The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
reshroomED

Cactus cleanout

Inspired by Vert's giveaway and gearing towards a relocation, I've three T. pachanoi cuts up for grabs.

All centre-cuts that were taken about 7 months ago. A few metres was taken at the time and unfortunately rot hit a lot of the cuttings. In an attempt to save those left, they were moved indoors and sat ontop of a normally unused gas heater. You can probably guess the rest.

So each of these cuttings has about 25% flesh damage due to rapid dehydration. Looks like something has sucked the life out of the area leaving sered dry skin with no flesh below. Pups have grown in very low-light conditions indoors so are quite pale and may need some acclimatisation to sun and weather

Make good logs, or vertically-plant with uglyside down and away from view.

All from a 15-odd yo plant.

Cuts are:

1. 6" @ 4"dia

2. 8" @ 4"dia with pup the size of a 10c piece

3. 1' @ 4"dia with pup about 1.5" @ 1"dia

To be in the running simply explain why you should receive one, offer open to young and old.

Best three (in my opinion) will cop a cutting (shit, that sounds nasty - shall be sent a cutting), recipients to cover postage.

cheers,

ed

Inspired by Vert's giveaway and gearing towards a relocation, I've three T. pachanoi cuts up for grabs.

All centre-cuts that were taken about 7 months ago. A few metres was taken at the time and unfortunately rot hit a lot of the cuttings. In an attempt to save those left, they were moved indoors and sat ontop of a normally unused gas heater. You can probably guess the rest.

So each of these cuttings has about 25% flesh damage due to rapid dehydration. Looks like something has sucked the life out of the area leaving sered dry skin with no flesh below. Pups have grown in very low-light conditions indoors so are quite pale and may need some acclimatisation to sun and weather

Make good logs, or vertically-plant with uglyside down and away from view.

All from a 15-odd yo plant.

Cuts are:

1. 6" @ 4"dia

2. 8" @ 4"dia with pup the size of a 10c piece

3. 1' @ 4"dia with pup about 1.5" @ 1"dia

To be in the running simply explain why you should receive one, offer open to young and old.

Best three (in my opinion) will cop a cutting (shit, that sounds nasty - shall be sent a cutting), recipients to cover postage.

cheers,

ed

Ok here goes: "Because you can just drop it around the corner to me, saving our eve depleting environment on transport cost, haulage/pollution and injuries to all invloved.." :lol:

My entry, ed...

I am a cactus whore, and have been told by the wife that i need more cacti like a hole in the head. :) I figure that i always need more pedros as i have a heap of seeds germinated, and plant to use the cut as a mother plant to growmore graftable stems for my lophs...

Cheers, either way :) Thanks for the generosity.

Gilligan

Hi Ed,

I would like a chance at recieving one of these cuttings because -

1. I like looking after cactus

2. I like Pedro

3. It's free

4. Postage will be slightly cheaper due to the cut being dehydrated (Unless it is calculated by dimention, in which case I'll still be happy to recieve it).

Cheers for giving.

I'd like one of your pedro cuts so I can increase my pachanoi gene pool for producing healthy seed :)

Cheers ED

***I withdraw my entry not on the grounds that it doenest fit the rules but I simply cant remember writing it (damn the meds theses GPs put u on)

***I withdraw my entry not on the grounds that it doenest fit the rules but I simply cant remember writing it (damn the meds theses GPs put u on)

Mate, I owe you one anyway, so rest assured that next time we cross paths there'll be a big tube in the car.

cheers

ed

Because Adelaide is in the biggest heatwave of all time. The cactus will have a cactogasm in this weather.

...and its my first post!

Because Adelaide is in the biggest heatwave of all time. The cactus will have a cactogasm in this weather.

...and its my first post!

Cheers to that, Fractium! I've lost so many seedlings to this heat! YAY Adelaide and it's ovenesque status!

Anyone need anything dried? :P

I'm always looking for more trichs because my life aim (i'm only 20) is to significantly help increase the quantity and diversity of ethnobotanicals in WA. Also I've never planted a cactus sideways before :P

Allrighty then.

Gilligan, Rahli, and Random Fly, please pm me a name and addy and I'll get back to you.

cheers and thanks for playing

ed

Thanks Ed.

Ed,

Thanks heaps. Grin. My garden thanks you as well :)

No cacti for me thanks Ed, but on another count, thanks for always bailing out the free ethno thread with your spach cuts :blush: