The Corroboree
whit3rabbit

Lime paste

Was about to place an order and realised I wanted some lime paste as I havent been able to find any in local shops. Can't see it in the store, will it be coming back soon/at all? I haven't been able to find any other online sellers either.

Also T are you going to stock the choca extract in the future!

both will be back shortly. not sure if I'll get enough time before xmas though.

Ok, good to know :) I'll just place my order w/o lime paste then.

I've found lime paste available in some Asian supermarkets and smaller Asian convenience stores...mind you there are about 50 different ones near me so its not surprising...the one I use is from Indonesia..really fuckin choice for yopo.

H.

I need lime paste too!

It would be handy...

usually will find good bases for chews and snuffs in asian and indian shops, my local has huge indian and vietnamese shops and i can find lime paste in almost all of them, if you get to go past one, stop and have a dig around in there, can also find this stuff called lye water, usually potassium carbonate or calcium carbonate, strong stuff, but bases out stuff for chewing and snuff pretty well, just go easy with it, a little goes a long way. its used for noodle making.

as well as some indian deserts call for lime paste too i think i read the other day looking at recipes.

i am not a big fan of lime paste though, i prefer that lye water in small amounts, for tobacco works wonders with a little salt, lye water a drop or so and tobacco, glycerine sometimes, depends what im making but makes an ok chew, pastuerise it with some flavours makes it even better.

Has anyone gone the whole sea-shell or snail shell route? What's the go there?