The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Thelema

best way to cut sally's hair?

my hairdresser just doesnt know what to do effectively. Having it branch by cutting verticals leads to wilting and lots of breaking. By cutting horizontals, one unbalances the fragile vertical support of the plant.

Picking hairs one at a time seems to be bad for the surrounding tissue of the plant,

So it has lead to acquisition of snippings from clone cuttings where most of my hairdressers action is.

Can anyone suggest a better way of cutting sally's hair?

sorry thel, i have no idea what you are trying to say, what do you mean by picking hairs?

Having it branch by cutting verticals leads to wilting and lots of breaking

do you mean Cutting the new growth tip?

sorry, you've really lost me lol :)

Most of my collecting was done when preparing cuttings. Would end up with many dishes of drying leaves. The plant got quite tall and heavy so it required stakeing to support it. My advice would be to selectively pick mature leaves only if possible ( some leaves I picked would have been close to 6 - 12 months old )

Also start new plants frequently because they do tend to deteriorate once they have got to a couple of years. My gnomes sally is a shadow of it's former self, I just hope that people who got cuttings off her are freely passing them around as my gnome is no longer in a position to do so.

May she see freedom from persecution again

Later.