The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Genesis

Cops "seize" 500 mill worth of pot in QLD

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id...386&rss=yes

"A raid on a south-west Queensland property has netted up to $500 million worth of marijuana, police say. More than eight tonnes of drying cannabis and 20,000 marijuana plants have been found since police raided the 4,000 acre property, named Kinvarra, at Waroo, near Inglewood on Wednesday."

FUCK ME THATS ALOT OF WEED!

Gen

Well damn... Y'all are gonna be out of bud for awhile!

Or atleast lower amounts/higher prices.

THAT'S ALOTTA FUCKIN' BUD!!!

Edited by Teotz'

in planting forests you calculate about 1000 trees per acre or 4000 shrubs per acre. Pot is somewhere between the two, so I guess about 2500 plants per acre. 20,000 plants would thus be about 8 acres. For suburban folk, that's about 32 house blocks, ie a small subdivision.

My guess is though that a lot of that was probably in the nursery stage, ie trays of seedlings.

Still, 8 tonnes! Fuck! Even if that was wet weight, there is still a good 2 tonnes of dry stuff at the end of it. how do you sell that much in a year..... the mind boggles.

The 1997 Business Report apparently estimated Australia had an illegal cannabis industry worth around $5bn annually. It would be interesting to see how much of a dent this seizure would have on national supply.

Still, 'tis a right pity.

thats a hell of a lot, did any one watch the video on the news site of them burning it, the plants didnt look real good, but by the looks of it it was al about quantity.

I saw a picture of it in the newspaper, it looked like spindly shit, or maybe they just left that bit till last. If you were going to grow that much dope, you'd reckon you'd start with a decent strain to cut down numbers.

They said they only got 6 guys. Don't worry about how they'd sell it all in a year T, the question is how they could MANICURE that much in a year! Thats a lot of dope, far out, glad i'm not a smoker or i think i'd cry!!

A little part of me just died inside. :(

You could thatch a roof or two with that lot!

Lucky we South Aussies seem to be self-sufficient in the weed department. :D

You could thatch a roof or two with that lot!

Now that is a splendid idea. Think of all the homeless people who'd be sheltered from the rain. Burning it all is just plain irresponsible. Typical.

Still, 8 tonnes! Fuck! Even if that was wet weight, there is still a good 2 tonnes of dry stuff at the end of it. how do you sell that much in a year..... the mind boggles.

selling?

its for personnel use... dah!

LOL! I was telling a guy at work today about it and he said the same thing "Personal use, right?".

I didn't think a crop that size was even possible, not only would it be hard as fuck to move with out looking suss but how does one launder 500 million dollars? $9,999 at a time? Haha

Somewhere in that link it said that the cops were tipped off by crime stoppers. It just goes to show that crime doesn't pay... Well its does, 500 mill, just don't tell any one.

Gen

Some pics from the bust.

Its an amazing location.. I guess they just kept getting bigger qand bigger until they got too big and too hot to handle.

queensland-crop.jpg

0,,6124858,00.jpg

0,,6124863,00.jpg

0,,6124860,00.jpg

That is amazing... I wish my backyard looked like that :P

A friend of mines mum recently went to Nepal and she says that pot grows on every street corner and people ignore it like it is a weed...

What a country.

Gen

A friend of mines mum recently went to Nepal and she says that pot grows on every street corner and people ignore it like it is a weed...

What a country.

Very true, the high altitude hash plantations are incredible and yes it grows as a weed nearly everywhere. They never smoke any vegetative matter and is only Charas. I was offered a kilo for $70US :drool2:

The goats love to eat it as well and was a funny spetacle to see the local "farmers" chasing the goats and cursing their herders as they came down across the Tibetan border.

Holy shit, I always thought the big crops would have to be way more covert than that, that is just planted out like they were farming lettuce or something. Thats crazy! Would love to have taken a stroll through that garden...apart from the fact that you'd probably get shot down withing 20 meters.

And it certainly sounds like its time for a nice hazy eyed trip to Nepal ey?

God, I just can't comprehend that it is all just growing like its a legit farming operation.

Pity they got caught, that'll probably impact supply around the country, not too much though.

Peace,

Mind