The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ace

Canberra Meet

Hello All,

Being that we have a few people moving to our little town early in 2008, Watertrade and I have decided it's about time we organised a meet of some sort. Not sure when everyone will be here and settled enough to take an arvo off to meet some online mates, but we were thinking some time in Jan-Feb '08? Probably a BBQ or a good stroll thru the Botanic Gardens (any other ideas welcome) on a nice afternoon to meet up, share some stories and maybe swap some plants/goodies if people want. I might have to start taking some cacti cuttings now... B)

Obviously, being an outing in public, it'd be wise to keep things clean (i.e. dont bring anything that you wouldnt let a copper see :innocent_n:) as we dont want things to go belly-up on the first big meet (and I dont want to get in trouble for someone else's stupidity!). Just a friendly sort of get together to make some friends and put faces to names.

So, if people would like to offer some ideas for dates and places (at this point it'll be the Bot. Gdns.) we should be able to organise something. If people would like to come from further away (such as Sydney/Melbourne/Perth/NZ/Tassie/etc), by all means, come on down/up/over (Harry, you'd better come down too!!) :) Hoping to get a good few people to come, so we'll try to get as many ideas as possible so we can get a good crowd.

That said, let the suggestions begin!

I finally decide to crawl out from under my rock.... if Harry isn't there I will be so pissed.....

I'm busy up until about the first week of Feb. When I come back from Rainbow in Victoria I could easily make my way to Canberra and would love to come if it is at the right time.

Good to have you on board Tarnicus :lol: In that case we will shift things slightly closer to early-mid Feb, unless people would care to suggest otherwise? Ok, so that is 2 and a possible 3rd person so far :)

G'day Ace, I've just moved to this amazing little city of plums and oaks, and I'm loving it! So Bike friendly. And the shrooms...think I found Himematsutake growing wild by the lake.

Any advice on internet providers down here?

Look forward to meeting you.

Hey Canberrans :)

Wow so many ACT Corroborrenas poppin outta the wood work these days. The place felt much more lonely when I was there with only lil ol me, Ace and that hermit WT :P

This meet sounds to good to pass up! Lets see how the dates, work and my financial situation play out. Can't promise anything but I will make it if at all possible. WT surfacing is not something I can pass up :P, besides I gotta make sure Ace is looking after me cacti collection :wink: Be quite something to meet some new faces with familiar avatars as well.

Woo hoo another plane ride!! :lol:

Great stuff worowa! Yeah the ACT isnt too bad a little place - especially with this rainy summer (dead-set, best and greenest the place has been for close to a decade I reckon!). There'd be plenty of fungal action about no doubt - probably no actives till autumn/winter tho (still yet to find any round here).

As for internet providers, sorry mate - not a clue. Harry would probably know more about that (he was always the geekier of the two of us, or at least thats what I'll keep telling myself :P). Perhaps have a search online (that is, if possible) or check the local phone book. I think they are all about as bodgy as each other, so I just use the net at work atm :lol: Hope you can make it to the meet :)

Hazza - that'd be tops if you can make it! No doubt it'd be a bit of a shtfight with work/family/cash/etc, but if you can work something out, I'm sure it'd make things even cooler :) And besides, I cant go meeting WT all on my lonesome - he could be some scary hermit-monster :unsure::P

On a side note, has anyone heard that new tenacious d christmas song? It's hilarious! Might have to score a copy to rock out to on chrissy morning :lol:

Count me in.

Will see if I can rustle up some sceletium cuttings (depending on how things go...)

While I will also be becoming a Canberran in the very near future I can't commit to this one at this stage. I'll be up for the one after though, when I'm nicely settled in your circular city.

Cool - got a few newbs onboard! Sat Feb 9 at the Bot. Gdns. looks ok in my books at this stage. What does the rest of the crew think? Bummer that you wont be making this one Morg - perhaps we will have to talk you into it :P

Bummer that you wont be making this one Morg - perhaps we will have to talk you into it :P

And I'd be receptive to your persuasions if only I had a place settled by that date. Still in Sydney now and want to move sometime in Feb. So if anyone knows of someone who's after a house/flat mate (preferably close-ish to ANU) let me know! :)

awesome guys, look forward to meeting you all. Where bouts in the bot gdns? Hey Morg I'm looking for places at the moment in canberra also.

Edited by SaBReT00tH

I think we'll talk meeting places in PM - would be nice to keep the more specific things slightly quieter, not that I'm paranoid or anything :P

a good day to all :lol:

i would be pleasured to join in ....

ive been in canberra for 2 years now and it would be great to meet up and share in some great company :P

cheers

ps 9 feb is great for me!

Sounds good everyone :)

So, just to put things into perspective, we have:

Ace

Watertrade

Worowa

Mr. Farzz

Sabretooth

Muchomundos

Boundary Breaker (not sure if s/he had committed to coming)

Tarnicus (maybe)

Harry (maybe)

MORG (unlikely)

Anyone else able to make it on the 9th Feb in Canberra? I think this date is good for me at this stage. Anyone prefer a different date? Probably make it some time in the afternoon, provided everyone is able to come. I'll wait and see if anyone else would like to come, then will start talking specifics via PM. Cheers!

Edited by Ace

Ace

Watertrade

Worowa

Mr. Farzz

Sabretooth

Muchomundos

Boundary Breaker (not sure if s/he had committed to coming)

Tarnicus (maybe)

Harry (maybe)

MORG (unlikely)

Anyone else able to make it on the 9th Feb in Canberra? I think this date is good for me at this stage. Anyone prefer a different date? Probably make it some time in the afternoon, provided everyone is able to come. I'll wait and see if anyone else would like to come, then will start talking specifics via PM. Cheers!

Oops, didn't mean to do that quote thing.

Feb 9 sounds fine to me, and I reckon I'll check out the music in the gardens this weekend and maybe next weekend. Anyone else going to these gigs?

I reckon I'll check out the music in the gardens this weekend and maybe next weekend

I didnt realise they had something on? WT and I were just discussing that we might have a quick 'pre-meet' meet, to sus out the gdns and see what is available for the crew to do. I might have to make a mention about this (or if you see this WT, perhaps we might sus it out?). I'll see whats happening and I might get back to you worowa so we can meet up with you too. Any idea what sort of music? I remember last year they had a jazz-type thing that wasnt too bad. Havent heard about anything this year, but I dont often look out for ads or anything...

EDIT: Found some info HERE about concerts in Jan at the Canberra gardens. Might be worth a look if anyone likes jazz/R&B/funk/classical.

Edited by Ace

I reckon I'll check out the music in the gardens this weekend and maybe next weekend

I didnt realise they had something on? WT and I were just discussing that we might have a quick 'pre-meet' meet, to sus out the gdns and see what is available for the crew to do. I might have to make a mention about this (or if you see this WT, perhaps we might sus it out?). I'll see whats happening and I might get back to you worowa so we can meet up with you too. Any idea what sort of music? I remember last year they had a jazz-type thing that wasnt too bad. Havent heard about anything this year, but I dont often look out for ads or anything...

EDIT: Found some info HERE about concerts in Jan at the Canberra gardens. Might be worth a look if anyone likes jazz/R&B/funk/classical.

Hey Guys,

Indeed, count me in. Would hate to miss a grand tour of the Gardens. Good to see this post is up and running again.

Tarnicus (maybe)

Tarnicus (almost definitely and will know closer to the time)

I've also invited another, someone who should be holding a workshop at Get Rooted who should be back home(Canberra) at that stage.

Bumpity bump. So, everyone still keen for the 9th Feb? Can we get any definate confirmations for this point in time? I know I have it scheduled into my book, so I will be there (I'll force myself to be there if there is a few people going :lol:). Still havent got round to PMing everyone - perhaps I'll get off my date and do so early next week. Good to see you should be making it Tarnicus. Feel free to bring close friends/family with an open mind. I think I'll probably be on my lonesome for this meet, but will see closer to time. Did we want to organise a BBQ or are people happy enough just having a wander about the place? I am happy to provide some snags/bread/salad if people are interested. I will have to confirm if there are indeed BBQs onsite - I will check soon. If there are none, it would be easy enough to pack a picnic or something.

Anyway, lets see who is definate and who is likely/unlikely to make the event.

I'll say no to this one but see you at the next. I'm still not officially a Canberran.