The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
_e_

Circuitree, 'sculptronic habitat' get ur ass here!

(This review represents an ongoing cumulative experience, thus will be updated as the space evolves.)

Arriving from the mid north coast of N.S.W, I wasn’t sure what to expect of Adelaide, or the fringe festival for that matter.

But when I walked in the doors of the habitat I knew I had found something particularly special within the rich cultural milieu that is Adelaide at its most vibrant… I knew I had found home

IMG_3407%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_3516%20(Medium).JPG

The venue for CircuiTree is the ‘Habitat’, once an abandoned church, now the sculptronic habitat; home to the CircuiTree family and their expanding repertoire of world class underground artistic expressionism.

IMG_3654%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_3601%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_3587%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_3523%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_3644%20(Medium).JPG

From the first night I arrived I was taken aback by the amount of energy and love and passion that a core group of local artists have put into this extravaganza. I have also been a little surprised by the lack of local support/attendance for something that in any other city would be easily reaching maximum capacity. (However it does feel the energy is coalescing the closer it gets to the final weekend)

IMG_3534%20(Medium).JPG

At first entering into this space was somewhat of a sensory overload, with the sheer density and diversity of underground art almost daunting at times. However upon familiarizing and integrating into the space there is a feeling of complete acceptance and submergence into what can only be described as a melting pot of world class art in all its diversity and divinity!!!

IMG_3774%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_3471%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_3739%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_3502%20(Medium).JPG

The CircuiTree family has hosted 7 events over the last 3 weekends, with 4 events still scheduled over the next weekend. Rumor has it that if this weekend is successful and the CircuiTree space finds the local/inter state support it needs, there may be the possibility of one last dance over the Easter weekend.

I have had the pleasure of attending the church/habitat for three public events; a performance night on the Thursday (6th), a techno based electronic music night on Friday (14th), and an all-on crazy mish mash of electronic music on the Saturday night (15th) that flowed into the WOMAD afterparty on the 9th.

My first night inside the sculptronic habitat yielded some amazing performance art including; a crazy mother and daughter combo of uv acrobatics and ‘little miss sunshine’ style dancing by dakini violet, snake-charming ;) by kundalini and the serpent queen (collectively merging as a snake goddess), xero space junks cosmic invasion of uv puppetry, and lots more.

IMG_3509%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_3638%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_3618%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_3631%20(Medium).JPG

Having found my feet within the alien matrix of Adelaide, and the spaceship/doof church of the habitat, my Saturday night (hybrid helix) kicked off with a bang with a thoroughly enjoyed and anticipated set by Brisbane based dj and sound engineer Chaotic Eternal/Aum88, who has repeatedly tweaked out the valve powered sound system with a variety of different electronic stylns.

IMG_3721%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_3577%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_3680%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_3483%20(Medium).JPG

My night continued to expand with a huge diversity of local acoustic jamming, performance art and a wide array of dj's playing in two separate rooms/chambers of the church.(which has been the general flow of each evening, with three separate and very diverse spaces for musical/cultural exploration and expression)

From Goanymph and her cracking dark twisted ‘chaos psy’, yeahnah’z wild twisted intergalaktik maelstrom of psyche tweaking mind melding trance-thriving hyperspace, to Dzols luscious body bouncing bliss bomb bass lines (served up tightly with a new fun deep electro sound) im looking forward to hearing more from the electronic underground of Adelaide.

However, of special mention, there are some local artists and d.j’s down here that are wielding sonic sourcery beyond anything I have ever heard/experienced. I’m not going to go into any details (at present) other than to say Adelaide has some special surprises in store for the global underground electronic art movement/culture.

My experience has been continually and exponentially enchanted by the most magickal cultural/artistic phenomena im yet to have the pleasure of being a part of (true fringe/underground). The heart of this space (for me) lies within the interactive and ever evolving art space or organism that is the habitat and the CircuiTree within. There is this overwhelming feeling that you are a part of something very unique and special, as if you have assimilated into a larger constantly evolving socio-cultural organism of communal manifestation.(enter the co-creationism/creator-universe)..

IMG_3561%20(Medium).JPG

This closing weekend (13th-15th) hosts an incomprehensible diversity of sounds and sights, with multiple interstate artists and djs coming to immerse and express themselves, not to mention a staunch line up of local acts all fired up and keen to represent Adelaide, Australia, and a taste of what is to come.

(The quality and diversity of music set for this weekend is mindboggling, from local funk band stylers, to experimental new electro-acoustic synergized instruments, live didg-electro-trance (emDee), to Spoonbill playing live alongside live visual feed mixing)

The habitat is right next to the central bus depot, for any interstaters interested in coming for that once in a lifetime experience.. Adelailiens and fringe-aliens can find the habitat at 100 Grote st.

www.circuitree.org

THE ONLY THING MISSING IS YOU!

IMG_3647%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_3770%20(Medium).JPG

Blessed to be heading up to this space on the weekend, am so pumped about this event/space/ happening. For anyone within 500 miles do make the point of getting there to experience what can not be put in to words.

Thanks so much for the pre-info on this one, mind blowing

:wink:

Wow... that looks pretty amazing. I wish I was near Adelaide at the moment...

Checked this out last night, really amazing space that has been created here. A modern day temple of sorts. Stunning sculpture and artwork and great music to boot, good energy. Big thumbs up to Circuitree, if you are in the area and have a chance definately drop in, you won't be sorry.

Micro