The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Micromegas

Disturbing Video

Hey guys I'm actually sorry to post this here but this is really disturbing... I tried to watch this video but couldn't get more than a few seconds into it, I can't believe anyone could treat animals in this way, it makes me sick. :puke: I would not open this video if you have children around.

http://www.furisdead.com/feat/ChineseFurFarms/

I wish there was more that we could do to help in these situations. I wish people were not so cold hearted and insensitive.

And yet it is seeing things like this that make me want to be better and more constructive with my time.

Peace,

Micro

hmm Im not entirely convinced that that is how they would do it or at least that thats not how the majority of people would do it. Ever tried to skin an animal? I reckon its hard enough when they are dead. So yeah really to get best money you need to kill the animal first then skin it thus getting the best fur. Best way to kill it would depend on what parts of the animal they used but avoidance of blood letting would be important. I doubt these animals would be wasted once skinned, no doubt the carcuses could be sold even if cheaply.

Im all for animal rights but also believe people have to make a living, if they do it unsustainably then it is they who will suffer in the future.

My brother was/is a taxidermist.

This was done by this "animal rights" organization for funding :angry:

This is the same organization that was caught beating seals to death on camera because they could find no existing seal abuse to report on- the most sick and twisted contingent of animal rights organizations that has even been repeatedly investigated for domestic terrorism in the US over the last 20 years including bombings and arson.

Teo is right, no fur farmer would slaughter his animals like that, its too much damn work and risk for no benefit.

whether or not that is true, there is still some sick shit that happens. i can't give exact details but sometimes animals are basically tortured to death because the adrenalin alters the flavour of the meat. i know that sea turtles in some traditions have their shell removed while they are alive. i am personally fucking disgusted that anybody would kill a sea turtles and i honestly don't give a fuck about whoever has what tradition, it is plain wrong in todays world, but corporations do much worse so i'm not gonna suggest we go around and pick on poor people for their horrendous acts.

i know somebody who used to kill cows at a slaughterhouse and he said there was some sadistic shit that went on there. some adults are just pathetic. it's understandable in children, adults should know better. i can't believe that humans are so callous when it comes to the treatment of our FELLOW animals.

anyway i don't recommend watching them but there are a bunch of PETA videos that are probably on you-tube. footage from slaughterhouses is my guess. probably not the "run of the mill" processes of a slaughterhouse but things do go wrong eg the electric shock or the execution is ineffective. again i don't recommend watching those videos, it could taint your goddamn soul for all i know, but at the same time, i don't see why anyone deserves to be blissfully unaware of where our food comes from. even the production of vegetarian food is pretty bad for this planet, including lots of wild animals, so i'm not saying my shit doesn't stink for a second.

:(

i am personally fucking disgusted that anybody would kill a sea turtles and i honestly don't give a fuck about whoever has what tradition, it is plain wrong in todays world,

:(

not everybody lives in suburban Australia though.

i am personally fucking disgusted that anybody would kill a sea turtles and i honestly don't give a fuck about whoever has what tradition, it is plain wrong in todays world, but corporations do much worse so i'm not gonna suggest we go around and pick on poor people for their horrendous acts.

I'm just getting back from Cape york/Torres strait where turtles are killed commonly, likewise the eggs are a prized catch to. There is a world of difference between up there and down here, up there it is still about survival. I changed whilst there, first weeks fishing was almost all catch and release only keeping what I wanted to eat, by the time I left everything was potential food and you keep what fish you catch cos it will all get eaten.

i can't give exact details but sometimes animals are basically tortured to death because the adrenalin alters the flavour of the meat. i know that sea turtles in some traditions have their shell removed while they are alive.

If you can catch a turtle or any other wild animal without causing it to release adrenaline then your a fucking champ, by the time you have caught most fish or animals they will be loaded with adrenaline. Method of choice for killing turtle or dugong is either bullet or solid wack to the head.

Many animals have been observed torturing or playing with an animal before killing it, our very own fellow animals. Its a dog eat dog world, but your right some people are sadistic and any animal deserves not to be tortured.

yeah some of our fellow animals are sadistic too, predators i think, like felines and orcas.

i follow what you're saying about the adrenalin. however i do remember something about an animal being, i don't know, skinned alive maybe, in order to improve the meat by torturing the animal. i wish i could back it up with some details.

"Method of choice for killing turtle or dugong is either bullet or solid wack to the head."

good but you could still do that after removing it's shell. i just find this act horrific, it's a bit like having your skeleton removed while you're alive.

anyway as a fortunate person in an affluent country i wouldn't dream of insulting people who kill to feed. "corporations do much worse so i'm not gonna suggest we go around and pick on poor people for their horrendous acts."

just saw your post xipe.

i dunno guys. i'm told turtle is tough and tasteless so i'm guessing nobody really eats it unless they have to, or if it's part of some tradition. death is natural but sea turtles are in a bit of trouble due to humans (probably more to do with pollution and shipping than hunting), some species are endangered. if humans are causing the problem, humans need to try their best to alleviate it.

some people are sadistic and any animal deserves not to be tortured.

by the way, it wasn't turtles that were tortured for adrenalin... i think the shell removal is just a traditional preparatory step.

"the turtle's "calipee" is removed for turtle soup. Calipee is cartilage which is literally cut out of the live turtle from among the bones of the bottom shell. Unfortunately for the turtle this means a painful death, as the helpless animal is left struggling on the beach. Other parts of the turtle are sometimes removed like the shell, although it is much too difficult to poach the entire 300 lb. animal. What a waste!"

Adrenaline and cortisone etc. make beef taste bad and changes the texture and colour of the meat, so there is often a 'cow patter' for a lack of better words who's job it is too calm down the animal and stroke/pat it just before it gets a metal bolt through the head.

Ive always thought this must be a very strange and morally challenging job that I certainly couldnt do but I suppose once these people have spent a lot of time on a kill floor I they would become desensitized to it very quickly..

I also saw some footage and pictures of live dog bait for shark fishing by PETA or a similar group where they put a hook thorugh the dogs nose then threw it overboard, I find it hard to believe these were true either but certainly seemed to be real.

Its pretty screwed up way of going about helping these animals but pretty common I guess after all this kind of logic is used in warfair every day.

Edited by AndyAmine.

This was done by this "animal rights" organization for funding

I am not saying this isn't true but I find this hard to believe...

While I did research PETA after seeing this video - and yes, definately they are doing some very questionable things and don't seem to be the most *ethical* wildlife protection agency (for example the euthanasia of 'rescued' animals and very controversial campaigns to raise awareness) - I have to think it's huge leap that they would need to create such brutal footage when there is all sorts of actual animal abuse going on. BTW, PETA have an annual budget of 29 million dollars, so certainly they are good and shocking people into making donations (myself included) but further investigation does seem to reveal a dark side... yet this video is too shocking for me to believe it is a set up (but if you have any evidence of this being the case I would like to know).

Some of the recent footage I have seen of the live sheep trade to the middle east, for example, has a similar amount of heartlessness being shown towards the animals. This footage has appeared in length on ABC recently.

Anyway insensitivity to animals makes me feel disgusted about humanity, if it is PETA staging this then it is as inexcusable as if it were anybody else... perhaps it is about survival, but it is amazing how people can have no ethical considerations about what they are doing, as if animals are merely commodities without feelings.

To be honest I had misgivings after posting this video I am sorry if it offended anyone.

Edited by Micromegas

you gave ample warning. i haven't watched the video.

i too find it hard to believe PETA would stage cruelty in order to get some footage, but it is plausible, if they are less interested in their actual cause than they are in donations.

Regardless if they paid a man to skin a live animal or not, a quick glance at the bigger picture should say it all- any brief reading on their activities show they use anger, hostility, and hate to sell their stance. Cultivating hate and anger will not bring about positive changes in any endeavor.

haha, the TI approach to ocean ecology "nah we can still fit anutha couple runs in the esky" lol. I was 12 before I had any idea of things like "bag limits" and "legal sizing"... anything preggers went back, anything else was dinner.

Course, there's a few lil problems with the "traditional prey/hunting" principles.... being a farflung area, any protein that has to be shipped in costs a lot, ie 6 bucks for a bottle of milk, cheese at twice the price, all that... so people are very much welcome to still knock the odd dugong on the head and chow down... problem is when its "traditionally hunted" in the sense of being herded up by half a dozen 14 foot tinnies with outboards and then drilled with an SKK rifle til you can tow it back to shore... likewise things like turtle meat and eggs whilst theyre "meant" to be just for the "locals", go to a tombstone opening etc and everyone is munching the stuff down...mmm, turtleburgers with satay sauce :drool: Muddies the size of a rubbish bin lid that you just eat the claws off and use the rest as catfood, haha.

totally different planet up that way eh Teo... our own lil Creole "deep south" that not many people know about.

Course all thats probly offset by the sterling efforts of the locals to knock the feral deer and pig out of POW Island etc... might all balance up in the wash.

otherwise, I never cease to be amazed at how offensive many meat eaters find the thought of where their food comes from... im mostly vego, and dont nag people, but I reckon if you cant stomach something on your plate without honestly asking those around you to NOT remind you how it came to be there... maybe you shouldnt be eating it haha.

didnt watch the vid, not into animal cruelty... typically though animals used for skins are kept in raesonably good nick to give a greater amount of intact furs...unless its destine for scrap use like making those twisted little "toy" cat n dogs they sell at flea markets complete with real rat fur.

Where i live has a cattle holding yard for the slaughterhouse the next day... i dont speak Cow, but any mammal can make some sense of their wailings and moanings all night "umm...guys... whats going on?" ..." can anyone see anything?" "i told yez this would happen" "nooooooooo".

VM

Turtle tastes great ay, like steak but different.

It the land time forgot I reckon.

"im mostly vego, and dont nag people"

what's wrong with ya??? nah just kidding

neither do i really, except on forums like this where it might hit home for one or two people.

funny thing is that some people NAG THE FUCK out of me about it :angry:

which is arse about face i reckon.

Animal cruelty is one of those things that really REALLY boils my blood. I can't watch vids of animal cruelty or listen to people talk about instances of it. If I do it flips this psyco switch in my head and I start to grind my teeth and get really aggressive, rage burns me up inside. I litterally can't control it! I just get this overpowering urge to tear the offender apart. In cases where I have seen extreme cruelty, like when that vid of a chinese chick putting her heal through a kittens skull did the rounds, I found myself pacing the floor thinking of ways to inflict extreme pain and agony on such people. :blink: Like I said, psyco switch :unsure:

I hope to god I never come across someone being cruel to an animal as I'll either end up dead or deading that person/s. I would literally not be in control of my actions. :BANGHEAD2::uzi:

Regardless if they paid a man to skin a live animal or not, a quick glance at the bigger picture should say it all- any brief reading on their activities show they use anger, hostility, and hate to sell their stance. Cultivating hate and anger will not bring about positive changes in any endeavor.

Agreed. Their policies are pretty suspect.

Harry I feel much the same way perhaps that is why I posted this.

But 'hate and anger' can't really help the situation unless we channel such emotions in a constructive way.

Bulldozing the Amazon rainforest doesn't make me too happy either...

Then again, I drive a car and buy heavily packaged food.

Whatever the case, we'll get what's coming to us. Pity there has to be so much collateral damage though.

BTW, are these turtles you guys are talking about eating an endangered species? (Not criticising, jusk asking out of interest)

Nah not endangered, they are very prolific. Infact alot of locals eat some of the eggs then incubate the rest and release them.

Incubating the eggs then releasing them increases the initial survival rate significantly, this effects the whole ecosystem, so is it a good thing?

i don't know why you say that. i just looked it up and six out of seven sea turtles are listed as endangered or critically endangered??????

why do you think i was going off my nut in my first paragraph???

:ana:

and i'm just guessing here, but if all turtle egg eaters would eat a portion of the clutch then incubate the rest and increase them, it is almost definitely beneficial for that clutch.

however, hunting sea turtles that have reached full maturity COMPLETELY erases that benefit. initial survival rate doesn't mean shit compared to that.

According to here they are only vulnerable:

http://www.environment.gov.au/coasts/speci...tles/green.html

Its the green turtles they eat most.

it must also be appreciated that hunting of turtles (be that poaching, or legal hunting by indig folk) is the only present INTENTIONAL act of turtle killing.

Hell killing cows for meat is the only real intentional act of cow killing (besides puting down of animals).

Every animal will die so you may aswell kill it and eat it before it does so, ie wait untill old.

Lets keep the turtle stuff in here.

That dued in the video is a Fing amature any pro would strangle the dog coon off in 5 minuts. Teon dying being eaten is never a good thing suck for plants too but thats life Im happy im not lower on the food chaine. This brings up an intresting question what does god Eat??

i just watched that video in entirety. it doesnt look fake in the slightest, it was horrible to watch. i would be surprised if anyone here supported the fur industry let alone owned a fur coat. its unnecessary and clearly unpleasant. im all for killing a rabbit with a bullet to the head and skinning it. but when you turn it into an industry where speed and cost become #1 priority, ethics goes out the window.