The Corroboree
JDanger

Drug detection dogs to patrol stations

Police dogs will become the latest weapon in the bid to stamp out anti-social behaviour in Melbourne's central business district.

Dogs will be used at Flinders Street railway station on Friday and Saturday nights to detect drugs as part of a joint operation between the Safe Streets Taskforce and transit police.

Transit police will patrol rail stations from early in the evenings to deal with drunkenness, assaults and other public order offences.

Superintendent Stephen Leane said police were warning the public about the operation this time around, but may not do so in future.

He said police dogs would walk among the crowds through Flinders Street and surrounds searching for people carrying drugs and then police would conduct searches.

"The dogs are passive, they will move in the crowd and they will sit next to the person who they believe is in possession of the drugs," he said.

He said this weekend's operation was not a reflection of the success or failure of the 2am lockout for licensed venues, introduced last month.

"It's a bit early to say in relation to the lockout. We will do a review of the lockout at the end of the three-month trial," he said.

Not that any of you guys are antisocial, violent drunks.

[edit] http://news.smh.com.au/national/drug-detec...80718-3hai.html

Edited by JDanger

Thanks for the article, can you please include a link next time.

Not that any of you guys are antisocial, violent drunks.

assumptive :P

Thanks for the heads up cops, I'll be avoiding Flinders this weekend :P I kid I kid... I'll just use citronella as after shave, lol.

I like how they are practically admitting the 2am lock out will encourage drug use. Why not just let us drink where and when we want? Maybe if cops were not such cunts when we are out drinking then there would be less violence.

Just do your fucking job and quit giving all us people that just want to have fun a hard time.

Gen

Transit police will patrol rail stations from early in the evenings to deal with drunkenness, assaults and other public order offences.

Good to hear, it must be my body language or something but i always attract the drunken/iced up nuts. I think if you're smart enough the dogs wont be a problem. Although loitering near the gates untill the dogs go somewhere else might be.

cheers

Of course, the obvious solution would be to not hang around the station with your stash in tow. :P

Personally, I don't mind an increased police presence at the station, if only to deter bogans. I'm sick and tired of having my public transport experience ruined by amphet-and-booze mixing muppets from the Frankston line fucking around and harassing people.

I heard a group of people around around Nimbin tried to do something about this when they started to bring dogs into MardiGrass,, they got a heap of people to sprinkle ground up stems and seeds all around the main street (as if there wasnt enough already, LOL) :)

I hear one of the best ways to do it is to get the ground up material in a cloth bag and rub it up against the walls and machines and either shake the bag while your walking or sprinkle bits here and there.

If enough people do it it should make the dogs lives' extremely difficult, not that I would ever condone such an idea.

I heard a group of people around around Nimbin tried to do something about this when they started to bring dogs into MardiGrass...

*snip*

I'd have to wonder how effective dogs would be in a place like that to begin with. They'd be like "everything smells like weed... what do I do?" :P

To be really effective, you can just load your local "pot junkies" bong water into a $2 garden sprayer from Woolworths or K-Mart gardening section, then exactly like Andy says, fire away at walls and machines at "dog-nose level".

Spraying on the ground or anywhere exposed to rain and wind will only be effective for a much shorter duration.

Although frankly, after examining the effectiveness rates of sniffer dogs released by the NSW Ombudsman (

hey that's great to hear. wouldn't bong water clog the nozzle pretty quick though? :P

Someone get a tech up

"Effective extraction of bong water for super soaker/waterpistol bow tie applications"

"Effective extraction of bong water for super soaker/waterpistol bow tie applications"

Haha, Funniest image ever!!

Here's the gear if anyones keen for a good ol' fashioned freak out the establishment clown around :bootyshake:

24847.jpg

Drugs seized during police blitz

* July 19, 2008 - 8:51AM

Sixteen people have allegedly been caught carrying drugs in the first night of a police crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Melbourne.

Police say they discovered heroin, cannabis and ecstasy in an operation that concentrated on Flinders Street train station and the surrounding area.

Dogs were used to detect drugs as part of the joint operation between the Safe Streets Taskforce and transit police.

Transit police also patrolled rail stations from early in the evening to deal with drunkenness, assaults and other public order offences.

Another person was arrested on weapons charges and 16 people were given penalty notices for various infringements. Police were not able to confirm how many drug-related charges had been laid.

The operation will continue tonight.

AAP

http://www.theage.com.au/national/drugs-se...80719-3hot.html

Wouldn't it give ya the shits though if you had something on you, well wrapped n washed, and would neverhave been sussed onto at all cept you went n stepped in someone elses bong water n kiffy sprinkles :P

Maybe pipe resin and solvent, applied to doormats n escalators so theres some on every pair of shoes in the place.

Find the intakes for the aircon and light up a bunch of stinky leaf nearby?

Caboolture...peak crossover poinnt between kow kountry n bogan-ville, stands to reason hey. Probably an ideal way to catch all those hardcore operators that can't afford to run a v8 VL commo that basically has a sign across the back reading "local druggie lads but we'll never get pulled over cos we're all fuckin related". Thinkin about it, makes even more sense... after all, only serious movers would be able to afford train fare in brissie these days haha.

Anyone with any sense around there takes the ...back, back, BACK way into town anyways.... not even on google maps, it's that backish. Werewolf country.

Bit unfair though... I mean not all growers n cooks can get highway pursuit vehicles to make deliveries for em, can they now?

But yeah... hassle some trakky daks n whatnot... ignore all the purring audis n beemers driven by ppl of no visible means :rolleyes:

VM

i don't wish to discuss caboolture

deadly ideas at the start of your post though

I saw this post (almost) 2 days too late.. walked through flinders thinking about life, then bang! i was in a george orwell novel.. just made it out with my after work nightcap... Dogs are scary..