The Corroboree
sharxx101

T.Bridgesii whats your favirote

I was just wondering what is peoples favirote bridgesii.

Edited by sharxx101

I have a feeling discussion of potency is against the rules.

EDIT: Sorry, just realised that is only when discussing vendors.

Edited by ballzac

All clones will be different, depends on how you grow them, for how long and if they cut your hair for free.

bridgies are fast.

Although people know of some of the super-potent clones, most remained untested, or if they've been tested, the data has not been spread through the community.

Well there is no harm in asking and if people dont wanna tell me thats fine. I didnt realise that everyone is so taboo on the topic. I think it will just be down to opinion, It was worth asking anyways it is a forum.

I don't know if there have really been any quantitative studies on these, could be wrong though. Most suggestions are going to be pretty subjective. There is a fair bit of info in previous threads, but might take a lot of trawling though irrelevent posts to find. Still, I think discussing potency too much is a little frowned upon. Most people here like growing these plants and don't want to give the authorities any excuses to tighten the laws.

There was actually a thread a few months ago that you are probably too recent to have seen unfold. People were discussing potency of a particularly popular clone, and it kind of got out of hand and people ended up editing their posts and I think the mod stepped in. So yeah, I think it's a bit of an open wound.

Edited by ballzac

No problem thanks for the advise I have edited my original post

No problem thanks for the advise I have edited my original post

:) I think there'll be a lot of people who are happy to answer that question.

Personally, I think the monstrose variety (penis plant) is by far the most attractive bridgesii around.

I have 2 of the monstrose kind one has little pups while the other has big pups Im not sure why. My favirote would have to be Elieen she is one sexy lady!

Psycho0 is an attractive and popular clone, I think alot of the popularity come from it's attractive form, it's ease of flowering and beautiful flowers, it's readiness to cross pollinate with other Trichos and it's vigorous growth. Definitely worth checking out if you enjoy cultivating columnular cacti.

I really like the 2nd generation bridgesii hybrids sold by Sacred Succulents (U.S.A.)

They're actually breeding Trichocereus cacti in order to get the best clones/strains!

Edited by Teotz'

there is a clone some call "blue form" that is stunning. simply the bluest cactus ive ever seen. there may be a bit of peru in there as spines come 6-7 per areole...as well as having around 8 ribs. but it is bright misty blue, beautiful spines, and tolerant to sun like no other. the sun where im at is real bad right now, all my cacti are getting a bit yellow, except this one...not only has it not gotten yellow at all it is still putting out glaucus growth daily. you can watch the fucker grow too. amazing growth rate.

there is a clone some call "blue form" that is stunning. simply the bluest cactus ive ever seen. there may be a bit of peru in there as spines come 6-7 per areole...as well as having around 8 ribs. but it is bright misty blue, beautiful spines, and tolerant to sun like no other. the sun where im at is real bad right now, all my cacti are getting a bit yellow, except this one...not only has it not gotten yellow at all it is still putting out glaucus growth daily. you can watch the fucker grow too. amazing growth rate.

You cant talk like that and not show pictures :lol:

Sounds like a bridgesii hybrid. Cool stuff, post a pic if you can I wanna see too.

'kai' would have to be my favorite. has the glaucous blue coloring, honey coloured spines, and grows monstrose then reverts back to a 'true' form, then monstrose again, u never know how shes gona grow! will post a pic of my stunner as soon as my computer is fixed.

followed by that is eileen for sure, and i have a cut from foolsbreath (where r u man? hows the new job?) that should prove VERY interesting to say the least.

close behind kai and eileen is 'funkoid' a cut i received from merkaba. at first i thoght id received a choko in the mail! was like a monstrose ball kinda thing, and has since sent up a four sided column, will be interested to see how this seasons growth eventuates.

Thank god its spring is all i can say!!! man winter sucks.

Happy springtime ethnobots!!

edit on the topic of bridgesii, has anyone a spare cut of the 'mum and dad' clone??

happy to trade for one.

Edited by incognito

thats a question only t could answer tst.

i got mine from sab.

beautiful plant. easily the most beautiful cacti in my collection (to my eye).

im interested in what bridgesii YOU have tst! was it u that has the form that grows segmented? or are my wires crossed?

thats peruvianus........you saw the piece t got from ega a few years back?classic!

a couple people took pictures at the time.

met a guy by that name at my first ethnobotanica,heard he was growing bridge .

would like to hear how he [and halfway] are going.had thought of getting in touch recently.

t s t .

i think at that time i was trying to convince t that it wasnt segmented, and that the 'segments' were just pups growing from where it had been propagated from. id sure love to get my hands on a piece of that tst! any chances? happy trade my friend.

there is a clone some call "blue form" that is stunning. simply the bluest cactus ive ever seen

well, have you seen the blue tones of Myrtillocactus geometrizans? I think its bluer than that. Also Stretsonia coryne is quite a blue cactus, especially the new growth...

anyway, daylight, do you mean something that resembles this one?

dscn3344js1.th.jpg

[the front, tall one, the other is a pedro]

I think you know where this comes from, its suits you description, is supposed to be very interesting [swim never yet experimmented with cacti apart from growing them, less than a year into cacti stuff, actually] , it is very fast growing. Well that's the only bridge I got apart from the seedlings I am growing, so I cannot really compare.

Also I did not count the spines/per areole ....

perhaps i should say bluest tricho...but i dont think thats the one, but then again my cut is still kind of in the pup stage...did you get that from DA1234? the spines on mine are wilder and actually look more peruvianoid.

it's from mathew, I thought I read you saying you also got a clone of it in botswap?

i told pandora i got a clone in a botswap thread of mine, but not through botswap

i'll post pics soon...im waiting for my variegated t. peru to plump up before i bust out the camera so i can post em both