The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Fenris

Holidays

Well after years of dreaming I finally went and booked some holidays :)

Im heading off to Peru in early April for 6 weeks which will include my 37th birthday (how did I get that old?).

I arrive in Cuzco on 12 April and fly out on 22 May and that is as far as I have got with the organisation. Tentative plans include 5 days acclimatising to the altitude & see Cuzco, 5 days trip (hike) to Machu Pichu, see some other ruins and maybe another trail and some achuma if I can find it, boat trip to Iquitos from somewhere I have forgotten the name of :blush: maybe 10 days in the jungle, more if time allows, a few days drinking gin and tonic in a hammock in Iquitos and then back to Cuzco.

I think 3 months should be enough time to get all the important bits organised.

Im going to be traveling by myself. Im not greedy when it comes to high adventure, the more the merrier :lol: anybody want to come with?

me & the mrs would love to go, but we've got too many financial commitments at the moment.

i wish you all the best, i'm sure you'll have a great time. :wink:

I'm so jealous..I'll be heading there the following year..I'll prolly hit you up for some tips when you get back..have fun man travelling is soooo damn cool..I miss it badly.

Make sure you get close to some coca and enjoy it... :wink:

H.

good one fenris, i recall you saying you were going to go on holiday here is some details for you to look into when you are in cuzco.

there is a curandero who works with san pedro he is in pisac though i hear pisac is a great place to go, his name is otorongo

i recommend sending it to him translated in spanish.

his info is...

[email protected]

his cuzco phone cell number is 084-9366043

give him a call if your in cuzco or pisac.

Peru, such an amazing place.

If your going to have 3 months in Peru, i would highly recommend going to Huaraz. Beautiful mountain town surrounded by the Cordillera Blanca and the Cordillera Huayhuash. Also the ruins of Chavin de Huantar are nearby and make a great day trip. You can also check out the Puya Raimondi plant which is in a nearby area also.

If you like the outdoors and love a good trek, which by the sounds of it you do. Get out and do the Huayhuash circuit. It's Incredible!!

I wish i was back in Peru....

Well after the serious motorcycle accident last year and the holiday cancellation I had to postpone the trip until this year, and the tickets have now been booked.

Ill be in South America for July and August. I have a friend who lives in the Atacama desert so I am flying into to Chile to start with, hopefully doing an overland trip across the Andes to Argentina with my mate and then headind north. Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to get to the 6th Amazonian Shamanism Conference in time, but that wasn't the reason for the trip so I am not too disappointed.

There is still plenty of planning that needs to be done and Spanish to be learned.

It should be a fairly epic journey, even better than the one I didn't have.

On a side note I seem to have lost my motorcycle key and am stuck with 4 wheels for the moment.

Watch Dora the explorer and Go Diego go, great for learning spanish. :P

Hi Fenris,

Wow sounds like an awsome trip and the timing is uncanny. it seems I will also be in SA around this time but prolly will not arrive until early may around your last week, who knows maybe we might meet up.

As posted in chill i have not been around these parts for some time and returned for some trusted info on traveling to south america with a view to being involved in a traditional ayaushca healing experience.I was hoping some one here may have some info or some advise. I come accross this link http://www.ayahuasca-shamanism.co.uk/plantnames.htm and would appreiciate it if anyone has some first hand knowledge of this firm or some advise on where i should be looking. yeah pretty lazy of me I know But I am still fighting my way out of the industrial wilderness and really really do not have lot of spare time at the moment and would be greatfull for any help. Sorry for hijacking your thread Fenris but it seemed the logical place to ask.

P.S Chemical Shaman Has Really BIG Lips.

Shroomy, I don't quite understand what your question is regarding the link you posted, but I am happy to provide advice from my trip - I've just come back from South America and spent a couple of months in Peru.

Just in brief, I didn't make it to Iquitos and I am not disappointed as the aya tourism industry there sounds horrible.

Avoid the 'retreats' and 'performance shamanism'. They are overpriced and tacky (well, I didn't go to one, so shouldn't be too judgemental, and some people do have really good experiences there, but that was my feeling). There are many smaller operators who do very traditional work and do not talk themselves up as anything other than healers and plant lovers. IMO these guys are the ones you want to work with, but they are harder to find.

I have some good contacts, around Pucallpa especially but in Ecuador as well.

Send me a pm if you want more info.

I have some good contacts, around Pucallpa especially but in Ecuador as well.

Send me a pm if you want more info.

One PM comming your way, thats just the reply i was looking for :) thanks.