The Corroboree
Shroomeup

Mushroom season 2008.

Its that time again. B)

post-3565-1208247173_thumb.jpg

Sorry no habitat shots. Didnt expect them to be there.

Its that time again. B)

Sorry no habitat shots. Didnt expect them to be there.

Wow nice big thick fuckers... :drool2:

P.S. I almost have so many accidents this time of year, i can't help scanning the median strips everywhere i drive...

o.O Nice FAT haul, Shroomeup! Ahh, gives one hope for the new season. :drool2:

But now I need a new keyboard, this one seems to be full of dribble... :P

Edited by E-Type Jaguar

Guest MediSin

woot woot!

It has started this week!

may god bless this land with rain from the heavens aplenty that we may reap its harvest!

went for a hunt yesterday in the eastern suburbs. found an abundance of Agaricus, Corprinus, a variety of boletes and polypores but no sign of subs. last years sites were still looking a little dry but it felt like they are only a decent rainfall or two away

nice one shroomeup ... now can i say the season has started or will people still doubt? :P:lol:

interesting though, there must be a very efficient export market for our newspapers to a country where it is legal to pick the fungal friends! :wink:

yeah genki the coprinus and agaricus are going off at the moment where i've been :)

interesting though, there must be a very efficient export market for our newspapers to a country where it is legal to pick the fungal friends! newimprovedwinkonclear.gif

They weren't picked, they leapt from the ground of their own free will. I guess that proves The Herald Sun is a damn good read! :wink:

They weren't picked, they leapt from the ground of their own free will.

Yeah i've seen that, fruit flies sometimes land on them and pick them up and take them to the newsagency and drop them on random daily newspapers.. Amazing little creatures..

The season sure is upon us! I have been walking in 3 different spots and found only a few decent sized mushrooms, but HOLY CRAP 100's of tiny cute pins poking their heads out of the ground.

It also seems that some other locals here have noticed it is shroom season, on a walk yesterday i came across a new patch for me, only after i picked a few i noticed that it had been marked out with sticks stuck in the ground surrounded by rocks etc, haha sorry buddy!

P.S. I almost have so many accidents this time of year, i can't help scanning the median strips everywhere i drive...

Ahhahahahahah man you are not alone on that one. I haven't bothered to check my usual spots yet as there has been f@#k all rain so far. They usually start coming up around the end of may or a bit later. Depends on how cold it is and how much rain there is. I'll go and have a look next week and bring the camera.

Where my gnome lives he siad it was raining also siad he was going to get out his big dehydrator and get his bag and boots ready to do some serious work when the sun comes out!!

Found two fruitbodies yesterday, got some really nice high resolution shots. Unfortunately my internet died and won't be working till Monday so I can't show them off until then :P

It's been pissing down today and I finish work at 7am so will be checking again on the way home from work, I expect to find several more.

They're beautiful!

spoke to a friend today who lives on the south coast of new south wales that found around 30 subs near his chook pen this week... they're on :) I've asked him if he can take a few pic's next time he's goes and gets his eggs.

peace

Here we go. All fresh shots from 0730ish this morning. NW Syd.

fuck yeah dude,

nice subs :)

Yeah nice.

Hey guys,

if i was to go hunting for some subbies, could anyone recommend what areas/suburbs would be best to look, i live in the eastern suburbs but im happy to travel! i also attend university in blacktown so anywhere around there is also easily accessible, i havn't had much luck in the city area only ever found some Stropharia aurantiaca, which is apparently a good indicator species but no subs :(! any help would be appreciated :D

Just keep looking dude. Once you start seeing them you'll see them everywhere.

Some found east of Melbourne this morning.

post-3565-1208748186_thumb.jpg post-3565-1208747849_thumb.jpg post-3565-1208747918_thumb.jpg post-3565-1208747976_thumb.jpg post-3565-1208747786_thumb.jpg post-3565-1208747667_thumb.jpg

post-3565-1208747667_thumb.jpg

post-3565-1208747786_thumb.jpg

post-3565-1208747849_thumb.jpg

post-3565-1208747918_thumb.jpg

post-3565-1208747976_thumb.jpg

post-3565-1208748186_thumb.jpg

post-3565-1208747667_thumb.jpg

post-3565-1208747786_thumb.jpg

post-3565-1208747849_thumb.jpg

post-3565-1208747918_thumb.jpg

post-3565-1208747976_thumb.jpg

post-3565-1208748186_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shroomeup

excellent shroomeup, top finds given the lack of rain. :)

Yeah, I'm almost amazed that such mature specimens are being found. Although they ARE showing the stress of growing with insufficient water. The next downpour is gonna do it. I haven't been bothered going out looking yet 'cause I'm too busy, but as soon as the water comes you won't be able to stop me.