The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
farmeroz

Newcastle, NSW

G'day folks, been a long time SAB person but only just now got back on the forums..

is there anyone else around in Newcastle / Port Stephens / Central Coast area ?

G'day folks, been a long time SAB person but only just now got back on the forums..

is there anyone else around in Newcastle / Port Stephens / Central Coast area ?

First on your list is where i'm from :)

Heya to those in Newe.

Newcastle here too.

Newcastle, though I'm from the central coast originally.

wow all of a sudden all these novacastrians pop up...good to see :)

Ill have to get in touch with you all to get to know yous

I just had a baby girl on Boxing day (well my partner had her i just watched) so yeah ive been a little busy lately but was an awesome xmas pressie

just wondering what you are all mostly interested in growing from here, is it the rare and unusual plants or just the trippy stuff?

I personally just want to build up a good collection of strange different plants not like all the other gardens people buy from kmart and bunnings. Ive gone past the trippy stage of my life and just want to collect and keep these rare plants going.

anyhow keep in touch and keep the thread going so its easier to find you guys :)

wow all of a sudden all these novacastrians pop up...good to see :)

Ill have to get in touch with you all to get to know yous

I just had a baby girl on Boxing day (well my partner had her i just watched) so yeah ive been a little busy lately but was an awesome xmas pressie

just wondering what you are all mostly interested in growing from here, is it the rare and unusual plants or just the trippy stuff?

I personally just want to build up a good collection of strange different plants not like all the other gardens people buy from kmart and bunnings. Ive gone past the trippy stage of my life and just want to collect and keep these rare plants going.

anyhow keep in touch and keep the thread going so its easier to find you guys :)

Central Coast here

i lived in newi for 4 years or so but moved away last year, might move back there again one day, i've got heaps of friends there. it's a good place i like it :)

We need a newcastle meet, who's up for it?!

We need a newcastle meet, who's up for it?!

Yeah but in the meantime you guys from newie should all come to the central coast meet see the thread in news and notices , a fair few of the coast residents don't seem to be able to attend this one so it would be good to boost the numbers a bit , I've seen C_T floating around on that thread but there seem to be many more novacastrians here also

Im keen for a meet.. ill check out the central coast thread and see if i can make it

I can't make the 10th, thats why i suggested a newcastle meet. If i didn't have this bucks party, i'd be there!

Yeah but in the meantime you guys from newie should all come to the central coast meet see the thread in news and notices ,

why dont you guys from Central come up here for the Newcastle meet? lmao

id be more able to make a Newcastle meet, my lady in final stages of pregnancy and i cant go too far away from her. could have a meet at a beach or baths, or to be near flowers civic or king edward park.

its been long overdue, we gotta start getting our own together.

its been long overdue, we gotta start getting our own together.

I agree. I'd suggest meeting out at the Uni either at one of the bars or at some of the wide open spaces near the lily filled pond/swamp/jungle that is behind the Engineering buildings(the fact I live only 10 min walk from here has nothing to do with it!) . But somewhere in town is probably easier for most of you guys to get to. Either way, I'm mobile, so I can probably get there.

Yes at or near uni would be excellent, I'd come for sure.

post-25-1231297129_thumb.jpg

How's this for a meeting spot?

pond1.JPG

pond1.JPG

post-25-1231297129_thumb.jpg

How's this for a meeting spot?

yeah newcastle or brooklyn i'm about in the middle of both so i'm not phased although its been about 6 years since i set foot on newcastle campus hahah better go find a map lol

Edited by neoshaman

For those not familiar we could just meet at the bar as suggested then wander down to the heath together. Or I could pick people up from Jesmond shops or Warabrook station and go from there. It is indeed a good spot to sit and have a chat Yeti.

Edited by Alice

The uni is based on wetlands, out back of engineering used to be a good place to relax back in 1997 when i attended lol. But the moskito's are BAD!

But the moskito's are BAD!

Not wrong there! Mandatory insect repellent territory in the warmer months. Good spot though and usually deserted as most students and staff are to lazy to walk down there.

I cant make the central coast meet now, but id be able to get to a newie meet for sure.. I dont mind where we meet, but whats the fascination with the swamp at the uni ?

The Hunter Botanic Gardens would be a beautiful place for a meet. Though i'm carless so somewhere close to public transport is best for me. Uni is 30min bus ride but do-able.