The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
_e_

blending strains

has anyone else been experiemnting with using different characteristics of individal plants, to blend said characteristics for a specifically desired outcome?

anyone know if this happens in its traditional setting?

personally i have found that combining multl dfferent strains in different amounts, or even jsut randomy combining them, can be uite rewarding and enjyable... lk a bunch of sentient beings utilising another sentint bng to have a rare 're-union and eldds council'.

Are you talking about preparations such as cimora?

http://www.botany.org/plantsciencebulletin/psb-1972-18-4.php

"The identity of some of the cimora drink additives we know — and we know that several of them may indeed be of themselves potently hallucinogenic. Of others we know phytochemically nothing.

In Peru, Neorailnondia macroslibus may sometimes be an additive (8). No chemical analysis of this large columnar Andean cactus has been made. Also occasionally added to the drink in Peru is Isoloma longiflora. a member of the Campanulaceae, a family with known psychoactive principles (8). The euphorbiaceous Pecli/anthit.s lilhvntaloide.s. likewise frequently used as an admixture, is highly aromatic as a result of organic acids (8). Some Peruvian medicine men add condorillo, a species of Lvcopodium (6). In view of the recent discovery in this pteridophyte genus of unusual types of alkaloids, this report has exceptional interest. Reports that a tree-species of Dalnra may be added to cimora can be easily understood because of the strongly hallucinogenic character of this solanaceous genus rich in tropane alkaloids (8). In addition to the species mentioned above, at least one other unidentified plant, known in eastern Peru as hornanto, is employed in preparing cimora (6)."

http://www.amazon.com/Shadows-Sun-Travels-...972&sr=11-1

Edited by Inyan

I answered the same question here in another thread.

~Michael~

Yep, I think I saw the word blend and immediately started thinking of admixtures instead of hybridizing. Funny, considering hybridizing is always on my mind.

http://www.echinopsis-hybriden-ag.de/

"Who are we?

We are a working group of the German Cactus Society and presently have approximately 148 members in Germany, Australia, Belgium, Dutch, Italy, Switzerland, Hungaria, Slovakia and the USA.

What do we do?

We are concerned solely with hybrids. In particular with hybrids from the genera Echinopsis, Helianthocereus, Hildewintera, Trichocereus and others. We cross plants within a genus but also plants between different genera for example Echinopsis x Trichocereus. Thus we create the most beautiful hybrids for ourselves.

Publications?

Our Journal of Hybrids is published three times annually. Experienced hybridizers as wells as beginners report on their experiences with hybrids. Our journal also contains at least 10 - 12 DIN A4 color pages in each issue. And, on a regular basis our members offer extra seed to other members.

You can see 10 pages of Trichocereus hybrids and a few pages or echinopsis hybrids here."

Edited by Inyan