The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
farmeroz

Newcastle, NSW

Hunter Botanic Gardens is that the one near the terrace/ heatherbrea? Im from the terrace

nah the botanical gardens are too far out of town. newcastle meet not a hunter meet lmao.

and farmeroz your from the terrance? lol. nasty, i grew up in medowie, other side of the dam.

Edited by Amulte

Yeah amulte i actually grew up in medowie aswell, went to medowie public. I dont mind it here its cheaper than trying to live in town itself. and atleast you get a backyard and a garage out here , gotta have space for a garden :)

so whats happening guys , Re: Date, Time , Place, love to meet a few more of you the last central coast meet was lets say a bit on the quite side

Edited by neoshaman

Lets make it for atleast after syndeys BDO. I'm attending that, and have a wedding the next day... Very big weekend.

So... who's up for in 3 weekend's time? (first weekend of Feb)

Lets make it for atleast after syndeys BDO. I'm attending that, and have a wedding the next day... Very big weekend.

So... who's up for in 3 weekend's time? (first weekend of Feb)

I'll be there CT yeah I'll need the Australia day weekend to recover from BDO 2 lol

I'll be there CT yeah I'll need the Australia day weekend to recover from BDO 2 lol

BUMP

So is this still happening , Time /place would probably be a great starting point although I think thats best decideded by those of you who are newcastle locals I'm venturing up from Central coast so I don't know what places are good to meet up that way .

1st weekend of feb is no good for me, my lady is going in for her c-section so ill be tied up.

22nd of feb or anytime after is good here. Also IMHO King Edward Park is the place to meet. its pretty easy to find, pretty in general, shady, cool, lovely view and a short walk to cliffs or beach or anywhere.

swung by there a while ago to meet hunub ku but time ran short on me :(. its still nice there. and temperature wise its one of the coolest places to hang about. its easy atleast 10 degrees cooler than anywhere else in Newcastle, unless your in the water itself ofcourse.

22nd of feb or anytime after is good here. Also IMHO King Edward Park is the place to meet. its pretty easy to find, pretty in general, shady, cool, lovely view and a short walk to cliffs or beach or anywhere.

Agree, both on date and on location. I'm all for meeting on Scobie Heath near the lily infested swamp and could nearly cope with the mosquitoes. But it is so devastatingly hot on campus at this time of year, I'd not use it as a meeting place before March. So maybe the 2nd meeting of 09 can be out there.

22nd Feb @ King Edward Park sounds great.

Enough time for people to pencil it in :)

So who's in? I live within walking distance, so i'm definitely there!!!

22nd Feb @ King Edward Park sounds great.

Enough time for people to pencil it in :)

So who's in? I live within walking distance, so i'm definitely there!!!

dam got Soundwave on the 22nd I'll have to catch you guys another time

EDIT: Any chance of doing it on the saturday instead ??

Edited by neoshaman

Or the following weekend? We got time to plan it out. The more the better i'd think.

I should be able to make a quick appearence on whatever day you guys decide

the nexrt weekend would be fine also however there is a Sydney Meet on the 28th which i'll be attending also, so if you mean Sunday the 1st then thats cool the weekend of the 21/22nd I have the saturady free the weekend 28/01st I have the Sunday free so hopefully one of those days suits every1 else I've been out of this scene for far to long so i'm pretty keen to get to know as many of you guys as possible.

what do people think of the 21st then?

it good? can we carve it in stone?

what do people think of the 21st then?

it good? can we carve it in stone?

thanks guys that would be great

I'm good with 21st feb.

Me too!

So we are meeting in King Edward Park?

I'll have to have a dig around and find some goodies to bring with me. I have some spare seeds of various things, that I'd be happy to swap for anything interesting (actually, I'll probably give some away, especially to those new to this).

*pulls out the chisel and stone plate*

sweet so King Edward Park 21st of February. Does anyone have time commitmetns? personally ill want to head in there about 10am if its a hot day, that way im not walking up the huge hill in the heat. and id try hang about all day.

what times are people good with? morning or afternoon?

*pulls out the chisel and stone plate*

what times are people good with? morning or afternoon?

Yup, its set in stone now!

I don't mind what time. I can meet at 10am if you want to go early...

A morning start would suit me, I am only available til 1pm

A morning start would suit me, I am only available til 1pm

Yeah 10 sounds good

Brilliant! that fell together nicely.

so 10am @ King Edward Park Saturday the 21st of February till whenever.

Looking forward to seeing yall there ;)

Forgot about this thread. Time and date are good for me! It will be great to have a meet, haven't had much of a newe meet before. See you all there!

Lets meet near the big white thing at 10am.

Then can move where-ever within king edward park to relax :) Probably close to the garden... Or maybe closer to the Bogy Hole where the convicts pool is.

Perhaps pm mobile number for those arriving late? Might be a good idea.

Hows that sound guys/gals?