The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
FungalFractoids

What a 'croc' of shit!

" now they're nocturnal... that means they eat, hunt, and sleep at night..."

One of the lines I caught from one of Irwin's documentaries.

Does anyone have access to any of the papers that Irwin wrote? I tried to search for him at science direct and on google scholar, but there was too much shit to sift through.

although, searching for crocodile and Irwin at science direct revealed nothing.

-bumpy

some peoples are for the saying and the writing, others are for the doing. steve was obviously a doer.

its not always the 'intelectual' people who make a difference. define intelligence anyways.

i mean im not sayin hewas a god, he was only human, i guess im just trying to say there are worse people around, and kicking this poor dead guy in the balls. fuck it i give up. !!! u have got he best of me irwin denouncers!! it requires alot of energy to defend u steve. im buggered. i think i need a councillor.

however, the whole bindi thing, i dunno. if she wanted to keep performing would u stop her as a parent? maybee .....whos to say?

i agree it seems a little messed up, but shit its not half a privilidged life ay?

im sure some starving somalian kid would swap pretty darn quickly?

sure she may get meesed up later on re. not being able to deal with grief , but which of us havent? or are?

her mum seems rock solid? shes very lucky?

i think u can see pretty much whatever u want to see in this. a good bit of projection-alisis.

i really hope things aernt as dark as people speculate.

i think the thing that would mess bindi up the worse is having people talk about the drivel nasty shit people say bout steve for no real reason.itscheap harsh comedy. its so fuken kyle sandilands? that asshole of australian idol?

thats a great outlook at humanity. no wonder she worships her father as a god.(from what i see)

Edited by jono

Jono, I can totally relate to your passion for the fact that Steve got a positive and influential message across to kids across the globe. He did very well to educate (though some people dont quite see his style as 'educational') so many young minds about animals, conservation, the environment and endangered/dangerous animals. Sure, he wasnt the sharpest tool in the shed, but who really cares? The guy was good enough to take something he was passionate about and educate those around him. Isnt that what we want to see?

Surely wildlife education is more important than that of the other crap on telly, like criminal education shows (NCIS, CSI, Law and Order, etc, etc... there are HEAPS of them!) and other stupid shit (like 'are you smarter than a 5th grader' - fuck, has anyone come across so many utterly idiotic and f*cktard-like adults?? It is so damn obvious that the only way to get on that show is to demonstrate that your IQ is lower than a bucket of horse sh*t)? I cant say I enjoyed watching his antics, I always saw them as quite immature and somewhat staged/overacted (as much as you can get with wild animals), but the guy managed to raise awareness of some really important things, so GOOD ON STEVE.

As for the wife and daughter, well I dont see them as anything more than money grabbing gold-driggers. The wife has never come across as anything more (she never seemed to have the enthusiasm/passion that steve did) and her attitude seems to be resonating to Bindee. The kid has got a lot of passion too, but just how much of it is money driven? People say that she is exploited - well, yeah, she probably was in the first instance. But as soon as the money started rolling in, she would have been hooked. Just like anyone would be. Now she has f*cking clothing lines (which I might say look utterly disgusting) and apparel and god knows what other types of merchandise. Whatdya know, the family is financially set.

Steve did well to raise awareness (where his passion arose in the first place), but the money seems to have warped the whole family (steve included, before his unfortunate death) into this weird joke. Unfortunately fame has an ugly side, and it seems that awareness has taken the back seat while money-grabbing is sitting up front. Very sad to see, but unfortunately such senarios are all too common.

As for the whole 'Steve Irwin Day' - well, I think that is a little f*cking stupid. If Steve was still about and actually driven by conservation, not greed, then I'm sure he'd want it called 'Environment' or 'Conservation' Day, not 'Steve' Day. A little more wood for the greed-fed fire IMO...

I know this is a really touchy subject that i probably shoulda kept my nose outta, and honestly, jono i don't think you said anything offensive at all. I think every point of view is a valid one and you should have every right to tell me im a complete tool if you want... Im not going to break down and cry myself a river over it because in the end you will always have your opinions and ill always have mine and to me there is no right and wrong, just a difference of opinion, but by the same token i hope what i said didn't offend or upset you in any way..

I honestly think your right when you say that he has made a positive impact on people's opinions about conservation of the world we live in(weather he meant to or not), and i don't necessarily think anything he did was all that bad, but i don't know if anything he did was all that good either, and weather he was actually trying to make a positive impact, or weather he was doing all the things he did for an ulterior purpose (especially in recent years) still leaves a huge cloud of doubt over my mind..

He honestly did get extremely jealous when Bob from the park was able to breed the monitors that Steve himself wasn't capable of, and in my opinion someone dedicated to the environment and conservation would never have had these feelings, only feel joyous and relieved that they are finally breeding in captivity which means there will always be a future for them (in the wild or not) and this alone shows me how dedicated he was to the animals..

Also thought it might be interesting to know that a Burmese python power fed can reach 6-8 feet within its first year of growth and fully grown can reaching 8m (25feet) and weighing in around 170-180kg and usually big enough to eat their owners.. It is not good for the snake to be power fed to accelerate growth,and that was just an example, but still it is normal and healthy for a Burmese with a proper weekly feeding (not over or under-fed) to reach 10feet after 3-4 years and I don't see any reason a healthy burm would be under 10 feet in length at three or four years of age unless it is being starved. At 10 feet a couple of chickens a week is... well.. bird feed..

Peace out jono, don't take it too hard with us "anti Stevo's" out here. He wasn't that bad a bloke, and made allot of people happy and in the end you shouldn't care what i think or anyone else for that matter as long as you and others took something positive from his teachings that in itself made him a good bloke..

Peace

that was very cool sally.

i really dontthink anyone knows what steves motives where except for steve. but i really feel with my heart that in his own way he WAS trying to do something positive. And from most people i speak to, what he has left behind is something wholly positive and warm. Just something i feel. nah im not upset or angry, i am just flying of on an aimless tangent to which im prone.

I dont think about things much at all, i really just feel, which does tend to get me in alot of strife, and lead me to alot of dead ends,or straight into the middle of some lonely desert. but it also takes me to alot of truth and beauty and magic. Ive really gotto learn how to think about things. But really when i do sit down and think about things, i usually come to the conclusion that it was such a waste of time an energy cos i only ever arrive at the conclusion that i made in that instance when i felt, or if i think to much it takes me past that instance of 'feeling' and into some plastic fake ideal(which is GENERALLY well wrong) where i kick my ass for not staying at that moment of feeling where what it was telling me it is actually true.

one thing that concerns me about human nature is,,, why didnt u hear people saying these things about steve when he was alive? no one really gave a fuck. The worst where like 'steve irwin is a wanker' but now since hes died, people have really dug up some badstuff from within themselves to throw at him. And i really pity poor bindi and bob, who have to grow up listening to this dark drivel. I mean move on guys, surely theres gotta be some 'moron' , 'unintelligent' 'oaf' that u can whip around the block to make urself feel alot better, so much more smarter, and so much more 'for the planet' ha ha fuken ha.

I think if the general population showed one fingernail full of steves enthusiasm and ambition, and pro-active stance on environmental issues, thered be alot less for us to sit back and whinge and point our finger at.

maybee we wouldnt give a fuck about steve not giving us credit for breeding some freaking lizards.

I mean if the gosford guys hated steve so much why the fuck would theycare whether or not he gave them credit?

maybee we would be out there doing something.

R.I.P steve irwin

vertmorpheus wtf was the purpose of that post?

3 guesses? what a fuckhead?

have a look around u man, theres worse, everywhere.