The Corroboree
kushizm

Anyone into DUBSTEP or HARDSYLE?

Just to really annoy some of the members here - the best days in electronic music for mine were the acid days - liquidy sounding LFOs and and filter runs on tb-303s - cool scene, sort of irrerevant vibe and the music suited the drugs more in my opinion. Psytrance became all about how you looked. it became kinda trendiesd. I remember at one party that the majority of people dancing were spending lots of time seeing if other people were looking at them.

Never sawa that in the acid days - it was all fun and anything goes.

RIP Caspar Pound...

viva la dub revolution!

I get mine from beatport. Allways keen for swapping notes, pm if your keen.

my music path has lead me well clear of hardstyle appreciation though, tbh I really need a broken beat. thump thump thump doesnt tickle my fancy, be it house, trance or any of them

Edited by Brero

Thoroughly enjoy both! Artist i like: Benga, Coki, Skream, Bass Clef, Cotti, Digital Mystikz, Burial (ghost hardware, southern comfort i love)...

Benga + Walsh - Military

Hardstyle, hard trance, hard techno i love too. Hardly know any names though.

Goa trance, psytrance is my first love i must say, am attempting to make a name for my self as a DJ (nothing beyond my bedroom at this point though). Was a progression from hiphop/rock to drum and bass, then to psy/goa where im at currenty (no doubt pharmacologically influenced).

Ive yet to hear a psy/dubstep mix. Could work very well considering similar tempo.

a lot of people whom have grown over the psytrance thingy are getting into deep prog and dub step..

SOOOO TRUE!!! Psy was a bit of an epiphany for me at the age of 17, but 5 years on, it's just not sounding so deep anymore. Maybe my ears have evolved....deep, tribal prog and liquid dub is where it's at from here.

Although, dubstep I find kind of hit-n-miss....it's awesome, except for all the shit vocals, lol. I challenged a dubstep DJ friend of mine to find me ten dubstep tracks with vocals I liked - he still hasn't come up with the goods.

It's interesting, I think I liked the 'psytrance thingy' when I was all stuck in my airy-fairy 'I'm so spiritual' phase...I find as I'm getting older, I'm getting more grounded, and not really appreciating psy as much. Bassy, flowing stuff is definitely doing it for me now. Bring it on!!

Oh and hardcore? Shmeh

I don't mind dubstep but I can't stand listening to hardstyle..

Psytrance is so much better I reckon! And Merkaba is indeed excellent Hedonix

Edited by Adrian Psy

sorry indigosunrise i should have been clearer - those are the styles of music i mainly listen to separately at the moment. i dont know of anyone mixing dupstep and prog/psy

I do! :bootyshake: darker psygressive (zenon recs, cosmic conspiracy recs sorta) heavier trippy dubstep, psybreaks all mashed up.

just have to share this link, best dubstep internet radiostaion sub fm

just have to share this link, best dubstep internet radiostaion sub fm

Can't say I'm a huge fan of much posted to this thread but this station is nice and mellow. thanks :D

Can't say I'm a huge fan of much posted to this thread but this station is nice and mellow. thanks :D

glad you like it, it's got a good diversity of styles. some mellow, some chunky & everything in between. the archives are an amazing resource too for mp3 downloads of sets :wink:

a friend of mine is playing a set on there soon, during the sydney crews slot. not sure of the date & time yet but i'll post here & let ya's know when if people are at all interested.

*bump*

Got a mix from a mate who has made some absoloutely killer dubstep (in my opinion) in Sydney and felt I should share.

I strongly recommend that people into this music should definitely check it out... 6 out of the 9 tracks in the mix are written and produced by him and the production\sound impressed me enough that I couldn't justify compressing to anything smaller than a flac file as I didn't want share the mix with quality loss (it's about a 180mb download)...

Main reason I'm posting it is I think that some people in other states who mix dubstep\dnb (or have friends who mix) might be interested in tossing a track or two into their set... so if there is any interest I can get the unmixed tracks if there is demand.

Link to download: ED1 Mix 2009

1. Meck - ED1

2. Akillavanjaro - ED1

3. Another World - ED1

4. Cliff Hanger - ED1

5. Red Light - ED1

6. Force Field - Vista

7. Chair Man - ED1

8. The Future - Trolley Snatcher

9. Sunday Morning - Borgore

Edited by -=IndigoSunrise=-

Oh... I think I fucked up the rip so if it cuts out towards the end then don't be suprised lol.

Not really into dubstep, hardstuff more though when i was younger

When i used to like a bit of a shuffle this track used to always get me move'n

Like a bit of this shit aye? (play it loud!! WARNING hardstyle)

Is that DJ Spin Cycle or is it DJ Perma Press :innocent_n:

Here is a picture of my stereo

Goodmans Axiom Bass Speakers

Wharfedale Three Way Speakers

Technics Turntable

NAD Amp

post-6798-126105794117_thumb.jpg

only plays Enya

Very nice weedrampage. The sound out of that would be awesome. Nice avatar btw :lol:

cheers

can just see the chuppa chups being dipped into the 8balls of speed now.

hands in the air and glow sticks waving...

H.

:BANGHEAD2::blink::wacko::blink::wacko::blink::wacko::blink::wacko::blink::wacko:

dubstep comes from african reggae dub its more like :bong:B)

but yeah interpretation can lead to souless cheese eating

def into the psycadelic music age its not over man trust me its just hard to find and comes and goes in waves like most psycadelics

im working on some ideas for psycadelic lounges freeforming old skool light slide shows improvised soundscapes anat

is it worth asking where i can catch some hyperdub / dub in melbourne?

any one know venues, nights, dj's etc? maybe even a website that posts upcoming gigs etc?

:bong:

themagicmushroom and slybacon, neither of your links worked for me. I got all excited about hearing some local shit. Please fix em I wanna listen.

indigosunrise, that's some mad phat wobbley NI-MassiveStep. Love It.

Musicmouth - an unfinished dubsteppy track of mine.