The Corroboree
Vertmorpheus

Facebook Whoring

I can't do facebook anymore. I did have a stint at having the thing going but it's just too bloody public. I don't everybody knowing who all my friends are, where I live, whatever... even being able to type my name into google and have it come up is pretty fucked - without it heading someone off to my facebook account. So no more! I hereby denounce facebook because it intrudes into my life where I don't want intrusion.

have fun.

drunk, lol

Edited by blowng

Facebook does not know where you live unless you tell it where you live. Are you stupid? Or just habitually prone to answering questions honestly regardless the cost to yourself?

Keep your friends in lists, your self obscured.

Simple stuff, again.

Edited by Whispering Leaves

Well i duntknow anybody here :( but i want to be in fcb as well jejej

how can i do ???

Great tool for ASIO and the cops...very clever and OBVIOUS!

Anyone can work out where you live because of your friend access even if they can't access your page,just as long as someone they know can,then they go to their house and check out your personal LOL space without you knowing it too. :rolleyes:

Try to remove your site...it's not easy.You can shut others access,but they will say if you want to re-open up,then punch in your old name and pass.

I've done it and keep getting mail to say I've been tagged,added etc and I set all access to me only,pulled all photo's and entries........You don't own your own space :wink:

Can't believe I got suckered in.....it's a WANK!

pretty sure it's in the agreement that they are allowed to store and use anything that you put up there, so if you delete photos, comments etc they are surely stored in a database somewhere.

...post-4908-127330932197_thumb.jpg

28461_1322394498909_1202240765_30761269_3999469_n.jpg

28461_1322394498909_1202240765_30761269_3999469_n.jpg

those youtube videos about facebook are cracking me up lol

Police tell teens to remove Facebook photos

489614-nona-belomesoff.jpg Nona Belomesoff agreed to meet her alleged killer at a train station after meeting him on Facebook.

POLICE have urged all teenagers to remove their profile pictures from Facebook and the names of the schools they attend.

The heartbroken family of slain teenager Nona Belomesoff, 18, who was allegedly murdered by a stranger she met on Facebook, joined the plea.

"You just never know who is on the other side of the internet, you could be talking to anyone," Nona's brother Gary Belomesoff, 20, said yesterday.

He said the family was "severely traumatised" by the loss of his animal-loving sister, who agreed to meet her alleged killer - who had offered to help her into a career rescuing animals - at Leumeah railway station.

Detective Superintendent John Kerlatec urged drastic action to protect children and teenagers against potential internet predators.

"Don't have a photo of yourself on Facebook. Have photos only open to friends," he said.

"Treat each person you talk to as a complete stranger.

"For parents, you wouldn't invite a complete stranger into your homes and have them sit down with your child for hours on end, so don't let them sit on the internet talking to strangers for hours on end."

Supt Kerlatec said that internet predators searched social networking site profiles for children's interests then, pretending to share them, struck up a conversation.

He warned teens should never agree to meet a stranger they met online unless they were with friends and had also alerted their parents to their plans.

If children listed their school or their interests, Supt Kerlatec said it gave predators vital information to exploit.

Ms Belomesoff's is the second alleged murder of a young Australian woman linked to social networking.

Psychologist Michael Carr-Gregg, who raised warnings about online predators in his book Real Wired Child in 2007, said: "Sadly, it's an incredibly steep learning curve we're all on. The fact is, it's dangerous online.

"Young people can get into horrendous trouble.

"They are trusting, and they are being exposed to people who mean to do them harm."

Ms Belomesoff's family flooded the internet with their grief yesterday. Lilia Guan, her cousin, wrote: "I feel nothing but anger." Another cousin, Sam Guan, said Nona was "the light of the family".

Premier Kristina Keneally yesterday joined the calls for caution and offered her condolences to Nona's family.

"No matter what our age . . . we should be careful of the people who we meet online and not assume that they are who they represent themselves to be," she said.

"Certainly for parents, it is a tragic yet timely reminder to be aware of what your children are doing online and who they are talking to."

Christopher James Dannevig, 20, from Leumeah, has been charged with Nona's murder and is due to appear in Campbelltown Local Court on Thursday.

Mr Dannevig reportedly had a collection of more than 100 photos of girls, many scantily-clad or striking seductive poses, to his Bebo social networking page.

Ninemsn reported that in a description of himself, Mr Dannevig wrote: "I'm easy going. I love to play football. I'm just looking for new friends to hang out with."A personal survey Mr Dannevig completed on the site showed he listed one fear - going to jail.

http://www.news.com.au/national/police-tell-teens-to-remove-facebook-photos/story-e6frfkvr-1225867471110

Edited by blowng

Can't believe I got suckered in.....it's a WANK!

Yeh, no shit lol. At first i thought "yeh this is ok, i can catch up with ppl i havent seen or heard from in years". I setup an account, used it actively for about a month or so but now i dont even open the thing, no point as i dont care who just had a coffee, made their bed, got the kids to school, read the paper or is bored, i just dont give a fuck. I realised though, the ppl i was happy to catch up with after so long, there is reasons why we havent caught up and hence, no reason to have a facebook page!

Im deleting mine.

i still dont get it.

yeah i think im gonna delete mine as well. massive time waster. Torsten got me fuken hooked on that farmville game, after months of going 'nah im not interested in ebing ur neighbour' then abandoned me in my addiction. Got me hooked then stopped farmvilling! Am happy to say i dont go near it anymore, used to waste hrs clicking on that freakin thing.

It is handy for catchin up with old school mates etc, ive gotten back in touch and hang out now with a few. I dont have photos on there, especially of my kid. There are some fuked up people on the internet. And if i found a pedophile had been jerkin off to somethin like that id feel morally bound to track them down and put out their eyes and then some :P

Im starting to really think the internet as a whole is pretty fucked up. Good for getting info but u can never be certain the info is fact. Its a horrible timewaster. Have only got my home net back on a week ago, and have noticed how much time i really waste on it when i could be doing much more fruitful and healthy things. I find it can act like a dissasociative in that it really disconnects me from reality.

Ima gonna ween myself back of it (the internet), was alot more active and productive when i didnt have the home connection.

Its shocking if you suffer, like I, the sickness that is procrastionation. especially when u have essays due in.

ebay sucks me in every time, then theres sab, which will totally throw your head outta wack :P

back to reality.

Nah there's no problem :rolleyes:

Quit Faceboook

Edited by mescalito

Facebook Cop - coming to a computer screen near you, if the AFP has its way

312323-facebook-screen.gif The Australian Federal Police want Facebook to work more closely with law enforcement agencies / AFP. Source: AFP

YOU may have heard of RoboCop and Future Cop, but did you know we may soon have our very own Facebook Cop?

The Australian Federal Police is reportedly pushing for the social networking site Facebook to employ a law enforcement expert in Australia, The ABC reports.

AFP assistant commissioner Neil Gaughan is joining six senior law enforcement officials from around the world in Washington later today for a US Department of Justice meeting about the social networking site, the ABC said.

The ABC reports the AFP wants Facebook to appoint a dedicated officer in Australia to match individual user accounts to internet addresses if they believed they were involved in criminal activity.

Currently, if the AFP wishes to identify a Facebook user, they are required to submit a request via the Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters Act of 1987 which can take up to 18 months to process.

It said the AFP would also push for Facebook's law enforcement guidelines to match Australian law as well as discuss the possibility of banning anyone under the age of 13 from joining the social network.

The moves would perhaps help stave off crimes such as the death of Sydney teenager Nona Belomesoff, who met her alleged killer via Facebook.

Meanwhile, Facebook has called for a press conference later today (AEST) to discuss "enhanced, simpler" privacy controls designed to appease concerns about safeguarding information at the social-networking service.

Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg and other senior executives are slated to take part in the briefing, which will be at the firm's headquarters in the city of Palo Alto, California.

Mr Zuckerberg said yesterday the social network "missed the mark" with its privacy controls and changes were imminent.

"Sometimes we move too fast - and after listening to recent concerns, we're responding," he wrote in a column published on the op-ed page of The Washington Post.

Facebook last month sparked criticism from US privacy and consumer groups, US lawmakers and the European Union by adding the ability for partner websites to incorporate data regarding members of the social-networking service.

"The biggest message we have heard recently is that people want easier control over their information," Mr Zuckerberg said. "Simply put, many of you thought our controls were too complex.

"Our intention was to give you lots of granular controls; but that may not have been what many of you wanted," the 26-year-old Facebook chief executive said. "We just missed the mark."

He stressed that Facebook does "not share your personal information with people or services you don't want" and does "not give advertisers access to your personal information."

"We do not and never will sell any of your information to anyone," Mr Zuckerberg said, adding that Facebook will always remain a free service.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/facebook-cop-coming-to-a-computer-screen-near-you-if-the-afp-has-its-way/story-e6frfro0-1225871440833

• Like 1

Great tool for ASIO and the cops...very clever and OBVIOUS!

I like the idea,but what a waste of taxpayers money!

Employ a cop to make sure you are safe online LOFL....you only have to have a friend that the cops are looking for for some piddly dope or some shit and now you're part of it....no thanks,enough goes on here in this town when you're car is seen at a mates place and then you get pulled up and searched.All because you helped him fix a goddamn stereo!

Whatever happened to getting outside and writing letters,nay ye old telephone?

How many people on your friends list actually give a shit after the initial contact?...like really they're mostly in it to show you what they have and shit.

It's intelligence gathering for the taking by authority IMO.

Stuff that I want to be a nobody unless I have a good group of friends.I just wish this forum wasn't connected with it,I use Adblock Plus to block Farcebook's access when I log in here.

As for the recent events it was inevitable and up to the person behind the keyboard....if you can't see someone's eyes I wouldn't get too close.

There will be problems with this mark my words :wink:

hoax?

FACEBOOK WILL END ON MARCH 15th!

Mark Zuckerberg announced that Facebook will be shut down in March. Managing the site has become too stressful. "Facebook has gotten out of control," said Zuckerberg in a press conference outside his Palo Alto office, "and the stress of managing this company has ruined my life. I need to put an end to all the madness."

http://weeklyworldne...-on-march-15th/

Edited by blowng

I will be amused if it is not a hoax. I wonder what people will scramble to to get their next fix?

Then again, it does make communication rather convenient.

If Zuckerbergs comments are real then he'll just sell his ownership to someone else. And they'll manage it. Facebook will be around for ages as long as it makes money.

peace

I'll put my money on a hoax, but this shit is going straight to my profile :devil: .

I don't do Facebook. Does anyone still have a Livejournal (online thought log) that they update? I'd love to connect with your blogs.

today i wiped out my facebook.

sight*.. was kinda hard to do , but il live.

need to spend more time in the real world.

• Like 2