The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
PhantomTurkey

Ultimate smoking blend for a good night's sleep...need recommendations.

Looking for an easily obtainable, legal smoking mix that will help me get to sleep.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Currently Mugwort and Damiana are my sleeping herbs of choice but I welcome any useful suggestions people may have.

Hops, passionflower and mugwort would possibly be a good starting point. Mugwort didn't so much make me sleepy as give me really vivid, cinematic dreams. Hops definitely have a good relaxing effect, although I found the smoke a little harsh.

If you want to avoid smoking anything, I find hop tea with a little honey added is quite sedating. Try and grow them yourself if you can - it's really quite easy.

Hops "Hash" (PM for how to make it), Cannabis, and Lactuca virosa (Lettuce Opium), blue lotus works well too (Nelumbo).

try a bowl of ganj with lotus extract.

eat corydalis root. corydalis is best for sleep. salvia nemorosa combined with blue lotus is quite sedating.

Teotz and DayLight, do you not understand the definition of "legal"?

Who smokes a dopaminergic to go to sleep anyway? Nelumbo and Cannabis both falling squarely in this category?

Phantom Turkey, does it have to be a smoke? GABAergic compounds are the most effective at putting you out, and while you can smoke a few of them they are generally less effective (also consider smoking anything increases your heartrate).

Chamomile, lemonbalm, excersize and kava (need a script for kava, not too hard) are what I recommend in order of potency. (You can combine all three)

Sina who cares wat "classification" it falls into. if it puts you on your ass, it puts you on your ass!

mu, especially for daily pot smokers, it doesn't put you on your ass at all? If I smoke before bed it will take me at least an extra 30 minutes to fall asleep?

Most people I've spoken to seem to be the same, pot will only put them to sleep after protracted smoking sessions?

LOL mu.

Who smokes a dopaminergic to go to sleep anyway? Nelumbo and Cannabis both falling squarely in this category?

If i dont smoke i wont sleep so i guess i smoke a dopaminergic to go to sleep.

passive, you are describing the inverse effect where due to long term smoking (dopa depletion) if you don't smoke then the extra dopa in your brain keeps you up. I am the same, but generally don't smoke at least an hour before going to bed? Do you really smoke a couple of cones to knock out?

Its the very last thing i do before i lay down sina and i get up 2 or 3 times during the nite for a hot one aswell.

Its just legal technicalities, as far as im aware, you can walk upto a police officer and tell them your high, but as long as u dont have none on you they cant do nothing.. we are talking sleeping meds, whatever works, works.

damn the constraints of the "man" and their invested interest in pharmos

Now for a little mixture of out many, valerian is never bad at slight sedation, mix it with some kava. Gaba,from experience is pretty ok and a few others mentioned . (not all at once, of course.) try them in afew different small mixes and adjust as needed.

Though they are mostly orally ingested)

Iv also found, that WHEN LEGAL (Good Ol Days) Salvia D in leaf form (no extract), not long before bed was always put me into a nice (not really sedative) mode, but helped clear the mind for a very nice sleep + some nice vivid dreams

And a good indica never hurts nobody. (cept the "government" )

Edited by Jesus On Peyote

Dopamine doesnt help sleep except thru slowing GABA release which in most case is actually detrimental (except where its deplted as sina said)

GABAergics are what u want and most dont smoke well because many of the active sedative constituents are volatile, a warm to is much more relaxing before be than a dirty waterpipe.

Best legals IMO for sleep...

Kava/ lemon balm and/or verbena's/ chamomile

Melatonin/valerain

Withania berrys/Brahmi leaves

Combos for smoking id experimenting with mixtures and combos of...cal poppy, mexican poppy, greater celadine, blue lotus and corydalis for a "its not OPM" type product..

ID expect something with these Papaver type plants would be more powerful than the herbal mixs that contain things like damiana, lions tail, hops, pasionflower, catnip ect..

Also like to add a good S.splendens and Calea can have quite pronounced sedative effects although not long lasting.

And there is also the tropanes if you have a good knowledge they can prove quite helpful with its strong hypnotic effects...

JUST SUGGESTION..careful ey :rolleyes:

if you use tropanes for sleep henbane is the best.

and sina, i knock out on a bowl every single night. always have, even when i was not a daily smoker. sometimes, usually when i had a strong sativa strain, it would keep me up 10-30 mins longer than usual. but for the most part a nice heady cone will knock me into dreamland every night. i keep forgetting it does not work that way for many people, myself and the majority of people i communicate with seem to get a good nights sleep from a bowl.

as we've seen so many times before cannabis again defies classification. what a beauty. :wub:

and apologies for furthering the confusing nomenclature of nymphaea/nelumbo. i was referring to Nymphaea caerulea extract.

Conan Trout, you mentioned corydalis as a part of a smoke blend. is it effective to smoke cory? i recently vaporized a tincture of kratom isolates and analouges, yellow horned poppy, and corydalis. that gave good effect, but id like to know what sort of role cory played, so i can better discern whether the kratom was vaped well.

Edited by DayLight

Whoops, sorry. Skip the Cannabis.

Its the very last thing i do before i lay down sina and i get up 2 or 3 times during the nite for a hot one aswell.

Me too. Except I don't wake up and smoke and then go back to sleep, that's nuts!

Edited by Teotz'

erythrina

i hope u people are not going to get corydalis scheduled as its one of the few useful pain relievers i have!i have noticed no effects except the loss of pain!

t s t .

A couple of shots of whiskey usally helps me. other a nice warm cup of cammoile tea.

try psysically working yourself to the bone youll never be able to get to bed quik enough!!

try psysically working yourself to the bone youll never be able to get to bed quik enough!!

i could not agree more with that!!!!!

erythrina

i hope u people are not going to get corydalis scheduled as its one of the few useful pain relievers i have!i have noticed no effects except the loss of pain!

t s t .

acquire and grow yourself some plants, then you wont have to worry. :wink:

and cory wont get on the radar anytime soon, alone usually the psychoactive effects are not rapturous or anything, its great in combos though. and it seems some people get very strong effects from it. even psychedelic at higher doses.\\

tst, you have not eve noticed sedation? how much root did you use?

Edited by DayLight

Nymphaea caerulea seed tincture will knock you out for the night with no hangover. Soak 250g of seeds in 1 liter of consumable alcohol--the stronger the better--for one month, decant, strain, bottle. Use 1-2 droppers in 1/2 glass of water before retiring. The most I have ever had to use is 3 droppers.

You may experience vivid dreams before waking, upon continued use.

Yup, exercise helps ALOT!

except exercise isnt a smoking blend. good idea though :)

asdad

Edited by Teljkon