The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Yawning Man

Chill out.

hi everyone

One of my favorite ways to relax when having a few brews or after some "certain substance/herb/fungi" is to kick back with the xbox on and have a little gaming time. A bit of a nerdy anti-social way to relax but that's what works for me. Especially when i have some good tunes playing in the background, something like Air, The Flaming Lips, Tool, Pink Floyd always goes good with gaming. How about you guys, what's your favorite way to relax/come down or whatever?

c'ya

i'm a big fan of doing absolutely shit-all, to be honest. i don't exactly listen to relaxing music so it's not always preferable. i definitely enjoy nothing.

i definitely enjoy nothing.

Haha, so you just sit there in silence looking at the wall?

hmm music for me mostly...and hanging out with my sister :) (sounds gay maybe, i know)

playing with my dogs...what else....i like comedies, but can't maintain my attention span for movies, so i tend to download tv shows so there's no ads - when i'm just veging...generally won't watch anything that doesn't make me laugh

outdoors on a summer's night is good...going off to sleep when it's raining...play piano regardless of my mood, always feel better (except if im trying to learn a piece)

also i like cooking like some people enjoy painting or making quilts :) it's not "arty" but for me, i feel like it's definitely a form of creative expression

Edited by coin

asdf

Edited by Teljkon

For some reason, I've always been down for a walk/hike after consumption of whatever. This used to piss off my friends to no end 'cuz they just wanted to 'chill' :P Now, most often I get my dog, my skateboard, and a tennis ball and head to the park. Good times.

if i want to relax a 6 pack ov beer (it used to be a big bag ov buds, but i don't smoke anymore) & a DVD ov something funny or fantastic---nothing too heavy.

EDIT: burning incense & soaking in a hot tub works wonders too.

Edited by nabraxas

yeah i like to practice tai chi othertimes enjoy a funny film

playing listenign to music

as coin says playing the piano is a good one

sometimes i like to read and othertimes i like to do some weaving or something like that carving etc.

mostly i like to sleep on the couch when i get a chance hehehehe

Organising a bbq and beers with friends - everyone packs the kids, dogs, eskys and we head down to one of Canberra’s many lakes. I like to have lunch, have a few drinks and kick the footy around.

When my friends are not around I like to go on random motorbike rides or head out into the shed to tinker on unfinished projects - :)

I can't believe noones said GARDENING, love to get out & be productive in the garden, love it when our 2 almost 3 yo grabs my hand & has to show me every plant LOL, even just sitting in the prescence of my plants is so relaxing better than valium... almost.

Playing with the kids well that actualy wears me out btu watcing them play is relaxing.

& as has already been said ganja, beer, benzo's, funny movie oh & EB forums ;)

Agreed, what better way to chill than in the garden.

If I've got energy then I'll whack on some headphones and pot up seedlings or whatever.

If no energy then laptop out in the backyard under the shade of our giant qat tree listening to some Hendrix.

FM tennis balls are like sand paper, they can wear dogs teeth down to the marrow at which point they get infected. Thats what my vet says anyway.

My favorites are taking off my shirt and jirating to punjabi music in my garden, reading science books (I'm learning about human drug metabolism right now), or when I dont feel like dancing half naked and cant comprehend 14 syllable words theres always cartoons :)

naruto.jpg

Anytime i want to relax, i hang around with nice girls! Sex kinda helps! I also like playing chess or making Music Beats on the PC. I also love to water my cacti when i´m stressed! It´s one of the best ways to get rid of stress! I also like to just look at my cacti or repot them when i´m in a bad mood! Sometimes i go mushroom hunting to relax! Or i I play piano or guitar! I read books or comics in order to chill! Sometimes i like watching some cheap Trash Horror Movies! bye Eg

I keep warning you about herpes EG :P

Too late, Auxin! Just kidding my friend. Herpes is afraid of me. :lol: I recently escaped during sex when i got the impression that the girl had herpes. Man, i cant describe how pissed she was! She called her father on me. Unnecessary to mention that this raging maniac brought his Shotgun with him to save his daughters honour! I had to leave the house through the window and landed in a thorny shrub! Sex can be VERY dangerous! bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

lol.gif

also i like cooking like some people enjoy painting or making quilts :) it's not "arty" but for me, i feel like it's definitely a form of creative expression

What are you talking about? :huh: Cooking and fabric crafts are definately arts in their own right. Cooking is just painting with flavours, and quilting sculpture with fabrics. :)

To relax i normally read or play some music, also walks in the surrounding paddocks tend to clear one's head. :wink:

Haha, so you just sit there in silence looking at the wall?

yeah. stretch my back, think to myself, or even try not to think. that's where it's at.

you all mentioned great stuff, and i don't wanna sound like a sloth, but none of those are as relaxing as hitting the park brake.

My favorites are taking off my shirt and jirating to punjabi music

Hey Auxin you ever heard ov Daler Mehndi? Bolo Tara Ra Ra

FM tennis balls are like sand paper, they can wear dogs teeth down to the marrow at which point they get infected. Thats what my vet says anyway.

Really?! I never heard that. I guess I'm off to find a more dog friendly alternative. Thanks.

Herpes is afraid of me. Sex can be VERY dangerous! bye Eg

Yeah, last time I saw Herpes, I told her to watch out for EG. She didn't seem to get it at first, but it sounds like she does now :o If you're going into the rain, always wear your raincoat :wink::P

Oh, and shruman's right, gardening is perhaps the best therapy there is.

My favorites are taking off my shirt and jirating to punjabi music in my garden,

ur a sexy,sexy seppo auxin.

relaxing-i like gardening, weeding in particular, erm hangin out wit my lil one (when shes not got the shits anyways), like has been said already-trying not to think, i love visiting nurserys , going for rainforest walks, lately jogging- i find it really meditive(especially along the beach at sunset). slurpin on a hot cup of chai or tulsi.

as far as coming down, i really like guided meditations which u can download(listened through headphones), and whale music/sounds and cups of chai/tulsi.

i wrote something I thought to be funny here... but I dont think it was... surprise, surprise

Edited by XipeTotec