The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
AndyAmine.

Nimbin Hemp Bar closed down!!!

Yep, thats right, the Hemp Bar is being forcefully shut down.

Check down the bottom of the page available via the below link to read the legal doc sent to Dave.

http://www.nimbinhempbar.com/

Not sure if this should be in the legal matters forum or not?

That doesnt make sense. If they have evidence that an illegal product is being sold, they would have raided it and arrested the people involved, right? But instead they threaten his landlord?

Looks like the only thing missing is the "pay $100 a week for protection from crime" sentence.

My guess is they have nothing...

The Hempbar has been raided before and they were shut down for a day during the last MardiGrass, looks like they used that as a bit of a test as well.

People who workl there have records and drug histories yadda, yadday, yadda, so on and so forth.

None the less, its still pretty fucked up.

I expect it will be resurected as another cafe/club by soemone else soon enough.

hempbar.jpg

LOL. Aussie pigs almost look stupider than american cops!

DAMN! i LOVED the hempbar!!! was a bit hard to get served ur cup of coffee though, damn dave would take ur order, forget and keep playing chess!!!! i will always have fond memorys of that place.

dave cullen is a cool dude. shame to see it happen. but yeah no surprise really.

i dunno teotz they r just earning some cash. everyone hates the police till they need em.

what a prick of a job, being a cop that is. i dont mind em.

thank christ gom doesnt frequent here anymore or hed lay my ass out for saying that!

Edited by incognito

i dunno teotz they r just earning some cash. everyone hates the police till they need em.

what a prick of a job, being a cop that is. i dont mind em.

I'm with you for the most part, I mean some are power happy arseholes, but most are just following orders, and your absolutely right on the fact that they are just earning a buck, and they will be the first guys I call if my house ever gets robbed or I get beaten in the street (badly beaten that is).

The ones I don't like are the power happy ones, and the robocops, by which I mean the ones who absorb a laws book and follow it to the letter, no human judgement or circumstantial consideration.

And from my days of reserve/beach parties by which I mean a bunch of kids getting drunk in a public reserve or on the beach or whatever, I think a lot of the problems with some cops arises because of the kids' initial disrespect, so the cop will just come over to have a word, maybe tell you to keep it down and the kid is immediately a disrespectful smart arse...I mean wouldn't that shit you off? I think I'd lose it after a while, so I think many cops have to be credited for self control (most of the time).

But if you get one who isnt power happy or a robocop, and you approach them as an adult, and talk respectfully and sensibly, they are likely to reason with you. For example, we set up some speakers and decks and a little tarp hut, a bbq and a fire down the beach and had a little party. The cops came down, we had a little chat, they said all was well and so long as no trouble arose we'd be fine to keep going until whenver.

They did come back some hours later because some idiots came down and punched my mate (who was fresh out of hospital after a terrible car crash which rendered him temporarily quite disabled (thank god he's back doing what he loves and is back on track to pro tennis...but thats another story) and started sitting in the beach carpark showing off their car sound systems and doing burn outs and being general idiots at an otherwise peaceful and enjoyable gathering.

So we thought that was fair enough.

But yeh, many cops are ok.

Peace,

Mind

I mean some are power happy arseholes,

i'm sure you mean most are power happy arseholes.

it takes a special kind ov personality to want to be a police officer, mostly dominating.

just following orders

like the Nazis?

they are just earning a buck

just like pimps, arms dealers etc.

they will be the first guys I call if my house ever gets robbed

apart from getting a police report for insurance purposes you'll be wasting your time

or I get beaten in the street (badly beaten that is).

apart from getting a police report for insurance purposes you'll be wasting your time

they picked their side & have chosen to be the strong arm ov the state. Their job has very little to do w/solving crime & is more to do w/imposing their law & order.

fuck the police.

Sorry Nab but I just can't agree with you on that.

To compare the police to the nazi's, pimps and arms dealers is completely wrong.

Actually I disagree with pretty much everything you just said, sorry to say.

I suppose it might just be that we have perhaps had different experiences with police.

Peace,

Mind

To compare the police to the nazi's, pimps and arms dealers is completely wrong.

maybe i didn't explain enough.

i wasn't exactly comparing the police to Nazis & pimps, just your justifications.

ie: "only following orders" was the excuse the Nazis used at the Nuremberg trials, it didn't work for them & it doesn't work for anybody else who tries to hide behind it.

"just earning a buck" doesn't cut it either, because at some point you have to justify how you earn that buck.

there are police who aren't power hungry? :o every cop i've met has always been a complete smartarse, even after i talked to them respectfully (sir!) and tried to explain they were in the wrong.

no cop likes to be wrong.

Edited by misteek