The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
archaicrevivalist

Silicone Gel For Self Healing INjection Ports

Hey all...

Just wondering if there is a certain type of silicone gel i should be buying to use as self healing injection ports? I want to knock some popcorn jars up and need to get these lids happening....

cheers!

doesn't matter too much. I think the last time i did it i used gel for making seals for head gaskets on cars. My theory was that it would be able to stand high heats. Worked a treat but you could probably do it with something cheaper.

Also, remember to put gloop on the inside and outside of your lid covering up any scratches etc. Those are your major rust formation zones.

Also, remember to put gloop on the inside and outside of your lid covering up any scratches etc. Those are your major rust formation zones.

Man I hate rust - some lids that were over a year old actually rusted through... Plastic is the new metal!

http://www.redbacktrading.com.au/index1.html

Just go to the hardware store and look for the tubes that say "100% silicone." If you have any doubt, look at the label under instructions, warnings etc. It'll say 'not for use in areas that exceed 400 deg Fahrenheit' or whatever ya'lls Celcius equivalent is :P Just a poor yank here. Anyway, you know your PC is going over that temp, so you're good. B)