The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
t st tantra

leopard on yage!

turned on the teev,just in time to see an adult leopard,eat caapi branches and then roll playfully on its back,much like a normal cat on catnip.imagine if it discovers psycotria!

maybe ancient man saw and copied this behaviour?

this was on weird nature-peculiar potions,the last episode in a series,abc 6.30 sat pm.

apparently i missed,bees getting 'drunk on fermented sap' and lemurs getting 'high on millipedes'.

theres a jaguar add on tv as i type this! :D

t s t .

twas a good show,what made it better was the fact my gnome was tripping heavily on mescaline!!

...hmm it really makes you wonder where the red and the white come from in santa claus` coat....

and the reason why his reindeers were thought to fly..hehe :P

The footage of Fly-agaric's opening was incredible :D

And did anyone notice how quickly, after the Jaguar ate Yage its focus was snapped upwards and it stared there in a dream-like state.

Truly facinating.

:D

pretty good program. actually so good I wish I had it on tape :(

I just loved those pussy cats drooling and frothing all over the catnip. And yeah, when they showed the caapi I knew instantly what it was and couldn't believe my ears when I heard the jaguar consumes it purposefully. The pronunciation was a bit off though.

Ah, and the red and white for santa claus is actually only a few decades old and was the result of a commercial redesign by our friends at Coca Cola. Possibly one of the most successful subliminal advertising/brainwashing portfolios ever!

coca cola/santas coat!!??? are you serious...

....god damn the marketing bastrds.......they go t me agains...

Torsten:

actually so good I wish I had it on tape   :(

You can buy the series from the ABC shop here.

[ 14. July 2003, 11:44: Message edited by: mrwest ]

mr west - thanks. I thought that might be the case. will do.

Piers - well, this 'myth' certainly has the rest of the world fooled... including the louvre and most historians. While the red & white may not be entirely down to coca cola, the rest of the image (happy & fat) certainly is. Also, the article demonstrates just how fluid the design of santa was over the years before coca cola, so at the very least the effect they had was to eliminate competitors that may have sprung from artistic minds in the last 70 years.

To be honest, it doesn't matter much whether coke created it or just appropriated it.... either way, it is quite sickening and a good demonstration what x-mas is REALLY about.

re caapi, i wasn't so quick to identify it, though i recognised it immediately (it is sitting in my bedroom afterall) ..and i definitely wasn't expecting to hear of it in this context...very suprised

yeah..how did they pronounce it? yah-jee or something? and how is it pronounced correctly??

they pronounced it yaa-gee and it should be yaa-hee.

When I was searching for Burrough's "Yage letters" I often got strange looks about my pronunciation and in most cases was corrected that it should be pronounced like 'sage'.

ja that was a good program. what's the deal with the millipedes? i missed that bit...

yep, you're right.

Bug powder dust!

Is this related to the millipede thing?

You know the song,right??

'I'd like to share with you the last taste of the true black meat....the giant brazillian aquatic centipede...'?

Any truth to this hallucinogen?

doh missed it,

let's all ring up and request for repeats

Mescalito

The reference to bug powder dust that the song refers to is that of William Burroughs Naked Lunch , Burroughs was an proponent of many substances and from memory at the time he was living in Tangiers ie Hashish,Opium also has a connection Ginsberg (yage letters)perhaps relates to Yage in some way!

[ 16. July 2003, 18:45: Message edited by: Tripitaka ]

We also learned that the Elephant plant, know as the Amarula Tree, provides the elephants with fermented fruit which gives them a high.

I rememberd this today, ... ex GF brough me a bottle of Amarula liquer once with a simmilar story on the back of the bottle.

The fermentation of the fruit causes it to taste better & produce alcohol.

bug dust powder- burroghs makes a theme ov bug dust powder, i think it crops up in other works like Junkie. definately it was given some status in the Naked Lunch film, which aint bad

& as to the real meaning ov Xmas- it's what YOU make it. any excuse for a celebration, especially on what remains thee most pagan day ov the year.

re bug powder dust

a gnome has collected inchworms from salvia and is continuing to feed them on those leaves.

he could go either of two ways,dry the inchworms or collect and dry their shit.then he assumes grind finely and smoke.

any thoughts?

t s t .

That gnome must have a serious aversion to acetone if he would rather smoke shit.