The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
BlackDragon

The great chilli seed swap thread

Hello all,

I thought it would be good to have a chilli seed swap thread, where people can put up their chilli seed for trade or sale. Im thinking that many plant heads have or had have some nice varieties of chillies throughout their collections.

Lets share! B)

I have the following seed available:

Aji Pineapple

Pasilla bajio

(soon to come: choc jamaican hab and sport)

Im looking for:

Ancho/poblano -gigantea or any var.

Mulato

Jalapenos

New mex etc..

Im offering 20 seed per pack of the above plus free postage for equal trade.

Pm me or better still post up your chilli seed catalogue!

:)

Bd.

Edited by BlackDragon

I have a some seeds of "peter" who's fruit look like pensis. anyone intersted?

Guest Øskorei
I have a some seeds of "peter" who's fruit look like pensis. anyone intersted?

I would be ! The prices on E-Bay are fucking robbery, considering how many seeds one gets from a single plant. Can I swap you for a gram of sceletium ? PM me if interested

I'll take some of those mark and some of yours please DL? hell Ill take anything :wacko:

off the top of my head I have:

2 unknown hot long red types

Cherry Bomb large seed

Texas Birdseye heirloom seed

Bulgarian Carrot heirloom seed

Large and very mild red and yellow unknown cv's

probably have plants available soon...

I'd love to swap your, choc habnereo, aji and pasilio but all i have the peter seeds ( and if you wnat the gram of scetltium.. tell me so i can swap for it...)

Edited by mark80

how long are chilli seeds viable for? ive discovered a bunch sitting in my room that i completely forgot i had

Genki, seed should last around2-3 years tops i think.

Mark80, I shall have the aji, pasilla and choc seeds ripe in around a week to so, the chocs are just changing colour now. Ill post up some pics later in the week. The peters sound fine, i mentioned earlier 20 seed/pack, im quite happy to make smaller numbers for trade if that easier.

Conan same a sabouve, im keen on most of your stock :)

Ill post up here again when the seed are fully ripe.

Thanks everyone,

BD

sweet as, got some latern seeds ripeing as well.

Genki, seed should last around2-3 years tops i think.

hmm, thats would be about how old these seeds are. not sure how viable they are but if anyone wants to give them a go im happy to send them off, just pm me your address. ive got about 20-30 (one lot) of:

matts chilli

birdseye

fresno

numex sunset

jalapeno

if anyone wants to give them a go send me a pm or post here and ill happily send them out to you

hmm, thats would be about how old these seeds are. not sure how viable they are but if anyone wants to give them a go im happy to send them off, just pm me your address. ive got about 20-30 (one lot) of:

matts chilli

birdseye

fresno

numex sunset

jalapeno

if anyone wants to give them a go send me a pm or post here and ill happily send them out to you

Ill take them if they havent been snatched..I will reimburse you with plants if they are viable...

just re-read my post and i forgot a word. i have 20-30 of each of the following varieties, conan your welcome to all the seeds but incase it was unclear there are 100-150 total. if you dont want them all let me know what you do want. also pm me your postal details

hello chilli heads, i have no chillies for trade but if anyone feels like sending me a few varieties, i will send you some money or something else non-chilli oriented of equal value!.. B)

thanks fellers

I guess it is relative to the thread...

Who has a good propagation technique for raising these, or just whack them in...

I got some Bhut Jolokias that i want to put in, but having only ever bought chili plants or got a few seedlings come up in the ground under my chili plants with a lot of neglect i've never properly raised seeds?

I start them in punnets indoors in seasol treated coco coir (canna brand :wub: ) planted around 5-10mm deep, 2-3 seed per little plug, on a heatmat with some type of transparent cover to maintain high humidity such as a comercial seed raising box. Expect germination between 1-4 weeks depending on varitey. Reduce humidity when you feel they are mature enough(2-3 sets usually).

Ive found that tropical varieties such as fatalii, habs and fancy jolokia require high humidity to allow the cotyledons to grow unhindered, fast and lush to split and push away the seedcase effectively. If humidity is too low those cotyledons will grow slowly or shrivel and dry out, reducing the chance of seed shedding, causing failed germination rates to escalate, which isnt a good thing with rare seed :rolleyes:

I use fluro's as a source of light, 2 cool blues to one tri-phosphor tube as a general rule.

Hope that helps.

Genius :)

thanks for that BD, muchly appreciated...

Looks like i'll be planting when i get home :)

Copious amounts of Australian Birdseye chill seeds.

and heaps of thai chilli seeeds.

will trade for intresting seed etc (no chillies though)

Also have some Candle nut seeds, if anyone is intrested, google it. Im am lazy.

peace