The Corroboree
Shroomeup

Mushroom season 2008.

Nice, anyone give any tips to a newbie at wild shroom locations in melb? Like the kind of enviroment? grassy or woodchippy areas? heard they like paddocks with cow dung but im a little far off from country areas.

If u wanna SPOT some actives i recomend northeast melbourrne areas

Wood mulch!!! yes Lomandra logifolia!!! yes Poa labilardii!! yes i think shady spots are the best yielding locations

and stick to man made mulched garden beds

there is only a couple of hints

heres another

"IN THE GROUND FINE- IN THE HAND WRONG"

I often walk the mullum mullum trail (RINGWOOD ROX) :slap: this time of year to get some good spots

Wait for a bit of a wet night though

Wicked photos guys

BYEBYE

Blue Mountains, NSW:

gallery_4120_185_84903.jpg

gallery_4120_185_12984.jpg

gallery_4120_185_26741.jpg

gallery_4120_185_14406.jpg

gallery_4120_185_1182.jpg

BIG patch:

gallery_4120_185_98617.jpg

Two silver UFOs abducting ants:

gallery_4120_185_15070.jpg

Mycena viscidocruenta:

med_gallery_4120_185_89954.jpg

Lactarius deliciosus(?):

med_gallery_4120_185_4241.jpg

Edited by Undergrounder

It's just showing the shroomery logo undergrounder.

Bastards! looks so nice and moist up there.

Dry as a nuns nasty down here atm

Quality pics though. Well done

There you go ballzy..

Yeah shroom its been raining for weeks and will rain for at least another week. Its nice and cold in the mountains but still a bit warm in Sydney. Im amazed at the ones you found, they look really dry - it must be a nice protected area

All I can say is that theyre growing within 4-5 metres from the edge of the yarra. Whether that has given them enough moisture I dont know? Lots of fog but no decent rain for awhile down here.

Holy shit undergrounder! Nice shots!!

A bit of a story here:

A friend of mine took the 2 hour drive up into the Blue mountains, returning a year to date since the last trip to this spot. Eager in anticipation for what the day may yield as the fruits of his labour. Arriving at the densely forrested mountain-top location, he spots a hirecar parked close by and begins to think this is strange. He takes his time, packing his bag and getting his camera ready for what should be an excellent photgraphic oppurtunity.

Within 100 metres of the patch, he encountered a young couple walking the opposite way on the path. He greeted them and continued to walk towards the known spot. When he arrived, all was not well. He found several small pieces of stained-blue caps and several stained blue stalks. It now became apparent to him that he had, by a matter of minutes, missed out on what had been a years anticipation of another find at this location.

All was not lost, as plenty of amazing non-active species of fungi were photographed and he also managed to make, at his count, 109 little, segmented friends (leeches).

Moral of the story: You win some, you lose some :P

post-4273-1208792711_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1208792701_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1208792723_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1208793184_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1208793192_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1208793200_thumb.jpg

Edited by Quelho

I second that. Although I must say that there isn't a whole lot of bluing visible in those pics. Did the camera just not pick it up, or are they not very blue ones?

I see bluing in the first, fourth and seventh photos ballzac?

They are probably pristine enough that no natural bursting has occured on the outside cellular walls.

EDIT: forgot to say, NICE! :)

Edited by Sina

I see bluing in the first, fourth and seventh photos ballzac?

They are probably pristine enough that no natural bursting has occured on the outside cellular walls.

EDIT: forgot to say, NICE! :)

I can't really see much bluing at all. I'm used to ones (mostly) that have an almost green tinge to the whole cap from the blue mixing with the yellowy colour of the cap, even when absolutely pristine. I have seen ones that are more that colour, but they're usually those little ones that don't have spores. I don't think I've ever come across ones that look QUITE like those. In fact, until I took a closer look I thought they (only the second and third pic) were a different species that I've seen around.

thanks guys!

Yeah not much blueing in those ones for some reason, its the first ones i've seen that haven't been obivously blueing in the ground as well. I think they're just pristine. They were next to a small patch of Stroph and another unknown brown mushroom so they jumped out to me as being subs i wasn't too worried about the blueing. I'm sure as they dry the blueing will show up more obviously.

On the big patch (pic 6) you can see the lower right-hand mushrooms are all stained dark purple by all the spores and rain. And yeah in pic 7 you can see the green tinge to the cap edges and the blue stripes on the stems.

Farout man,

I'm getting pretty darn homesick looking at those blue mountains mushies. I remember massive finds up there with subs packed so tight in together that they were lifting the leaf mulch... over a fairly vast area. They are just so beautiful!!

Have to remind myself that the last few days have been fairly epic in the surf and thats why I live where i do...

*** As for the last mushroom you have pictured, yep they are milk caps. Beautiful with garlic and butter and thinly sliced.. must be fresh though. A dead give away for them is that they go green when cut etc.. the youngest ones are the yummiest. I used to live somewhere west of the blue mountains and Autumn would see carloads mainly greeks and italians i think heading into the forests hunting for milk caps... It was really nice to see somehow, but also a bit crap when some would leave styrofoam boxes and shit behind cause they couldn't be bothered carrying their crap out.. anyhow. Yep YUM :) ********

peace

Edited by meanies

Quelho, very nice shots there! (the size of them doesnt do em justice though). Too bad you missed out mate, you got any nearby spots you can suss out?

Holy shit indeed, well done.

Nice finds Undergrounder. :wink:

I second that. Although I must say that there isn't a whole lot of bluing visible in those pics. Did the camera just not pick it up, or are they not very blue ones?

I see a bit of blueing.. But I don't find it unusual for there to not be much before picking.

Nice finds though, good work! :lol:

Yeah most really fresh pristine subs I find don't show much bluing if at all unless disturbed. Once you've seen alot of them you can usually be certain if they're subs or not as soon as you spot them. Even from moving cars on occasion

Edited by Shroomeup

Quelho, could you please make picture number two from your last post a lil larger mate, they look the goods to me.

Yeah I was thinking that also, but looks like theyre growing directly off of a rotten log. Just dosent look normal to me.

But yeah a bigger picture would help a lot.

Edit: fuck im pussed ay cousy bro

Edited by Shroomeup

hehe, they love wood :rolleyes:

post-1464-1208957686_thumb.jpg

that lil fella couldnt even wait for the tree to die.

IMG_0391.JPG

IMG_0391.JPG

hehe, they love wood :rolleyes:

Amen.. though i have a natural fear of all straight-from-woodlovers..

galerin.jpg

be careful, these aren't subs. :puke:

Edited by Undergrounder