The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
AndyAmine.

Melbourne Dance Party (Rave) Flyers available for trade

List of Melbourne party flyers available for trade.

(Particularly looking for Plastik @ The Lounge promo material + Hardware 1-4, Bezerk 1/2, Every Picture 1-7, Galaxy, Nebula, Alien, Fruit, Biomechanoid, Sektor3, Pure, Switch/Filter etc)

(list is growing as I sort them out)

Bezerk III 1994

Sven Vath @ the Palace 1994

Emerald Forest (1) @ Golbal Villiage 1994

Panic II @ Global Villiage 1994

Pleazure w DJ Unity NYE 94/95 @ Global Villiage

Pleazure NYE 94/95 @ Global Villiage (Booklet)

Zodiac @ Global Villiage 1995

Science Fiction w Carl Craig/aka:rythim-is-rythim @ The Dome 1995

Rob Gee@Filter 1995

Love Parade @ Metro 1995 (Dr.Motte)

Jungle Mash-up @ Franklin St 1995? (Nice see through projector slide)

Genisis NYE 95/96 @ Global Villiage (poster w photos of old flyers and people)

Carl-Cox + Josh Abrahams @ The Dome 1996

Elevation II @ Golden Gate 1996

Jeremy Healy POW @ Prince of Wales 1996?

Uncle Nuttsy's Club-house Day Rave @ Franklin St 1996?

Central Station Xmas Party 1996?

SnowMax @ Mt.Buller 1998

Rev on Grev II Chappel St Festival 1998?

Halcyon Nights NYE 98/99 @ The Royal Exhibition Buildings (Poster)

Enjoy, Thursdays @ Alcatraz

Chinsese Laundry @ The Dome (Numerous types of passes and flyers)

Edited by AndyAmine.

Awesome! That means I have to dig out my box of flyers.

There is one GV NYE party I went to that I'd really like the flyer for, so can I have dibbs on the following until I can work out which one it is please?

Pleazure w DJ Unity NYE 94/95 @ Global Villiage

Pleazure NYE 94/95 @ Global Villiage (Booklet)

Genisis NYE 95/96 @ Global Villiage (poster w photos of old flyers and people)

Do you have any old Maze or Commerce Club flyers? Also, anything from Sanction or Razor?

Global Village was such a great venue. It reminded me ov so many London venues. The crowd was sometimes quite young, but there never seemed to be any 'attitude'.

i don't have any flyers or such....just reminiscing B)

Torsten, no worries, they are yours.

Incidnelty I have more than one spare so they are still available if anyone else wants in.

Sorry no flyers for those that you mention, Im keen to get some MAZE flyers myself :) I may have some TASTY flyers someplace if I can find them though?

INSPYGHT that would be unreal, I lost my membership and was sssoo pissed.. We may know each other if you were a regular and no doubt we would know a lot of the same crowd... Who can forget grooveyboots playing that sesame street remix as the last track of the night every Friday and Dylan blinding you with the flash of his camera a few times a night or sitting with yer mates on the steps/ledge out the front, LOL

Im thinking about starting up a Plastik group on facebook sometime soon.

IIRC that December 94 Earthcore held in Talangi St Forest was the first one by that name, before then the ECore krew put on outdoor parties under other names, I think one of them was something like nebulous or something.

I have a copy of the flyer if you want a scan?

Let me know if anything on my list interests you plus I have some more Im putting up later.

Of the top of my head amoung the new ones there was 'Age of technology' (T.P.Heckman), Bezerk 4 and 5, Hardware 5 & 6, Every Picture 8/9/10, Eternity Poster, Spiritualist, plus some others

NAB, yes, was good times man, good times.. indeed a very young crowd I was one of them, haha. the global shut down party was a good one and I always loved climbing up on the roof for sunrise. IMHO the smaller warehouse had a better vibe to it than the newer larger one but lining up for the one toilet available was never much fun and they used to run out of water a lot back then, I still remeber accidnetly drinking bore water from the tap on the wall near the toilet.. yuck!

Edited by AndyAmine.

I found some Video clips from early 90's raves on youtube last night which led me to a trip down the internet memory lane. In the process I found a few threads on inthemix where they post old flyers. Here is one of them. It is mostly sydney flyers, but also a few from melbs.

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=133431

I've got some Hardware STICKERS floating around. They were the CJ Bolland ones - not sure which number.

Oh and andy, check this out:

http://www.stillbuggin.com/

there is a travelling exhibition about drugs that is full of fliers from australia raves/doofs.

http://museumvictoria.com.au/Drugs-Social-History

stillbuggin... my god... so many memories... that i cant remember. its good to have a time line. i remember the party names but chronology etc is a bit messed up.

Sweet those stickers sound good, can you remeber roughly what year that was? I think it was Hardware 9 maybe?

Ive got some Hardware Universe NYE stickers too.

Oh and I was just sorting out some more of the flyers at it seems as though the PLEASURE booklets Ive got are for PLEAZURE 2 NYE 95/96

This is interesting footage, its Olvier Leib @ The Palace 1994

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DiAf8EDbAI

Interviews with various older DJ's about thier views on the sceen back then and now etc

http://www2.abc.net.au/arts/soundsliketechno/html/default.asp?segID=31

Archive of old recordings of live sets from the early 90's around Europe

http://www.real-lunatic.com/?page_id=46

Edited by AndyAmine.

I think it was Hardware 9 maybe?

Yeah, whichever one the chicken didn't turn up to. Apparently was too scard of flying and couldn't get on the plane. Fucker! Flew down to melbourne with my whole crew just for him and he didn't bother showing.

Oh and I was just sorting out some more of the flyers at it seems as though the PLEASURE booklets Ive got are for PLEAZURE 2 NYE 95/96

I have no idea what year it was, except it was before 97, and I think it was one of the last parties are GV.

This is interesting footage, its Olvier Leib @ The Palace 1994

[/color] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DiAf8EDbAI

I did the Palace in 90/91, and then probably not till 95 I think. Will do some digging though cos Oliver Lieb would have been one act I would have come to melbourne for.

Drugs must have been good, cos even though I've spent most of the day reading about old skool parties I can only place myself at about 10 that I know the name of. Gotta dig up that box of flyers cos it will surely/hopefully jog my memory.

Just found the stickers. They are hardware 9 - as you suggested. Got 3, so happy to share.

Daniel just asked me if I could ask around for a flyer for his favourite party which was "Out There" at the Essendon airport bar - around about 96/97 ish. I've got photos of the party - mostly from ground level as I was too fucked to get up - but not much else. Not sure how we managed, but they were offering joy flights in a small plane and we got onto one of them. Was so fucked most of the pics I took are of the cockpit and the back of seats :rolleyes:. Daniel just loved Mad Rod and this was one of the parties he played at. I have not been able to find anything about the party online.

So, anyone with any details, pics, flyers etc would be much appreciated.

Also, anyone who has pics from Sundaze at the Pavillion in sydney, please get in touch. I was there every week and could trade pics.

Does anyone know the girl that used to be doorbitch at Maze/Commerce Club in 91 or thereabouts? Bit cuddly and extremely bubbly. She always wore the most freaky clothes cos she owned the clothing label "Wrong" which was sold widely in melbourne scene shops. She smoked a lot. I've got the funniest photo of her and me when I ran into her 6 years later at "Why not watermelon" in sydney [Mad Rod downstairs went off], and I'd like to give her a copy.

Just chatted to one of my old crew and it turns out we definitely went to Oliver Lieb at the Palace :)

Kool, Ill defenitily be into the stickers. good to have memorablilia of such a major fuck up on Hardware and Bollands behalf, LOL..

Ill have a check though my flyers for Out There, it def sounds familiar, I think my brother went to that one.

LOL, you always know its good shit when T' laying on the floor LOL..

You should check out these if you have already, lots of good photos and flyers, no doubt some people you know and Im sure there are some Syd groups if you have a search.

The original Melbourne Shufflers (stompers)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=18662272168

I was a global village wasteoid

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5281...?gid=5281369481

I had a pair of Wrong Shop shorts once, red with yellow stipes down the sides,, LOL,

Also, I spoke wiuth Spiro and he let me know that the first earthcore was indeed in 93' not 94 and was also at toolangi.

Before that they were calling them things like Biomechanoid and Nuebula.

Ill have a check though my flyers for Out There, it def sounds familiar, I think my brother went to that one.

That would be great. Once I get all the pics digitised you can send him the link so he can check if he is in any of the pics.

LOL, you always know its good shit when T' laying on the floor LOL..

You know how cat was always a beige colour? well, one day I decided to recrystallise and make it white. The result was really weak, but had the added bonus of not being stinky [ya know the cat stink?]. So I decided that if 200mg white cat did diddly squat, then the goodies must be in the beige crap. That night on the way to 'out there' I had 70mg of the brown goop [result of the acetone wash. impossible to crystallise as Hcl salt] in the cab just before getting out and it hit me so quick I barely made it in the door of the party. I can't say I truely enjoyed it as it was just so hard and wayyyy too confusing. Like, I get really confused on trips and can't talk and stuff, but don't get that on stims, so that was weird. I've always wanted to work out exactly what that stuff was cos for 70mg of anything non-ring-substituted to fuck me over like that it had to be something very interesting. Laws kinda got in the way of following this up any further. I spent most of that night on the floor. Dancing was not really happening. And the cat stink was as bad as having a whole gram of the stuff at once.

You should check out these if you have already, lots of good photos and flyers, no doubt some people you know

Awesome! Caught up with a couple of folks from those days. Mind you, by that time I was based in sydney, so it was just weekend contacts. These kids were all too young and there just isn't much around for the early years, like 90/91.

I had a pair of Wrong Shop shorts once, red with yellow stipes down the sides,, LOL,

I think most melb ravers had some 'wrong' clothes. Tess used to sell them at Euphemism.

It's funny seeing Krusty in so many old pics and vids ;)