The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
XipeTotec

JONOS christmas posting clarification

I posted this thread yesterday, as part of an ongoing banter with JONO. http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...c=16840&hl= . apoth quickly added his 2 cents, locking the thread and making it look like I was a real asshole. I sent a couple of PM's requested the thread be unlocked, so that I could explain the situation, as i felt, left as it was, locked, gave the wrong impression (I can only assume apoth was busy) I certainly wasnt slagging of jono, whom I have grown to appreciate (through our mutual shit giving) anyway... it was just a dig at him (in similar context to the Tasmanian scarification post) which has been taken the wrong way. i certainly have no issue with jono, and would have appreciated the chance to clear this up earlier.

Starting a thread just to have a dig at someone makes you look like an asshole, whether the thread was locked or not.

Starting a thread just to have a dig at someone makes you look like an asshole, whether the thread was locked or not.

you look like an asshole for calling someone an asshole when they are clarifying a misunderstanding

you look like an asshole for calling someone an asshole when they are clarifying a misunderstanding

Well I really am an asshole sometimes, but its with the best intentions....

I know what it is like to be misconstrued, I too am not evil but simply misguided.

If you realize that internet people generally interpret what you write in the worst imaginable light possible, it all starts to make sense.

xipe - maybe that will teach you not to make relatively pointless comments about EVERYTHING.

It was only a matter of time before that was going to backfire.

xipe - maybe that will teach you not to make relatively pointless comments about EVERYTHING.

It was only a matter of time before that was going to backfire.

your not really being fair here torsten... my comments are funny,!!! :) also, I dont comment on everything. Me and jono have been having a bit of banter along these lines, and i didnt think this was any worse than anything else we had said to/about each other. Infact, like i said.. i thought peeps would have found it funny, especially jono. Ofcourse, if it wasn't locked, giving it the air of some sort of vicious attack, then so much thought may not have gone into the whole affair. I wouldnt really call it a "backfire", just a misunderstanding, people have them, and, sort through them all the time. And no, torsten, I havnt learnt my lesson. I will continue to my relatively pointless comments, and may even consider upgrading my efforts to comment on EVERYTHING :)

Edited by XipeTotec

don't be so paranoid about "how it made you look"....a lot of people aren't so quick to judge...i couldn't make a conclusion one way or the other, for instance, without knowing the background. this thread would've made you look *better* if you just said jono's a cool guy and your post was just a joke - sorry for any misunderstanding - instead of going on about how it may have made you look bad ;) again, just poking fun - don't worry about it

don't be so paranoid about "how it made you look"....a lot of people aren't so quick to judge...i couldn't make a conclusion one way or the other, for instance, without knowing the background. this thread would've made you look *better* if you just said jono's a cool guy and your post was just a joke - sorry for any misunderstanding - instead of going on about how it may have made you look bad ;) again, just poking fun - don't worry about it

the reason I am pointing out how it makes me look, is that the thread was locked, therefore, not allowing me to clarify the context within the original thread, which I feel left me looking like I was just slagging of jono, which was not my intention at all, I was actually trying to get a bit closer to him by having a shit stir. but, like you have pointed out, this has all just been blown way out of proportion... i dont think I will say anything more about it, as I think I have said all I can. I really just wanted to clear up the misunderstanding. woot

you don't need to say anything else but i think the mod did the right thing. there was nothing to indicate the post was a joke, it seemed like some fairly serious hate and if you have a problem with somebody there are different ways to go about it. hey, i'm still pretty angry about the way that jono addressed me a while ago but it wasn't worth persuing and i can't ultimately interpret what his tone was.

do unto others, eh? that's all you need to know about mutual respect and getting along.

you don't need to say anything else but i think the mod did the right thing. there was nothing to indicate the post was a joke, it seemed like some fairly serious hate and if you have a problem with somebody there are different ways to go about it. hey, i'm still pretty angry about the way that jono addressed me a while ago but it wasn't worth persuing and i can't ultimately interpret what his tone was.

do unto others, eh? that's all you need to know about mutual respect and getting along.

no, u dont understand... i wasnt pissed of at all, i was just shit stirring him in the same way as he does me... i seriously didnt expect it to turn into this... as far as the mod goes, we are all big boys, and jono and myself have been members for quite a while, and are both capable of sorting misunderstandings out without intervention. That said, i understand the mod acting in the way that he has... but this is a community .... so I dont understand why he has been a mute when approached about this.

Edited by XipeTotec

that's what i'm saying -- it hasn't "turned into anything"

I understood it as a joke as well .. i thought the post was kind of funny - it seemed a little too light-hearted to be negative sarcasm ...but i guess it was a bit dubious.

apo is always busy, plus it's a busier time ... don't jump to conclusions ..... you can always let you posts sit for a few days without assuming how everyone else is interpreting them

anyway -- no harm done :) merry X-mas to you :P

Edited by coin

hahaha

I LOVE U SHROOMY!

as a matter of fact i love all of u, without u all and this site ,without the plants, i wouldnt be the person i am today. I seriously love and appreciate yas.

now lets all have one big group hug on this xmas day.

*GROUP HUG*

he has a point tho jono is an asshole?

heheh love u marsha xox

Yeah, I was out and about on the town. Sorry I don't check the forums ten times a day every day to provide you with the realtime action you require :unsure: (hint: you don't need to keep pming me if I don't reply)

No offense but the content of your posts rarely inspires me to check out what you're saying, and thus I had no idea you and jono had some "banter" going on.

Do you want me to unlock the thread?

Yeah, I was out and about on the town. Sorry I don't check the forums ten times a day every day to provide you with the realtime action you require :unsure: (hint: you don't need to keep pming me if I don't reply)

No offense but the content of your posts rarely inspires me to check out what you're saying, and thus I had no idea you and jono had some "banter" going on.

how bout we take a vote on it :P:BANGHEAD2:

nah

sorry, the fact that I checked a couple of times to see if you had been on, to see if you had been able to reply to my PM, and i had seen that you had been logged on a couple of times since receiving my PM's, made me think that you may have been ignoring them. ofcourse, i guess that could be someone else using your account, as I think you live with other community members, but, you know, it isnt unreasonable to assume that it is you logging in.

thats because nothing I could say would entertain your brilliance. its true.... you do come across a bit that way.... ofcourse, i could always just post news articles instead :)

Edited by XipeTotec

you don't need to say anything else but i think the mod did the right thing.

And I think they didn't thus balancing things out a bit :P There's no need to censor people with a little friendly banter. If someone takes something badly then they can approach a mod and say they are unhappy about something.

there was nothing to indicate the post was a joke, it seemed like some fairly serious hate

The smiley face after every sentence suggested that it was meant in a good humoured manner :)

*joins Jono for the group hug*

ofcourse, i could always just post news articles instead :)

*irritating knowing smirk*

And I think they didn't thus balancing things out a bit :P There's no need to censor people with a little friendly banter. If someone takes something badly then they can approach a mod and say they are unhappy about something.

The smiley face after every sentence suggested that it was meant in a good humoured manner :)

Not even smileys can save some people's humor... in fact, after a bit of advice on what I should and shouldn't say (:rolleyes:) from my fellow shaman-meisters, I tried incorporating them into my posts to allay offense as much as possible, but they actually seemed to exacerbate the problem.

I guess some personalities just come across better in person. Well, mine doesn't, I was just guessing that there must be other people like that... I mean statistically, when you take into account all the different personalities in the world and imagine them being funneled into a digital pipeline and processed by a bunch of stupid computers and then interpreted by people who are seem to either be paranoid, have a god complex or are just whacked out on something, there has to be some limitations there, right?

Again, I am not speaking from personal experience, I actually seem like a nicer person on the net than in real life and am more easily understood.

*also joins in the group hug, being careful not to hug apothecary, then quietly backs out as it starts to get a bit gay*

Hahahaha..

XipeTotec I thought the original post was funny as hell, and judging by the way you, and especially jono joke around, dunno how it culda been taken seriously... It reminded me of 1 of those late night TV shows.. "sick of being pushed around by your 35Kg sister?", or raped by your fellow inmates" well the answer is here.. Buy out BowFlexinator5000 and get those girl bashing, ass raping skills youve always deserved and always wanted and all you need to do is......

HAHAHAHA..

PEaCe

edit-damn alcohol making IB look sexy.

when will i ever learn.

Edited by jono

IB as if u would shirk any gay action.

Remember...i have the pics.

i love xipe-we have a sado-masochistic style of relationship, i cant wait to get him dressed up in a tassie-devil costume and hold a lighter to his nads as he snowballs into IB's wanton gaping rectum.

can i say that?

Frankly, I'm surprised that got past the SAB censorship committee, but he may be busy at this hectic time of year.

Either that, or like Xipe, I am lower in the SAB pecking order than Jono.

Well anyway, along with my dinner, that has sure put me off spending New Year's at Jono's.

For the record, if we ever meet face to face, the only thing gaping will be everyone else's mouths (in amazement) as I pick Jono up by the throat (with one glisteningly powerful arm) and crush his windpipe (in a single brutal blow).

Hey, just a thought... imagine if Jono had written something similar about, say Wandjina (not personal, just the only female I know of on these forums)?

No wonder he is single with no friends.

Edited by IllegalBrain

ooh u beast!! :wub: