The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Jonny Deformed

E-Petition calling for a referendum on fluoridation

There is currently an E-Petition on the Qld. Parliament website calling for a referendum on fluoridation, put up by Independent Member for Gladston, Liz Cunningham. If you want to sign that petition, please click on http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/view/EPet...spx?PetNum=1007 or copy and paste it into the address bar in your browser and follow the prompts.

Send this to all your Queensland contacts too.

We need to get those numbers up!

Cheers, JD

There is currently an E-Petition on the Qld. Parliament website calling for a referendum on fluoridation, put up by Independent Member for Gladston, Liz Cunningham. If you want to sign that petition, please click on http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/view/EPet...spx?PetNum=1007 or copy and paste it into the address bar in your browser and follow the prompts.

Send this to all your Queensland contacts too.

We need to get those numbers up!

Cheers, JD

so.... are you for or against fluoridation?

personally i'm FOR it. i mean, i'm beyond the age where it has any (possible) beneficial effect, AND, it's toxic. i really feel that toxic substances should enter my water supply, and thus, enter my body, causing undesired side-effects. i feel good about the fact that, while i am denied many options for self-medication, i am also denied the option not to medicate.

there is actually another thread debating the benefits of fluoride, which was running a few months ago. The reason I asked, is because I didnt know JD's stance on the matter... although, I spose I could guess

Yeah Xipe, we actually get anti fluoridation threads here on a cycle, I think it might be lunar related :P

The last one was a ThunderIdeal thread as well (surprise :P), at least this one IS actually news.

if the website says bad url just try again...??

sina - the one i accidentally posted here and requested be moved to chill space?

i guess it's not relevant in nsw, but it's a current issue in QLD. i'm glad that JD has given us some useful links. btw when i emailed one of those mailing lists, one of them actually sent an email back saying my opinion had been noted.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

fair call. i did *think* it was current.

anyway, sign the thing, it's pretty easy but only for queenslanders and liars.

XipeTotec: Against...

If someone wants to ingest fluoride they should seek it out for themselves.

Even if it was proven beyond all reasonable doubt to strengthen teeth, who the frig gives them the right to spike our water.

Why the need for us to swallow it?

Access to free unadulterated water seems like a pretty basic right to me. The chlorine is bad enough.

Has there been any studies into whether or not cacti absorb fluoride.. i mean, when the laws are finally changed and we're allowed to eat them, who wants to eat a pachanoi thats been watered with fluorinated water it's whole life?

How do you regulate your fluoride dosage in that case?

who wants to eat a pachanoi thats been watered with fluorinated water it's whole life?

we could get them from the dentist?

i will be relying on rainwater pretty soon. shouldve been doing for a lot longer than now. i mean chlorine isnt the safest chemical in the world either

geez, who still drinks tap water?!? :scratchhead:

in time we won't be able to afford all this pristine drinking quality water being used for wasteful things like flushing toilets, so might as well get used to it that the days of water that you would want to drink coming out of the tap are pretty well over. I mean, how ridiculous is it to have 100% of your daily water supplied at the quality you only consume about 2% of?

I never cared what they put in tap water cos there is no way I would drink it. In sydney I had several friends who got seriously ill from the tap water in the old Paddington pipes [one of them suffered for several years], in Taree a friend nearly died from hepatitis he got from contaminated town water, and in Byron Bay the water regularly fails microbial tests.

And I don't know anyone who still uses tap water for baby formula.

not everyone has a rainwater tank, and most of the people that DO have new rainwater tanks in brisbane only have them set up for using on the garden, washing the car etc. which i think is silly, if i went to the effort of getting a rainwater tank i'd set up a first-flush system, or a filter, or whatever it is you do, so that i can drink the nice rainwater.

i'm not so sure collected rain water from most inner city suburbs would be ideal for drinking anyway. there's gotta be a decent amount of contamination from atmospheric pollution, and when i think back to my mum's roof i just remember all the times i had to get up there and clear out the nests of mite-infested pigeons and their dead relatives :puke: good times

even where i am now a bit further out where it's nice n leafy, my neighbour tells me he and 'most' others dont drink the rain water up here because of the possum shit. paranoid? could be, i should probably send a sample away just to find out anyway

me too.

neither ;)

i know if i had a rainwater tank, i'd keep my collection surface and gutters fairly clean, and i'd have a first flush, and some kind of big-ass filter. also, underground tanks are much better for stopping microbes.