The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Teljkon

Sceletium

fghf

Edited by Teljkon

My paper 'Empathogenic Effects of Sceletium tortuosum' (by 'Groot van der Gross') contains some alkaloidal information on S. joubertii and other Sceletium species. You can find it online with a google search.

asdfasdf

Edited by Teljkon

sdfas

Edited by Teljkon

hey, friendly, have you ever experienced halus from sceletium? i have had my best cev's after smoking sceletium resin.

i have never heard of any other reports (apart from the old hottentots stories) of fellow ethnobots, sharing my experience.

i have posted about it years ago and aswell how sceletium seems to stop dmt and salvia divinorum from working.

hey, friendly, have you ever experienced halus from sceletium? i have had my best cev's after smoking sceletium resin.

i have never heard of any other reports (apart from the old hottentots stories) of fellow ethnobots, sharing my experience.

i have posted about it years ago and aswell how sceletium seems to stop dmt and salvia divinorum from working.

mmmm i remeber reading that one..most interesting obviously not jsut simple SSRI action as most think (n I dispute) obviously some sort of agonism and now im think posiibly opiate agonism rather than cannbinol as i first suspected from reading otehr reporst and my own exps...peace n nite for sure this time

Damn, that's the second reply I lost this morning. It was a good one, too. I'm not going to type all that again, though. I clicked 'add reply' but it disappeared.

I made a Sceletium 10x resin extract for another company that was reported to produce CEV and OE halos.

Snorting the finely powdered dust from putting Sceletium in a coffee grinder and whirring it around for a minute is am amazing rush; the strongest and most psychedelic/empathogenic I have ever gotten from Sceletium. This method was responsible for Sceletium getting the nickname 'coca***e's little sister' in the forums several years ago.

If you use only the finest powder, you will not experience much of a nasal problem despite repeated insufflations. However, as with anything else, there comes a point of diminshing returns. Then it is time to stop.

Smoking it with mediocre cannabis improves the quality of the cannabis.

Joubertine is an alkaloid from S. joubertii that has similar effects to mesembrine, but not as strong. I will try to find that information. I could have sworn I put that into the paper, but it was a long time ago.

Last I heard the owner of entheogen.com was still telling people I was the cause of all the evil in the entheogenic community. Imagine that.

In South Africa, Scecletium is used to treat alcoholism.

I wonder if the SSRI propertie of Mesembrine ar responsible for the nullification of S.d and DMT.

Smoking S.d will terminate any and all 2-cb effects as soon as the S.d wears off.

Edited by friendly

the incredible thing with the cev's was, that all the thoughts i had, right away got turned into responsive visuals, comparable with how dream pictures might relate to any subconcious stuff. i remeber even now quite vividly that i was very, very impressed how easy those halus were navigated. the color tone was unique for me aswell, very pastel or tranclucent, or glowing from the inside rainbow like.

another thing i worked out by now is that, the shortness of breath (type of hyperventilating in responce to the fear i felt when i noticed, "a lot is happening" although i expected nothing, and many of us would know how frightening bioessays can get if, instead of the expected nothing, all hell breaks lose) was the beginning of a panic attack, which i managed to stopp after a few seconds, probably because everything suddenly turned so cosy, lovingly and beautyfull.

another thing i have to share is that, i have taken sceletium powder (planthelpers) quite a few times now to help me with my depressed state, and it gave me no ill side effect apart from, cosy warmness, and a litle bit of ear clicking (like when you go up or down a steep hill by car) and increased libido.

however for the first time i tried effexor and a week later citalopram, both gave me after only one single dose, following side effects. total loss of the pleasure centre, inabilety to reach climax, jaw clenching, migrane (citalopram only), insomnia, and the effexor only for the first few hours hyper activety. aswell i experienced 30min where all my, sad and warped thoughts magnified themselfes, without me being able to detach from them as i normaly do.

my moral, sceletium = very good, prescription ssri's = bad.

tortuosum, i guess, it was what we call the ed strain.

good to hear from you, say hello for me for your better halve!

the incredible thing with the cev's was, that all the thoughts i had, right away got turned into responsive visuals, comparable with how dream pictures might relate to any subconcious stuff. i remeber even now quite vividly that i was very, very impressed how easy those halus were navigated. the color tone was unique for me aswell, very pastel or tranclucent, or glowing from the inside rainbow like.

another thing i worked out by now is that, the shortness of breath (type of hyperventilating in responce to the fear i felt when i noticed, "a lot is happening" although i expected nothing, and many of us would know how frightening bioessays can get if, instead of the expected nothing, all hell breaks lose) was the beginning of a panic attack, which i managed to stopp after a few seconds, probably because everything suddenly turned so cosy, lovingly and beautyfull.

another thing i have to share is that, i have taken sceletium powder (planthelpers) quite a few times now to help me with my depressed state, and it gave me no ill side effect apart from, cosy warmness, and a litle bit of ear clicking (like when you go up or down a steep hill by car) and increased libido.

however for the first time i tried effexor and a week later citalopram, both gave me after only one single dose, following side effects. total loss of the pleasure centre, inabilety to reach climax, jaw clenching, migrane (citalopram only), insomnia, and the effexor only for the first few hours hyper activety. aswell i experienced 30min where all my, sad and warped thoughts magnified themselfes, without me being able to detach from them as i normaly do.

my moral, sceletium = very good, prescription ssri's = bad.

BUMP...

Just have to say after playing around with this stuff the last 24hrs, that I have experienced probably the most intense dream like state I can ever recall..Whilst sleeping I could not clearly distinguish wether I was sleeping or if I was awake..does that make sense...? I mean I was so imersed in the content of the dream it was ..well I was there, it was me... and that was what I was doing. The most Extraordinary dreamstate I can ever recall. I was at work in a country town setting up audio for a country act and was even feeling the heat of the summer and enjoyed drinking some cold beer and chatting with the singer who was a blonde woman in her mid 40's. I can also clearly see a couple of locals where taking a dislike to us as outsiders and where getting very drunk and wanting to fight us. Very very unique dream state..I'll be dosing again tonite only this time as a tea with 300-400mg and collect more data hopefully. Yesterdays dose was simply a rollie rolled purely of Scely not powdered but fully dried out after fermentation, prolly about 100mg eyeballed. Interesting stuff.

H.

A tea made with roughly 300 mg of Scely was brewed and sipped over an hr before bed..Over load of histamines is the only way to describe the feeling..sensitive skin and some insomnia from the itchy skin and eyes and tingling in legs..slightly similar to OPI withdrawals ..not pleasant although the heavy dream state did kick in again it was marred by the itchy skin and slight allergic type reaction. I'm done with this and will pass on the remaining powered 5gms or so left.

H.

aswell it sounds like it you used it as a tea or hot water extraction, and allthough i remeber having posted once a thread saying one can use it as a tea, i would say now rather not use it as a tea.

chewing it is now my favorite methode, and one can have say 5 quids over one day, which if you are lucky will make you all cosy and glow once night time arrives.

what sceletium does for you depends aswell a lot on what goes on in your life, i mean if you are not depressed you will not notice some of the effects it can produce.

interesting, can you give any links to this? How do you mean it stops action, in the long run, or during a trip?

Also, did african tribes combine it with leonotis daggas as well? Anyone tried this combo?

Moreover, leaving combos aside, if 50mg of the prepared dried powder is the recommended dose [which seems to be true, as there are enough reports around about kanna being unpleasant in larger doses], then which would be a recommended redose timeline, assuming one would like to have an uplifting euphoric session, maybe have some drinks as well, etc...

It's interesting planthelper also mentions this

i mean if you are not depressed you will not notice some of the effects it can produce

which also makes a lot of sense

Also, you say chewing is you prefered method, does this apply to dry powedered material? fresh one? or freshly fermented material? It seems some tribes skipped the fermentation part, but this is unhealthy no?

i mean if you are not depressed you will not notice some of the effects it can produce..I say this is probably true..

finding a balance with this stuff is tricky but moreover worthwhile for those that are slightly dis functional and somewhat depressed.

I don't think drinking alcohol with it would be such a good idea myself..but then again who am I..I've used trichs for headache and pain relief..fuckin weird ass chemistry in all of us.

H.

about mixing with alcohol:

like hunab said, rather don't do it, i stopped drinking alcohol a while ago, but remeber one or two beers might be ok, but not more. generaly, prescription ssri's are not to be mixed with alcohol, and the same rule ought to apply to sceletium.

i knew an alcoholic who was precribed a ssri and promised he would not get drunk, but than naturaly subcumbed to his urges, anyway only halve his usual ammount of alcohol left him wasted and made him very tierd.

about stopping dmt and salvia from working:

i can't give a link, the site (eccles old ae) does not excist anymore, but i think this claim is valid, elfspice was one of the people reporting this and the other one was myselfe. salvia was still legal at that time.

the effects of mixing those three substances left one very happy, cosy and absolut free of fear. it only stopped the halus from happening, but not those mood improofing side effects connected with dmt and salvia.

about what material:

fermented material made out of fresh and green plant matter.

about the dose and repeat dosing:

sceletium like prescription ssri's has different effects on different people, meaning for some a little bit doe's a lot and other people seem to not get much from it even with much higher doses.

for me, sometimes a medium dose might feel quite strong, but mostly it feels like not enough.

if i would not have had sometimes very nice experiences with sceletium, the other times i tried it a bit could make me say, it's not doing much, so yes a paradox.

if you are depressed and you chew it, one can even feel how the depressed thoughts inside the head suddenly get less painfull, but i believe that at times it can increase the chance of a panik attack right after indegestion.

this is the only negative side effect sceletium shares with prescription ssri's, but this is just my opinon.

once or twice it seemed to me that sceletium gave me increased libido, not only the libido was increased, but foremost aswell the abilety to reach orgasm much, much faster than usual and much more frequently.

one time i watched a doco on e usage in israel, and one of the persons interviewed said she is not using e, but preferes prescription ssris in high doses instead, obviously with the result of a cosy serotonic high, obviously ssri's can give you at times almost e like effects.

the traditional (hottentots) reports of usage say that large ammounts are chewed and the person becomes unconsious to later awake with stories of wonderfull dreams.

its interesting giving sceletium to people,they usually increase their rate of conversation and become very sociable and content.

but ask them about it and they will claim to be unaffected .

at a party a quite inebriated friend was given some sceletium as he made a mix,he was told it was about 5 doses but dumped it all in the mix and it was soon gone.........half an hour later he was sitting in the same place quite happily having a consersation with no one listening.

t s t .

Had it only once, like ten years ago. Today some home made powder from a fellow sab-member arrived. I sniffed three knife pointis of kanna. Fuck, I really underestimated the force. Pretty strong, I'm over stimulated .. The annoying thing is that I thought it'd help me studying, but it only distracts me ...