The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Re-Grifter

The "WARN" feature.....

Alright, so a while back i was probably a tad rude to planthelper (my apologies...), and lost my temper at baphomet (not hard to do when he get's going, let's face it)...but damn, how long does this "warn" thing last?...are the "warned" permanently marred or do we get some sort of salvation here?....i'm really an ok guy, i swear... :P ...and i enjoy using/reading this forum a lot more than others i am involved in.

Is this permanent?....i feel "dirty" seeing that warn percentage thing.....it haunts me in my sleep!, well ok, maybe that's a stretch...but what's the deal with all that?

Does it ever disappear/go down or am i forever doomed to be reminded of my imperfect human-ness?... :unsure:

I really wouldn't sweat it too much, I hadn't noticed, and I'm one of those PITA "I just noticed..." types .

Noone sensible would hold a minor conviction for verballing some precious wanker on a footpath against an otherwise pleasant enough character, and I don't think it would be too much of a problem here.

I've never been warned. What's it like? Is it dirty? Good dirty, bad dirty, take a shower or roll around and sniff it, dirty?

This reminds me of those cute post count posts :wub:

How bout those plants?

VM

Edited by Vertmorpheus

As allways Vert..colourful and anecdotal..sweeeeeeeeeet.

post-4860-1229090704_thumb.jpg

helpdesk_warning_sign.jpg

helpdesk_warning_sign.jpg

I have no problem with a mod reducing warn levels if he sees fit. I am not in favour of an automatic reduction after a certain time [like the traffic demerit system] as some warn points for significant breaches need to stay as a reminder [eg racist comments].

Mind you, I'd wouldn't call 3 months a long time. There are members here who got their warn levels reduced after a year or more as this is a much better guide to their long term behaviour. That gives you a few months to sweet talk planthelper ;)

I really wouldn't sweat it too much, I hadn't noticed, and I'm one of those PITA "I just noticed..." types .

How bout those plants?

VM

I don't think anyone else can see it....it's a private disgrace (thank Ra)

Plants?...what plants?.....i'm quite sure i don't know what you are talking about..... :P (for the public servants monitoring this site, i absolutely DO NOT possess any illegal flora?!)

Well, unless Hemia is illegal...... :o....in all honesty, call me a wimp, but i'd bin my plants if they became "illegal", i find it hard enough to sleep as it is...... :unsure:

Yes, i am a rather paranoid individual at the best of times.

Mind you, I'd wouldn't call 3 months a long time. There are members here who got their warn levels reduced after a year or more as this is a much better guide to their long term behaviour. That gives you a few months to sweet talk planthelper ;)

Haha, cool, i'll be good.... :)and charming....he simply won't be able to resist...*blinks cutely* :lol:

hey, re- grifter, i can't remeber you being rude towards me, maybe i faintly remeber (i'm not sure though) you venting your upset somehow towards me, but i think thats a very common and a human reaction (after beeing told off, we spit the dummy) and i can assure you not to take a thing like that personally.

you got warned because of the way you communicated with another member, as you stated above, and nothing of this has had anything to do with your interactions with me.

to another member i have to say that,

racist remarks are taken very serious here, and i am very fond of australien aboriginals and a post which has the sole purpose of having a laugh at them in a degrading fashion, i will not tolerate.

worse, i kindly asked this member to edit those remarks, but he did not do so, but instead later accused me of being a tyrant. again those remarks don't mean much to me, specialy if those members, as for example in this case, provide the forum with a lot of good information.

i have been only briefly to some other forums, and i must say, at some of them, i did not like the vibe there at all,

there was frequent name calling, lot's of spam and many post written by people totaly out of ther head and having no connection with the threads topic and storyline, and i would not like to see sab going a similar path.

i agree that seeing those red dots next to your name can be disheartening to some extent, so yes i think aswell warn levels can be reduced, under the right circumstances.

That's groovy planthelper!, it will remind me to behave myself if i ever feel snappy again, hehe.... :blush:...i suppose that's exactly what it's for!

Did someone say "bega" or something? Musta missed that one... unless you mean baphomet?

In his defence (somehow we end up via unspoken agreement leaving each other alone, isn't the world a whacky old place) i don't recall being offended (as an indigenous australian) by anything I have ever read of his material BUT I can see how it would hit buttons in empathetic types.

Just because someone is a member of a particular ethnic or cultural grouping, doesn't mean they are a good person, or any good at being a person. There are blackfellas who drink themselves spastic, abuse and neglect their kids depending on mood, and are generally an embarassment to the species (much covered motivations and social reasoning aside, for a moment). I object when I hear someone say "hehe, I saw this coon the other night, fuck he was smashed" but actually purely because they specified race... the C word itself doesn't bother me, my best mate, almost brother uses is frequently as that is how HE was raised... he's from COWRA ffs....but I also know he wouldn't step over someone choking on their own spew, or turn someone down for a job by default... wheras plenty that use careful wording are actually very nasty people indeed.

Course, when ppl start with blatantly made up "bloke down the pubisms" or "my dad told me" stuff...yknow, free cars (kidding me, right, have you talked to centrelink lately?).... fires in stoves (you say what you want matie, my mates mums cousins sister in law saw it with her own eyes!)... jumping on kiddies under bits of bark... then you just have to get that half smile and nod until they get bored. I certainly can't crack up at as many ppl as I'd LIKE to, on that note, otherwise I'd never get anything done.

Personally, in the last couple months it has occured to me to inform the govt that I made a mistake, that I am actually half indian, before they get smart and take fifty percent of our middle class kaptain kevin style welfare, or send a crew of queensland health workers out to inspect my daughter... says something. Actually, as an educated, urbanised hybrid type with a family background in commonwealth ATSI affairs, indigenous rights campaigning and no personal issues of discrimination at play in recent memory ... it makes me kind of sick to even think about having to THINK like that. But I do.

So who said Bega?

VM

What could you possibly be offended about Vertmorpheus? Did I post something racist about aboriginals??

to another member i have to say that,

racist remarks are taken very serious here, and i am very fond of australien aboriginals and a post which has the sole purpose of having a laugh at them in a degrading fashion, i will not tolerate.

worse, i kindly asked this member to edit those remarks, but he did not do so, but instead later accused me of being a tyrant. again those remarks don't mean much to me, specialy if those members, as for example in this case, provide the forum with a lot of good information.

In the first two lines of that paragraph I thought planthelper may have been having an unwarranted go at me but then read the rest of it and it seems this can't be the case cause to the best of my knowledge I have never posted anything racist about aboriginals or for the sole purpose of having a laugh at aboriginals, nor have I ever been warned by him or called him a tyrant so I guess he must be referring to someone else.

EDIT: Just read the Australia thread too, best to keep this discussion there I guess.

Edited by baphomet

just to clarify, as baph said, the racist remarks have nothing to do with him. they were made by another member.

i thought it was pretty clear, now i have to read the australia topic, some more...

Bloody hell, all starting to sound a bit complicated. Couldn't we just warn someone instead? Shove a goat out a tower, or something?

VM