or just below and would include at least some profit

2) the ideal location [eg production in the middle of a rich source area]

3) assuming a bit of investment into decent equipment that mechanises the process. While mechanisation appears to be almost entirely lacking with some folks in NSW [probably due to spiritual reasons], it is essential to others and seems quite common in WA.

4) buying solvents in bulk rather than bunnings

In fact, if all of these points are taken into account the production would be well under $20,000/kg, but I figured no one is going to be that lucky. And yes, it includes man hours. In fact the bulk of the cost is man hours. Just think, even if you take just $10,000 for wages, then that would be 400 hours at $25 [tax free], ie 10 standard working weeks. You don't think someone sitting in a paddock full of jam can make a kilo in 10 weeks?

Let's also not forget that the first people to make dmt in NNSW a decade ago were retailing it at $100/g and were earning a good living with it. I never understood why the price went up rather than down.... [other than that more layers of distribution were created and hence more layers of profit taking were required]

And before I get shot down about criticising prices, I AM NOT! I think the current price [both wholesale and retail] is probably appropriate given the labour and the legal climate involved.

I wasn't quite thinking industrial size like that, but certainly a $3k chipper and some commercial pots and pans. At 1% alkaloid content you 'only' need 100 kilos of bark

Gimme some sugar baby :uzi: Its time to fight the armies of darkness

hahahaha. Someone should author a 'bulk extraction tek' with those pictures!!!

i hear theres some hefty plantations around your parts naja.. better hop to it :lol:

all this talk of how much material would be needed for extractions -- is it more likely that they guy just synthed it from tryptamine?