The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
occidentalis

The Howard years are over.

I bet Kev doesn't mind sneaking a sly :bong: one at the family BBQ when no one is looking.

I suspect he may also be a closet shroomer :shroomer:

I bet Kev doesn't mind sneaking a sly :bong: one at the family BBQ when no one is looking.

I suspect he may also be a closet shroomer :shroomer:

$10 says he doesn't

im watching his speech on tv now and i cant help but feel a little sorry for him, he looks quite sad.

$10 says he doesn't

ditto.

we're stuck with him now, no point projecting illusions of him being super cool or anything. He's a tool like the rest of them. and he eats his own earwax!! eew!

getting rid of Howard was just the first step. now we need to get rid of Rudd so that we can get our first female PM.

getting rid of Howard was just the first step. now we need to get rid of Rudd so that we can get our first female PM.

i thought rudd was the 1st female pm....

Or so we can get our first ROCKSTAR PM!

Peter Garrett has his eyes on the prize Baby! Because afterall, "How can we sleep while our beds are burning?", "Who's gonna save me?" and "It's our country Right or Wrong!"

BLOODY OATH!!!!!

Edited by mountain sage

Wondering why we NEED a female PM? I know it'd be all groovy n modern n whatnot, but what makes ya think any woman with that kind of ego trip in progress will be any better, more enlightened etc than the male equivalent? I mean don't get me wrong, there's been some lovely female PM's around the world...Thatcher, Clarke... oh, wait. Maybe some of the first ladies are better candidates, such as Winnie Mandela or Cherie Blair... oh, sorry. I'll get back to yez on that. Anyrate, I don't want Gillard running the country, I've yet to see her ANSWER A QUESTION directly, and yet to see her do much of anything other than stand there and smirk about how gosh darn enlightened we all are. I used to work in state gov. aboriginal affairs, the place was lousy with ppl like that... the only thing red about em is the Shiraz, they'll dog out on the nearest "worker" as soon as it suits their purposes.

I think "reverse" sexism is just as stupid as "normal" sexism, to be honest. We live in an age of equality, where women are free to be as power hungry,soulless, greedy and egoTestical as any man... thanks be to St.Greer.

Anyone that honestly thinks they can RUN THE COUNTRY would have to be deranged by default, I reckon, and if they didn't start that way - they'd soon end up that way.

Maybe a female PM that actually seems female might be the ticket, rather than a masculine domineering moneygrubber that just happens to have a uterus somewhere int her eunder the shoulder pads and sombre suits. Someone that can be a powerful assertive Woman rather than a facsimile of the Top Ten Male Tyrants of the last hundred years.

What we really need is a Real Person to run the place, not some graduate of the Best Schools, of the Right Breeding... maybe someone that looks as if they would know how to actually change a tire, fix a leaky tap, or find their arse with both hands and a referdex. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the Better Classes, as long as they keep it between themselves ....and lets face it, they've been known to do a bit of that over the last few thousand years haha.

I want a PM that looks Australian, not British. Might be too much to ask, we could just make Kevin sleep in a solarium and work in the dirt for a few months, might balance him out some... I voted for him, but I still feel like slapping the man. Says something. I couldn't wait to see the look on howards face, but knew all along it'd be tempered by the smug bastard grin on Kev's well polished head.

How anyone can run anything when you spend half your waking hours being groomed I'm not sure either. Though at least kevs makeup crew do a better blend into his real tone than howards, poor johnny was startin to look like a clown of late.

They're all fucksticks.

VM

I think "reverse" sexism is just as stupid as "normal" sexism, to be honest. We live in an age of equality, where women are free to be as power hungry,soulless, greedy and egoTestical as any man... thanks be to St.Greer.

Fuck yeah, just look at Condaleeeza Rice burner, i dont care about the spelling cause i have no respect for the thing, anyone that is happy in the presence of GWBush deserves a bullet. She is one evil fucker, just look at her. Seriously, she looks and acts like a negro, sorry, black, sorry, african american chick that was raised by the grand wizard of the KKK and has the attitude to match. Nah im not racist, i just use alot of outdated adjectives. :P

Yes i do judge most books by the cover, if it looks shit and sounds shit it prolly is shit. I dont have time to dig beneath the surface.

Women generally have other priorities than men and it would be nice to see some of these in government. It would be nicer if she'd actually had kids, but then she'd probably not be where she is now.

It's not so much that I want just ANY woman to be PM. For years I lived in fear that the first female PM might be Bronwyn Bishop, but luckily she fucked her career over some farmer scandal pretty early on. I think even Thatcher would be scared of her.

No, I am looking for a pragmatic left wing labour woman. Australia is a rich country and if we are to stop going the miserable way that other rich countries have gone then we need to catch up on our social equality. Only a left wing or 'third way' person can do that and I think if it is to be done properly I think it needs a woman's touch. Unless of course the government was to need a coalition with the greens, in which case it wouldn't matter if it is a woman or a man.

Not that I like most left wing policies, but there are some essentials.

Yes, this is sexist, but so is the australian parliament and for that matter australian society. I think it is ludicrous to suggest that we have an equal society. Just look at how many women nominate for candidacy and how many actually get elected! In a truly equal society you would have equal number of applicants, equal number of candidates and equal number of MPs. Just because the law demands equality doesn't mean society has embraced it. Wake up!

I think even Thatcher would be scared of her.

I doubt the Iron lady was or would be scared of anyone let alone lil Bronnie. Maggie was NEVER wrong in her own reflection.

I think it needs a woman's touch.

maybe you need a womans touch :P.

"Wondering why we NEED a female PM?"

So when they're dribbling on about their bullshit we can still look at their TITS! j/k

I think the first thing we should do is leave the monarchy & never have a stupid PM again.

Then yeah let the Women, Kooris, Gays, Handicaps & even Rockstars battle it out for elected leader.

and he eats his own earwax!! eew!

Hey, each to his own. Who are we to judge the man, personally I'm happy to see he has some kind of human quirks- proves he really has a buit more substance than the PR company cardboard cutout image he projects so well...

Or maybe he really is a vampire and that's not earwax but reserves of clotted blood. Who knows?

Just because the law demands equality doesn't mean society has embraced it. Wake up!

if you think females are treated equally, just watch television after 11PM....or channel ten at any time of day for that matter.

HOT LESBIAN ACTION anyone??? fucking commercial television.

Just because the law demands equality doesn't mean society has embraced it. Wake up!

if you think females are treated equally, just watch television after 11PM....or channel ten at any time of day for that matter.

HOT LESBIAN ACTION anyone??? fucking commercial television.

his dancing is awsome though :P

Theres a clip of peter costelo *spell impersonating his dancing lol

I'm happy to see he has some kind of human quirks- proves he really has a buit more substance than the PR company cardboard cutout image he projects so well.

no he doesnt... if he had any less substance, bill murry and co would be capturing him.

Edited by XipeTotec

He's got substance. Just you wait and see. He is going to remould the ALP in his own graven image. He might be an evil little bastard but the man does have a towering intellect, once all the PR side of business is done with we will start to see the real Rudd and his real agenda. You have to remember, this is a man who was anointed by Rupert 'The Kingmaker' Murdoch in NY earlier oon in the year- you only had to listen to Rudd's press conference today (and Howards concession last night) when he refused to go into details about the private nature of their phone conversation last night, where both made note of the neat 'arrangement' we have for transfering power in this country. Yeah, very neat indeed. Every political leader worth his salt knows what happens if you don't tow the line (think the CIA-backed coup against the Whitlam government). As long as the nright interests are being represented then it doesn't matter which party is in power, just as long as the veneer of democracy remains. Really, we're no freer in that sense than communist Russia- we have one party, the business party, and we get to vote for diferent factions of that one party. Just like Russians used to vote for different factions of the communist party.

i HATE Peter Garrett

I SECOND THAT OPINION, PETER GARRAT FITS IN AS A PERFECT POLITICIAN IN THAT HE IS A JOKE OF A HUMAN BEING! WAY TO SELL OUT YOUR BELIEFS AND YOUR SOUL MR GARRETT

his dancing is awsome though :P

Theres a clip of peter costelo *spell impersonating his dancing lol

I have to see that, what a fucking wanker, seriously if thats meant to be funny, making fun of a handicapped persons dance impediments. how low costello... how low?

no he doesnt... if he had any less substance, bill murry and co would be capturing him.

dudm tsss...

I propose a NEEDED emoticons thread, cuz we NEED a druming monkey to punctuate jokes.

it all dont really mean shit in the end.......

Singapore owns you.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahaha

haaaaaa

fuck.

I look forward to the day that men burn their silk ties at a huge rally downtown. I too am a proponent of woman equality, that's why I wouldn't offer my seat to them in a bus or let them through a door first... equality means equality.... (and yes, I am that petty) :D

As far as having a female PM goes, I'm all for it, there's no coincidence that Australia hasn't had a female PM yet, the public perceive them as not being able to lead as effectively (which is BS, but unfortunately, they're not seen as viable leaders capable of winning an election currently)

Kinda sad when America of all places have states that have (fleetingly) recognised same sex marriage, and female candidates with promising signs of leading the country.

hey

weren't we the first country to let women vote? in victoria, anyways. the world pretty much followed suit, or am i mistaken?

i agree that australia is sexist, but we're not the worst. gillard might be our next pm? she seems to be well liked.

hey

weren't we the first country to let women vote? in victoria, anyways. the world pretty much followed suit, or am i mistaken?

i agree that australia is sexist, but we're not the worst. gillard might be our next pm? she seems to be well liked.

Not quite, South Australia was first but (I think it was) New Zealand that beat us to the mark in terms of nation-state's