The Corroboree
soundman

jaguars dig DMT - check out video

Yage does not contain DMT. It contains harmaline and other beta carbolines.

cool for cats. anyone see the full film?

Yea I have the full film, this clip is also used by bouncing bear botanicals, the original film is good it shows how other animals like to experience altered states of conciousness, cats eating catnip, bees get drunk, etc. You can get it off me any time you like along with the other ones I mentioned yesterday, like I said I am considering doing documentary film making as a career and have heaps of films on many different topics including ethnobotany, in fact I would say that I probably have all the films ever made on the subject. I just watched the new one from the History Channel called 'Peyote To LSD - A Psychedelic Oddysey' about Schultes, here's a link to the trailer on you tube:

http://video.google.com.au/videosearch?hl=...hedelic+Odyssey

Edited by baphomet

Yage does not contain DMT. It contains harmaline and other beta carbolines.

correct, cheers for heads up.

Maybe jags are loaded up with dmt threshold tripping all the time and when the eat Yage it slows MAO enzymes enough to let the jag trip.. maybe? That dude was tripping for sure

you can get a pretty intense state from just caapi alone. No dmt needed. But it is much more introspective and meditative that way, rather than the plastic entertainment that dmt can provide.

and the foliage of B.Caapi is pretty effective !

Ha ha ha ha that is pretty cool. Glad to see that we are not the only ones that seek out mystical states of mind. Damm makes me want to die and come back as a Jaguar so I can munch on Yage all day and not worry about being sent to jail, or cop social disapproval for wanting to acheive a higher sense of spiritual being. Man Western society really sucks. I wonder how much the jaguar gets out of it besides the cleaning of his digestive system. umm makes me wonder what the jaguar would do if he was tripping hard and you came across him in that altered state of mind. And oh yeah Wade Davis totally rocks. Look for his vids on youtube and listen t him speak. You will see what I mean.

Interesting video, thanks for posting. The story I was told and have read in different places is that the jungle people originally used ayahuasca after seeing jaguars chewing on the vine. After chewing it themselves and finding it helped improve their sight in the dark (for hunting, like the jaguar presumably), they refined their method of ingestion until communication with the plant spirit was initiated. Once they had contacted the queen of the plants she told them which admixture plants to add to the brew and how to cook it. And viola! Ayahuasca shamanism began by observing the jaguar. Creating the phamacologicaly complex ayahuasca brew this way (2 synergistic plants out of hundreds of thousands) seems poetic to me. Nice to see a video along those lines.

Micro

Any jaguars?

No, just squiggly lines.