The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
archaicrevivalist

Nimbin got raided today....

just a quick one.... Hemp Embassy and the museum got raided..... had pig tape all around em on the sidewalk, and shitloads of riot squad pigs that were all pretty big and just looked like stupid fucking statues.

think they took away all the embassy's bongs etc and their laptop.

bastards!

gotta go....

Yeah i heard this on jjj not long ago. Hopefully it wont change the atmosphere or the culture in nimbin. Also i thought bongs were legal to buy?

Yeah i heard this on jjj not long ago. Hopefully it wont change the atmosphere or the culture in nimbin. Also i thought bongs were legal to buy?

bongs have NEVER been legal to sell, buy or possess in NSW. About 10 years ago the cops were given discretionary powers and hence can ignore them if they wish to.

Police were prolly more interested in the pub that adjoins the embassy where alcohol is not allowed :wink:

Nimbin busts 'uncover cash, drugs'

from

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/04/01/2204759.htm

Police have made a number of arrests and allegedly seized cash and drugs after raids at Nimbin on the north coast of New South Wales.

A police spokesman says search warrants were executed on the town's Hemp Embassy and the Hemp Museum in Cullen Street, just after 11:00pm AEDT today.

Richmond Local Area Commander Superintendent Bruce Lyons says the NSW Police Force is taking a tough stance on all drugs.

"Illegal drugs continue to be a blight on our society and the supply of these drugs in the Nimbin area is an issue repeatedly raised by the local community," he said.

"The people of Nimbin do not want any illicit drugs in their town or being offered to their children - notwithstanding the fact that the production, possession and supply of these drugs are crimes."

The raids come a month before Nimbin hosts its Mardi Grass festival, which celebrates the campaign for drug law reform.

Superintendent Lyons says the operation serves as a warning to people planning on attending the festival.

"Police will be at the festival once again this year and fully enforcing all drug laws, as well as targeting antisocial behaviour and other crimes," he said.

"We are here to uphold the law and ensure the safety of local residents and the people attending the event."

bongs have NEVER been legal to sell, buy or possess in NSW. About 10 years ago the cops were given discretionary powers and hence can ignore them if they wish to.

Sorry my bad, i'm not familiar with NSW law. I'm pretty sure they are legal in vic as i've seen them in shops.

Sorry my bad, i'm not familiar with NSW law. I'm pretty sure they are legal in vic as i've seen them in shops.

They are available in shops here just as they are in Vic. Still does not make them legal.

fair enough

"The people of Nimbin do not want any illicit drugs in their town or being offered to their children - notwithstanding the fact that the production, possession and supply of these drugs are crimes."

It's really quite simple, legalize the herb. Nimbins illegal drug problem will vanish over night..

Edited by JD.

It's really quite simple, legalize the herb. Nimbins illegal drug problem will vanish over night..

That's pretty naive thinking imo. Most probably even if cannabis was 100% legal nothing in Nimbin would change, especially not the addicted subset of the populace (meth and heroin I mean).

Nothing would change except the children would go from being offered illegal drugs to being offered legal drugs.. :lol:

I couldn't turn on the tv (when i had one) without being offered alcohol every ad break. I don't see a difference, apart from the obvious, ones legal ones not.

And that subset of meth and smack fiends exist all over the world, not just in nimbin. This will always be the case whether drugs are legal or not.

Edited by JD.