The Corroboree
faustus

must-see documentaries

Had to put this one up.

New swirled order (crop circle documentary 2009)

'Enron' - watch the story of Enron's chief's swindle millions illegally

'weathermen underground' - about the anti war group the weathermen

'gonzo' and 'buy the ticket take the ride' - two similar doco's on Hunter S Thompson

'hashish' - everyday life growing pot and making resin in morroco

'manufactured landscapes' - the aesthetic in industrial landscapes

of course we have to mention ALL & anything narrated by David Attenborough

in particular the Planet Earth series, the life of plants & life in the undergrowth, but there are too many good ones to mention here really

Love a good doco, I can recommend the following -

Between the Folds - a doco about origami (of all things!?) - its beauty, complexity and some incredible applications to science (http://www.greenfusefilms.com/)

The Daddy of Rock n Roll - the heartwarming story of pschizophrenic artist Wesley Willis

HATED - interesting look at the scat punk artist/fucking idiot GG Allin, student doco

Shamans of the Amazon (Dean Jefferys) - locally produced doco about aya and DMT, including live experience reports, Terrence McKenna interviews etc

Also, pretty much any of the TED talks have that mind-blowing ability too

Just found this, watched the first 5 min and seemed quite good so far.

BBC horizion, Cannabis, The Evil Weed.

You should find it at most good file sharing servers

I know Hunab said it on the first page, but it bears repeating:

Baraka. Welcome to a rollercoaster of emotions. Never felt less like a human disease, and never felt such burning pride in humanity. I never wanted it to end.

Off the Grid: Life on the Mesa

Twenty-Five miles from town, a million miles from mainstream society, a loose-knit community of radicals live in the desert, struggling to survive with little food, less water and no electricity, as they cling to their unique vision of the American dream.

Blood Into Wine

Join multi-platinum recording artist Maynard James Keenan and winemaking mentor Eric Glomski as they pioneer the long road to bringing credibility and notoriety to the Northern Arizona Winemaking Region.

The Disappearing Male

The Disappearing Male is about one of the most important, and least publicized, issues facing the human species: the toxic threat to the male reproductive system.

Alone in the Wilderness

Documentary tells the story of Dick Proenneke who, in the late 1960s, built his own cabin in the wilderness at the base of the Aleutian Peninsula, in what is now Lake Clark National Park. Using color footage he shot himself, Proenneke traces how he came to this remote area, selected a homestead site and built his log cabin completely by himself. The documentary covers his first year in-country, showing his day-to-day activities and the passing of the seasons as he sought to scratch out a living alone in the wilderness.

The Cove

Using state-of-the-art equipment, a group of activists, led by renowned dolphin trainer Ric O'Barry, infiltrate a cove near Taijii, Japan to expose both a shocking instance of animal abuse and a serious threat to human health.

Other Worlds

The secrets about unlocking the mysteries of consciousness by plant-drugs. The related chances and risks involved in this shamanism.

Manufacturing Dissent: Uncovering Michael Moore

Manufacturing Dissent is a topical documentary seeking to separate fact, fiction, and legend. It chronicles Michael Moore on tour during the promotion of Fahrenheit 9/11, all while exploring the politically charged climate in America that has prompted Moore's ascension from documentary filmmaker to icon of the political left.

This Film Is Not Yet Rated

Kirby Dick's exposé about the American movie ratings board.

Operation Hollywood

The American military forces has a long tradition of cooperation with the movie industry. Movie studios can save millions of dollars by securing use of military stock footage, equipment and manpower. But there will only be cooperation if the scripts are depicting the armed forces in a favorable way. The most realistic and successful war movies has generally been made without the military's support.

The Union: The Business Behind Getting High

BC's illegal marijuana trade industry has evolved into a business giant, dubbed by some involved as 'The Union', Commanding upwards of $7 billion Canadian annually. With up to 85% of 'BC Bud' being exported to the United States, the trade has become an international issue. Follow filmmaker Adam Scorgie as he demystifies the underground market and brings to light how an industry can function while remaining illegal. Through growers, police officers, criminologists, economists, doctors, politicians and pop culture icons, Scorgie examines the cause and effect nature of the business - an industry that may be profiting more by being illegal.

Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!

The story of "Ozploitation" movies - a time when Australian cinema showed an explosion of sex, violence, horror and action. Includes anecdotes, lessons in maverick filmmaking and a genuine love of Australian movies. It moves through Aussie genre cinema of the 70s and early 80s - claiming it's an unjustly forgotten cinematic era of boobs, pubes, tubes... and even a little kung fu.

The Power of Nightmares: The Rise of the Politics of Fear

A series of three documentaries about the use of fear for political gain.

Okay, maybe I should stop now. :)

The union is an awesome doco, thanks for the post ill be sure to look out for them, where are they available? Or were the downloaded? Hooked 1,2 are kinda funny/good ill look through my dvds and see if I have anything worth mentioning

Shoes

in particular the Planet Earth series

That BBC series has some great pictures.

For some spectacular aerial shots of our planet, Yann Arthus-Bertrand's HOME is a must see. The trailer almost doesn't do the film justice.

Worth the 8.8GB download for the full HD version.

The union is an awesome doco, thanks for the post ill be sure to look out for them, where are they available? Or were the downloaded? Hooked 1,2 are kinda funny/good ill look through my dvds and see if I have anything worth mentioning

Shoes

Isn't it enough that I went and found the descriptions? I mean, jeez... :wink: The truth is that I looked for a few of them in YouTube and Google Video, but couldn't find them. And being that these were ones which I really thought were on there, I left the rest of the searching up to you guys. Cool? :innocent_n:

GREAT VIDEO!! There is no need for cancer to still exist. It still does only because of willful suppression of cures which have existed for a long time. This important documentary is Powerful and Uplifting... please watch

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Ye4N8EH3dog

Edited by blowng
  • Like 1

I watch documentaries basically every night so could recommend thousands. My favourites are all from the BBC though, especially the 3 part series titled "Atom" by Jim Al-Khalili. Basically every one of Al-Khalili's BBC documentaries are legendary for me, Science and Islam is quite amazing as is Chemistry : A Volatile History. 3 must watch documentaries IMO

Grizzly Man - bears are not your friends OK!

That's right, they are not our friends. But as that amazing doco shows, they're not our enemies either. Highly recommended.

GasLand

Part vérité travelogue, part exposé, part mystery, part showdown, GasLand is a compelling and emotional first-person story of discovery and, ultimately, empowerment.

In September 2006, theatre director and part-time banjo player Josh Fox received an unexpected letter in the mail: a natural gas company offering him $100 000 for permission to explore his family’s upstate New York property, in the lush Delaware River Basin area.

Rather than join many of his neighbours in signing on the dotted line, Josh’s curiosity saw him asking questions. He soon discovered that in the race for ‘cleaner’, greener & more efficient energy sources, the largest natural gas drilling boom in history is sweeping the globe, and in the US, the Halliburton-led drilling technology of hydraulic fracturing (or ‘fracking’) has unlocked a “Saudi Arabia of natural gas”.

So Josh picked up his camcorder, and set out on a journey across America’s heartland. His personal concerns quickly uncover global ones, as the citizens of ‘GasLand’ testify to what’s been happening around them. It becomes evident that the multi-million dollar business of fracking has contaminated the water supply, the corporate giants are in cover-up mode, and the PR-spun government has not only turned a blind eye, it has regulated itself out of the picture…

Rough-hewn yet poetic, the film is a desperate plea for scrutiny of a powerful industry that has now turned its eyes on a new, massive and (for now) largely unexplored territory: Australia.

GasLand was awarded the Special Jury Prize for Documentary at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival, and voted the best competition film of any section by indieWIRE’s Sundance Critics Poll.

Bruce Parry is awesome. A doco Called The Yes Men save the world is a good watch.

RASH

RASH is a contemporary story of modern urban Australia and the artists who are making it a living host for illegal artwork called ‘street art’.

This feature length documentary explores the cultural value of unsanctioned public art, and graffiti’s contribution to public dialogue.

Exit Through The Gift Shop

This is the inside story of Street Art - a brutal and revealing account of what happens when fame, money and vandalism collide. Exit Through the Gift Shop follows an eccentric shop-keeper turned amateur film-maker as he attempts to capture many of the world’s most infamous vandals on camera, only to have a British stencil artist named Banksy turn the camcorder back on its owner with wildly unexpected results.

One of the most provocative films about art ever made, Exit Through the Gift Shop is a fascinating study of low-level criminality, comradeship and incompetence. By turns shocking, hilarious and absurd, this is an enthralling modern-day fairytale... with bolt cutters.

Chemo or Cannabis: How Would You Like to Treat Your Cancer?

It is one thing to kill a cancer cell, but the real question wracking science's collective brain is: can you survive the treatment? This is the central concern regarding how we approach cancer, the plague of modern times. Len Richmond's documentary "What if Cannabis Cured Cancer," narrated by Emmy award-winning actor Peter Coyote, is a well-researched account of the chemical benefits of the cannabis plant. Interviewing a multitude of doctors and researchers across the world, "What if Cannabis..." explains how certain compounds in cannabis, including THC, attack only cancer cells while actually protecting healthier ones. And here is the real kicker: with incredible results! However, its healing effects are not limited to just cancer. Cannabis contains compounds that work holistically with the entire human body on such conditions as epilepsy, bipolar disorder, glaucoma, Alzheimer's, multiple sclerosis, neuropathic pain, depression, leukemia, and more.

The documentary also outlines the misinformation campaign by both government and media as to the ill effects of cannabis on users. For instance, it is an eyebrow raising revelation that not a single recorded death has ever been attributed to cannabis, while it remains a Schedule I drug -- along with heroin and meth -- under the Controlled Substances Act.

What do people think about the idea of hard to find documentaries that some of us have being burnt to dvd [data to fit more] and posted to a member who then copies it and posts it to another member and so on....

I know I for one have a lot of documentaries to offer...

Here is a list of docos just relative to psychedelia [in one way or another]

I have a shitload of other types too but will make a list up at a later date...

Bruce Lipton - The New Biology - Where Mind and Matter Meet (2001)

Alex Grey Documentary

War on Drugs\Therapeutic Potential of Psychedelics

War on Drugs\The Unknown Truth - Am I Paranoid - Glasgow 911 Truth

War on Drugs\The Pharmacratic Inquisition 2007 - DVD - Official Online Edition

War on Drugs\The Meth Epidemic (26 Million Addicts Methamphetamine Destroys Brain Pleasure Center PBS Frontline 2006)

War on Drugs\Taboo - National Geographic - Mind Altering Drugs

War on Drugs\Sex Drugs and Democracy

War on Drugs\Rand0m Drug Propaganda Film - Drugs Are Like That (1979)

War on Drugs\Pharmacratic Inquisition

War on Drugs\National Geographic - Worlds Most Dangerous Drug (Meth)

War on Drugs\LEAP (LawEnforcementAgainstProhibition)

War on Drugs\Hooked - Illegal Drugs (and how they got that way)

War on Drugs\Emperor Of Hemp

War on Drugs\Ecstasy Rising

War on Drugs\BrassEye - Cake

The Secret Life Of Plants

Shamanism\White Shamans & Plastic Medicine Men

Shamanism\Tribe - Sanema Virola

Shamanism\Tribe - Babonga Iboga

Shamanism\Tibetan Book of The Dead - The Great Liberation - NFB

Shamanism\The sand people of Kalahri

Shamanism\The Future of Mankind - 2012

Shamanism\Munay KI

Shamanism\MayanMajix

Shamanism\fire on the mountain

Shamanism\Entheogenic Shamanism - Ancient Astronauts - History

Shamanism\Entheogen

Shamanism\Carlos Castaneda.Enigma of a Sorcerer(2004)

Psychedelic Science\Psychedelic Science - BBC 1997

Psychedelic Science\Horizon - Time trip

Psychedelic Science\From LSD to mind - Recent Advances of psychedelic research

Music\Last Hippie Standing (Goa Documentary)

Music\Liquid Crystal Vision

Mental Health\Stanislav Grof - Psychology of the Future

Mental Health\Schizophrenia Animated Minds

Mental Health\Psychiatry An Industry Of Death

Mental Health\I Love being mad

Mental Health\Horizon - God on the brain

Entheogens\[HST] Peyote to LSD - A Psychedelic Odyssey

Entheogens\Working With Psychedelics

Entheogens\Sacred Weeds - Salvia Divinorum/Henbane/Blue Lily/Amanita muscaria [4 episodes]

Entheogens\Manifesting the Mind.avi

Entheogens\Mushrooms\Paul Stamets - 1999 Psychoactivity Conference in Amsterdam

Entheogens\Mushrooms\Mushroom Growing Made Easy

Entheogens\LSD\Timothy Learys Dead Xtra - No.4. LSD - Science And Experience

Entheogens\LSD\Syd Barrett - First LSD Trip (Home Video)

Entheogens\LSD\Space.Cadet.-.LSD.Being.Tested.on.British.Troops

Entheogens\LSD\Russian Documentary LSD Military Tests

Entheogens\LSD\Power & Control LSD In The Sixties

Entheogens\LSD\LSD - The Beyond Within

Entheogens\LSD\Hofmann's Potion

Entheogens\LSD\Getting High - The History Of LSD

Entheogens\LSD\Beyond Life With Timothy Leary

Entheogens\LSD\BBC - Tim Leary - The Man Who Turned On America

Entheogens\LSD\Timothy Learys Dead Xtra - No.4. LSD - Science And Experience

Entheogens\LSD\Syd Barrett - First LSD Trip (Home Video)

Entheogens\LSD\Power & Control LSD In The Sixties

Entheogens\LSD\LSD - The Beyond Within

Entheogens\LSD\Hofmann's Potion

Entheogens\LSD\Getting High - The History Of LSD

Entheogens\LSD\Beyond Life With Timothy Leary

Entheogens\LSD\BBC - Tim Leary - The Man Who Turned On America

Entheogens\Ibogaine\One life - Detox or die - Ibogaine

Entheogens\Ibogaine\Ibogaine - Rite of Passage

Entheogens\Ibogaine\One life - Detox or die

Entheogens\Cannabis\Waiting to inhale

Entheogens\Cannabis\Timeshift - The Cannabis Years

Entheogens\Cannabis\The.Cannabis.Cup.2003.DVDRip.XviD-VALiOMEDiA

Entheogens\Cannabis\The MJ Files

Entheogens\Cannabis\The Magic Weed - History Of Cannabis Sativa

Entheogens\Cannabis\The Hemp Revolution

Entheogens\Cannabis\Super High Me

Entheogens\Cannabis\Spliff On Sea

Entheogens\Cannabis\Smoking Weed - how to roll a blunt

Entheogens\Cannabis\Grass - The History of Marijuana

Entheogens\Cannabis\Hemp For Victory -1942 - Propaganda In Favor Of Cannabis In Wwii

Entheogens\Cannabis\Timeshift - The Cannabis Years

Entheogens\Cacti\Last of the medicine men - Peyote

Entheogens\Ayahuasca\Ayahuasca & Mystical Secrets of the Amazon

Entheogens\Ayahuasca\Shamans Of The Amazon

Entheogens\Ayahuasca\Shaman - Other Worlds - Ayahuasca Documentary

Entheogens\Ayahuasca\Jungle trip - Ayahuasca

Entheogens\Ayahuasca\Double Helix - The DNA Years

Entheogens\Ayahuasca\Extreme Celebrity Ayahuasca

:rolleyes: