The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Smiling Cloud

I got me a e-cigarette

I got my electronic cigarette that i ordered from ebay. Man this thing is a really cool invention. I only got it a few hours ago so i'm still getting used to it. The nicotine can be felt instantaneosly and the smoke is like smoking a hookah, except not as thick. Theres 4 flavours (tobacco, mentho, apple and mint), i've tried the apple flavour so far (i assume its apple, tastes like apple flavoured hookah tobacco) At first i felt a little self concious about smoking in places that i'm not supposed to but as there is no nasty smell i am now smoking confidently wherevever i want, that took a whopping 20minutes.

Anyway, if you are a smoker then you should def check this invention out. My only problem with it is that you have to suck pretty hard to get a decent amount of smoke.

Huh, never even knew these existed, looks like a way healthier way to get the nicotine fix if you have that addiction. Beats the hell out of having some of the other nasties like benzo(a)pyrene irreversibly bind to you DNA and give you cancer. How much are the cartridges? Do they work out cheaper than smokes?

Peace,

Mind

$50 for the vapouriser bit and then $2 for 20 cigs, or maybe 15... Prolly cheaper to smoke normal cigs, you won't live as long so you won't be spending money all those extra years. ;b

yeh think thats definitely one of the best selling points "cheaper than buying real cigarettes!" :rolleyes:

I smoke very very little and this appeals greatly because I guess youd be vaporising almost just nicotine?? (bit hopeful maybe)

Health benefits?

Look it up on wiki Conan, it is mostly nicotine and depending on which canisters you buy it looks like there may occassionally be one or two other chemicals thrown in for authenticity lol but they don't contain the nasty carcinogens, the carbon monoxide, the reusidue ('tar') or the hot smoke which cause damage. Think I'll definitely have to recommend it to friends who are smokers.

Peace,

Mind

Edited by MindExpansion

Hahah I recon you could probably knock up a mini vaporizer for hash/mj extract.

Peace,

Mind

how do you get just the cartridges? I hate smoking, but there are other ways ;)

This is an awesome idea. I think I'd feel a bit weird for the first few months though, especially having to charge it :D

You've convinced me to try it though! Please give us a review of what the apple ones are like!

how do you get just the cartridges? I hate smoking, but there are other ways ;)

There is an Australian seller on eBay who sells cartridges.

There is an Australian seller on eBay who sells cartridges.

I saw one that sells the units, plus carts, but none that just sells carts. can you post or pm me the seller please?

You only have to buy the smoking bit once and then you get the cartridges afterwards, otherwise it would be prohibitively expensive.

Here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Cartridges-Mini-Ele...1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't know where to put where the mg amount you want is but you may as well get the strong one because even though it says that each cartridge is eqiv to 15-20 cigs there is no way of knowing when you have finished one ciggy and started another. I felt iwas best to just a few draws every 20mins or so, nicotine levels stay constant.

Inside the cartridge it looks like a filter that is soaked into a bit of sponge which when held downwards must drip it onto the vapouriser part. I think it would be VERY easy to soak that sponge with anything else.

I have to order another one because i was smoking it on the bus and this german girl wanted to get one because she was getting on a 25hour flight the next day so i sold it to her.

If you're a smoker than you should really sheck this out as it is def a viable alternative to smoking and if you're not a smoker you should check it out cause nicotine is sweet.

So you can actually open a cartridge and re-seal it and have it still functional?

Peace,

Mind

The cartride isn't a sealed unit. It looks like a rolly filter that has been soaked in nicotine inside a plastic cover. The cover is open at one end so that when you click it in the nicotine sponge comes in direct contact with the vapouriser bit. You could prolly get a pair of tweezers and pull the inside out, soak it in whatever, click it in and off you go.

Just pulling this old thread up...

How did you guys go with these things? I've just ordered one and am excited about trying it. Been trying to give up the cig's for so long now it's not funny. The reason I want to give up is for my health and those around me... if I can still 'smoke' to some extent though and not be breathing shit breath all over my family and kids that would be fantastic!

How long do they generally last.. as in the whole unit, not the cartridges? Are they sturdy devices or flimsy?

The one I ordered was from egay and appears to be a chinese model... it was the cheapest one I could find - other sites are selling them for way more than the $60 I paid.

Lastly what is the legal status of these products? It's a bit weird that I could buy one on egay - this would mean that anyone could buy one, meaning people under the age of 18?

Anyhow, it would be great to get feedback on how those who have been using them for a while find em.

cheers

I thought E-cigs were illegal to sell in Aus???

In Victoria the actual device seems legal, but the nicotine cartridges have been banned.

Ban on battery-powered 'smokes'

ROBYN GRACE

December 31, 2008

A battery-powered device touted as the "healthy alternative to smoking" has been banned by the State Government.

Health Minister Daniel Andrews today said it would be illegal to sell the nicotine cartridges necessary to use the device.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/ban-on-b...81231-77ko.html

I made a thread about why these are banned a few months ago

E-cig gets banned

They have made some really good e-cigs recently, check out grimmgreen on youtube for a review of many different types. Some of the ones he has don't look like a cig but the amount of vapour he is getting is amazing. He doesn't sell anything, just reviews them.

My only complaint with the e-cig was that i just couldn't get enough vapour. THe newer vapes have fixed this it seems. I wouldn't worry about importing the tobacco juice. They can't really stop you importing the device as it could be used with any alkaloid rick solution you wanted to vapourise. I wouldn't order the vape and the juice/cartridges together though. As customs might just take everything. Best to order them separately.

Another great quit smoking aid is snus. I quit without craving at all. My last packet of durries that i allowed myself when going onto the snus has about 3 smokes missing!!

good luck.

Bummer that they are illegal. Damn! I did order extra cartridges with the package I got, (which was a 'starter pack'). I wonder if it will get through customs. doh!

Thanks for the well wishes on quitting too. I'm going through all kinds of cleaning my act up at the moment, trying to get on a more even keel and have less toxins in my body... tobacco and caffeine are the next in line!

Just looked up snus, this also looks interesting... is it legal in Australia though?

I'm going to try my best not to jump on the tobacco companies conspiracy bandwagon here but it does seem weird that products such as the e-cig are banned while normal old ciggies are still available everywhere... from the limited research i've done on e-cigs it would appear that they are far better for your health than normal cigarettes?

Did the gov ever bother to do any real research into the effects of the e-cig on users health? Or was it just some weird knee-jerk reaction to a new product that would loose them a whole heap of taxes?

Anyhow, I will check out the other thread you mention SC.

Thanks for the info :)

edit: That article is ridiculous and seems to imply that smoking normal cig's doesn't do any of those things... Well, I can't go back on my order now and will just have to hope that my vaporiser cig arrives.

Edited by meanies

sounds like a good idea.

perhaps 200 years in future but why not now?

Tax and control of the national state for taxation.