The Corroboree
Genesis

Hawaiian baby woodrose, questions...

Recently I have been doing some study on Hawaiian baby woodrose (Argyreia nervosa). I have a few questions regarding the use and effects (Completly out of curiosity, I won't be ingesting any).

A lot of articles I have read about LSA say that it is a non-psychoactive. On the other hand I have read a million articles about the use, effect and extraction of LSA from plants such as Argyreia nervosa, Ipomoea's, and Claviceps fungi. This contradiction has me confused. The LSA in Hawaiian baby woodrose is obviously psychoactive, but what are its effects compared to say LSD or P. cubensis? Are the effects more visual or physical? What are the negative effects (Minus the usual vomiting, cramps, bad trips)? What kind of dosage would one need to take to induce a safe but open-eyed visual trip? Anything one should be aware of before partaking in the use of Baby woodrose recreationally?

It has me wondering if Hawaiian baby woodrose is hyped up some what. If the effects are as great as I have read then surely more people would partake. Cheers in advance, Gen

*Edit* Font sucked, lol

Edited by Genesis

Some researchers suggest LSA is not the psychoactive in HBWR. Do a google and you will find info on that. all I will say on effects is HBWR is a powerful plant.

Yer, googled, that was the first thing I did, lol. Any one have an experience using Baby woodrose?

*Using the search engine* to search for Argyreia found two pages of results with lots of good info, but this thread stands out for your particular questions: http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...yreia&st=25. It's about rivea, but the info you seek is in there as well. You may also want to look at this: http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...showtopic=16048.

there may be some reluctance to admitting to eating HBWR as that would be an illegal act "consuming material containing LSA"

there may be some reluctance to admitting to eating HBWR as that would be an illegal act

That and the fact that a lot of people genuinely havent taken such things (myself included).

Who were they, err, swim, a gnome.. who knows.. I forget..

But they once told me that hbwr is indeed active in it's native form. Very euphoric but quite tame in the psychedelic sense. Perhaps it was their over use of DXM for many years, causing them to forget what a non-ego destroying psychedelia was like..

But 15 hbwr seeds, so they claimed, was at one point beyond the point they could take it, more from the physical sense rather than the mind effects, and the 5 extra they ingested should have remained part of the next experiment. 10 they claim, is just perfect for them. Crazy people.

As they tell it, the euphoria is so good that the word bliss is boring...

gigggidy...

an enemy of an enemy that claims to have put 12 in his mouth but didnt swallow (yeh right!) claims that it is one of the more powerful psyc's his exp and do highly recommend, potency does vary with how fresh the seeds are.

early stages exagerate the beauty of music and later stages leave you in the fetal position looking at the physical world as if youve just landed here for the first time from a distant planet. to dissolve any further would be frightening. but leaves you with a new view of the physical world and your physical self. very very strange.

mind you this was kicked along with a bifta but aparently he didnt inhale either... you can start to see why his my enemy.

"anything one should be aware of before partaking in the use of HBWR recreationaly?"

yes there is, do not take it recreationaly, its not just geometric colors and breathing walls, it has the potential to deconstruct everything you ever new about yourself (temporarily) so take it very seriously at higher doses strap yourself in and when in that space ask as many questions as possible. its a learning exp not a trip. *climbs down off soap box* : )

a very worthwhile exp indeed. 5/5.

enjoy.

Edited by Korky

A Foaf said that between 5 or 10 is a good dosage depending on the strain, after some initial nausea :scratchhead: the rest of the experience is usually funny and euphoric :bootyshake: however not very hallucinagenic. more of a head trip than visual. I told him that Alcohol would break up the alcaloids and destroy the trip but he suggested that a bit of booze helped with the nausea and did not destroy the trip which may suggest that there are other alcaloids afoot. they sell extractions in Amsterdam and in London at Camden market. He bought 100 seeds for 30 dollars which made for quite a cheap experience and after perhaps excessive use started to experience negative side affects. However he was also experimenting with other illegal bits and pieces like absinthe, mescaline, marijuana, extasy and Lsd.

The ony advice I could give to him was that consuming this recreationally in this country was illegal and he stopped! :innocent_n::BANGHEAD2:

Head trip.. i'd say it's a complete head fuck, it'll tear all reason to pieces and leave you confused trying to put together a sentence. For god sakes do this in a private setting if you must. If you and your companions experience a turn for the worst simply change the setting

A big thing in dosage is freshness, old seeds you could eat 20 and get not much but a bad stomach. Fresh seeds 10 is a damn strong dose

and it's not particularly visual at all however the tryptamine brightness is definitely there

The nausea is pretty intense, though on 5 seeds I noticed mild effects of exactly what others have written here. Tryptamine feel (shimmering edges, slightly breathing walls etc.), and the set was awful - a bit drunk, and immediately after ingestion a big argument with the significant other ensued, putting me in a terrible mindset.

That being said, I was reduced to tears at the realisation that everything that happened is as a result of a mirror of my psyche, which came after a few hours of ingestion.

Agreed, very powerful, though also powerfully painful on the stomach, IMO.

Personally I wouldnt be repeating the experience. :)

On other LSA species such as Ipomoea and Rivea, powdered seeds added to chlorine free water and left to soak for 20-30 min in fridge then strained is supposed to isolate the yummies in the water and leave all the nauseating nasties in the strained pulp. Does this work for HBWR seeds? Also isn't it just the outside coating on HBWR seeds that has most of the goodies?

clean the seed by milling em against emselves in a small cloth sack no nausea! rinse em mill again till they are shiny clean too easy!

FOAF told me a story once.

12 seeds scraped with a knife, crushed slightly with pliers (he;s lazy), then well chewed and swallowed.

Everything went smooth, some mild leg cramps, then they kicked in.

Could see/feel people's energy auras.

At the peak for about ten minutes they could see their past and the future at the same time extending from their body, kinda like in Donnie Darko but way more extreme.

Then meditated against the fridge.