The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tripp'n

Whats eating my Pach and stuff?.

Hi all,

Went out to check on my plants this morning only to notice the tip missing off one of my Brugs, I wouldn't be so worried if it had more than three sets of leaves.

On closer inspection i noticed a small whole in a Pach, When i looked closely, I noticed that inside it is the size of a marble.

I only found one small snail on the underside of the rim of the pot.

I guess it was snails that have eaten my brugs tips and a few other seedlings, But would the snails be eating my cacti?.

Not bad considering when i first noticed the snail problem i used heaps of snail bait, After using snail bait it seems as though the probem is getting worse, And whats even worse is, I've got my seedlings on a table with the legs in containers of water, The snails must have grew a brain with all the bait they were eating.

Guest DragonFyre

have you tried the ol' beer trick with yours snails?

I think the beer trick might work great, But, I'm not allowed to bring alcahol into my own home, I'll get in trouble, I dont think the beer would make it, It would get consumed by me and then the shit would hit the fan. And if i didn't drink it, My bloody dogs would dig it up and drink it.lol.

I think i might have to give it a go though, Cant think of anything else.

i think snail bait can actually attract snails and slugs so you place small amounts where they live,dark moist places,and on the ground between plants.

hope that may help,would have thought your table was safe though.

t s t .

The salt trick should do it then.... at least for the seedlinds on the table.

diatomaceous earth (pool filter stuff from k-mart) is made up of tiny sceletons that are razorsharp to snails. The slimy critters literally get sliced up as they head for your plants. Totally non-toxic and not dangerous for any other pet or native. Sprinkle liberally around plants. works 100%.