The Corroboree
kushizm

Anyone into DUBSTEP or HARDSYLE?

themagicmushroom and slybacon, neither of your links worked for me. I got all excited about hearing some local shit. Please fix em I wanna listen.

indigosunrise, that's some mad phat wobbley NI-MassiveStep. Love It.

Musicmouth - an unfinished dubsteppy track of mine.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7g40hg Redemption - Booka Shade ( Substance Remix Long Edit)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ofpyrl Pre Elastic - Chill Dub Step - Substance2010

The links only stay up for about 7 days. Im in the process of finding an online label to upload too.

Edited by Slybacon

SICK :drool2::worship:

"Youd think we'd like rock music, wuddunt ya?"

Edited by Slybacon

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7g40hg Redemption - Booka Shade ( Substance Remix Long Edit)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ofpyrl Pre Elastic - Chill Dub Step - Substance2010

The links only stay up for about 7 days. Im in the process of finding an online label to upload too.

nice tracks Sb!! cool to see you refining your artform bro. love the groove & feel of the pre elastic track. thats the only one i've listened to yet though, just one suggestion as a peer & of course you're entirely free to dismiss it! to my ear it sounds like the track could be enhanced by tweaking the snare some... i've found layering seperate frequency, timbre & length snares to be key to dubstep. it's like it's got crack in such a way as to cut straight through the bass & hit your body with equal & kind of opposite force.. white noise is also a really useful component in just about any dubstep snare. just my 2 cents, i remember chatting to you about beatmaking well back in the day, so i'm sure you'll take it the right way..

of course if you change it & it totally fucks your track don't blame me lol

edit: yeah &the headphones i'm using actually shouldn't be trusted to give me a true picture of whats actually going on, so take it for what it's worth :wink:

Edited by paradox

^^^^ Yeah. I really like to layer snare drums. That track is drum samples from the Thomas Penton pack. I'm two days off the new place then I'll have some more inspiration. I'll be offline for a couple of weeks..... Will be good to diconnect :P

I cant give any contructive critizism about the tracks cos i have no experience with this dubstep business, but prier and slybacon's music = win.

Well done guys. 2 thumbs up

^^^^ Cheers mate.... Will be a very constructive year, heaps inspired to pump out some tunes, my new flat mate has some slick production skills, pretty keen to show u guys some of his work :).... ;P

Dont mind a bit of dubstep. Sydeny seems to have been seeing some pretty nice dubstep gigs in the last few years. Caught Ntype play twice in the last year or so. That guy rips it. Its not really something i listen too much on my home stereo though or with headphones. In my opinion it needs some big fucking bass bins behind it to make me really dig it. For me the music seems a lot about the system and the atmosphere as much as the sound. When you can really feel that wobbly base its a lot different to just hearing it. That shit needs to play LOUD

On that same note I'm not really digging the hardstyles too much, I cant say i have ever really heard it in the same way though. All the hardstyle gigs seem a bit too ESHAAAY BRAH for my liking.

Perhaps dubstep gigs are gonna head in that direction too. In which case ill probably listen to it a lot less.

Edited by yaguareté

Does "ESHAAAY BRAH" Involve brands like Nautica and Ralph Lauren shaved head and southern cross tats?

Does "ESHAAAY BRAH" Involve brands like Nautica and Ralph Lauren shaved head and southern cross tats?

Yeah thats the one. The general attitude of people who base there personality on a jail type mentality. Petty criminal and proud, Lad.