The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
transDiMenTional

volcano vaporiser

The time has come in my life when i think i am ready to invest the money needed to aquire a Volcano brand vaporiser. Thing is i can only find places advertising from overseas. Does any one know of somewwhere to get them in oz?

pls help!

There was a mob in south Australia selling them but due to our laws they removed them from their site and had a page recommending that people deal with the company direct (http://www.storz-bickel.com) however having a quick look at the page they are saying 100 euro for postage so im not sure, some one else may be able to help with sourcing them locally.

The time has come in my life when i think i am ready to invest the money needed to aquire a Volcano brand vaporiser. Thing is i can only find places advertising from overseas. Does any one know of somewwhere to get them in oz?

pls help!

Hey dude, I am pretty into vaping and have used a shitload of the models available so if you've got any vaporizer related questions just ask. Be aware when you make your purchase that it is a different effect, more energetic and stimulating even with indica dominant strains, you don't get as monged out but you do get really high in the cerebral sativaish psychedelic sense. It is much more of a high than it is a stone. If you use you will be social and actually do stuff, many people prefer this but not all my couch potato bonghead type mates do. On the definite plus side most people find there is less paranoia associated with use and that its easier to get up in the morning (less stone-over).

Now, onto your original question:

I'm aware of a couple of places that have sold them in Oz in the past, but I would discourage you from purchasing domestically. Believe me when I say I've done a lot of research into vapes, including pricing them. Everybody I've seen selling them within Oz has charged through the nose for them when compared to getting from overseas and paying the shipping fees. They get through customs totally fine, they are a legit thing to import (quitting cigarettes but love the inhaling part). Are you aware that our dollar is really strong against the greenback atm? The cheapest way to get one is to pick one up off ebay in the 110v version and buy a transformer for it. The Euro/Aussie 220v always seems to be $100-150 dearer, not worth it IMO for that price dude. The webstore vapedaddy.com, they used to have them for 385 US but the volcs manufacturer just made them put the price up which sucks, systemic price gouging... cheapest now is probably ebay off someone with lots of sales and 100% positive feedback.

The volcano is the best party vape and one of the easiest to use machines, but there are a lot of cheaper alternatives out there for more personal use that are really good as well if your worried about your throat and lungs but the price tag of the volc gives you nightmares.

Recommendations that work perfectly well in this vein are the Vaporwarez (whip style vape, available in 240v very easy to use and can be left on 24/7, abou $120 US on Ebay) and the Herbalaire (fills bags in the same way the volcano does, just as efficient with material, I own this vape and have compared side by side with volcano and its available in 240v with Aussie plug from the manufacturers website. Has temperature knob accurate to 4 degress fahrenheit, you can also toke on it like a pipe or rig it up to a bong with a small bit of medical grade silicone tubing (tubing costs like 2 bucks) and have forced air or non forced air water/ice cooled hits of vapor which is... tasty for lack of better words. It comes with a small pump which takes a while to fill the bags but is nice and portable... but you can buy a large pump from an aquarium shop and then fill up bags really fast, this is what I did. It costs 220-250$ US which is 235-265 aussie dollars depending on where you buy it from. It is a viable and much cheaper alternative to the volcano with a lot of versatility in terms of inhalation methods but it is slightly more involved to use.

If you've got cash to burn though get the cano, it is in my opinion as well as those of many others the ultimate party vape. In the US mates used to take them to parties and once took it camping and ran it through an inverter off a car battery in the tent.. great social vape pretty easy to operate when one is impaired for whatever reason. Only downside of bag fill vapes is the sound of the pump and bag filling up in silent environments.. Totally chilled with music on though.

I hope this info helps you dude, save your self some money and buy internationally If you have any more questions about vapes man... just ask :lol:

yeah they were available online untill the recent law enforcment.

buying international would be your best bet, ive been saving for the volcano myself after using and looking at a few type. vapir WAS good when it came out lol. i still got the 1st release australian model.

anyone finds a cheep link please post it. best prices ive seen after $ conversion have been from canada.

Hi transDiMenTional,

the Best Vaporizer i know is the Aromed Vaporizer! The Volcano isnt very good! Especially the fact that you need these weird bags makes it uninteresting. The Vapir isnt very usuable too! I had two Aromed Vaporizer because they are THE SHIT! bye Eg

You can go ghetto-tek style and just buy a turkey bag from the grocery (bag that you cook turkey in :rolleyes: ) and hook it up to a regular vap or vapir. They're allegedly made of the same type of material as the fancy volcano bags, but way cheaper. I don't smoke anymore, but when I did, didn't fancy the idea of smoking out of a plastic bag, though. Had a friend that did it this way.

did some looking abround last night and ive fallen in love with the VapoRite

http://www.cheatingthehangman.com.au/about_vaporite.html

Australian site, not too costly, nice and easy using too it looks.

unless i see a better one im sold on the VapoRite or similar models for sure.

that makes sense then, i knew i had seen them for sale in oz before, fucken laws!

that Vaporite uses conduction heating tho Amulte. Not as accurate apparently.

I dont mind spending the $$$ if it is a perfect and accurate machine, i will check out the Aromed but so far the volcano is the best i have seen.

Looks like Ebay is the go and a converter, cheers all :)

Ok this AroMed looks really good! http://www.aromed.com/en/aromed.html

benjahman:- I agree with all that your saying re effects. I have been vaping for quite a few yrs now and i find that it is much less addictive to vap compared to smoking. I think this is a result of the dopamine hit received from smoking a 'hit'. I just burnt out my 5th soldering-iron type vaps and figured 'fuck this, why spend another $100 on another crappy machine?' another 5 more of these and i couldve paid for a decent machine that will prob last me for decades!

Edited by transDiMenTional

yeah ive just checked out the aromed myself and was going to post how good it looked. LOL ya beat me to it.

thanks for that tip about vaporite, i sent them an email with a few questions and youve just answered one. ive always avoided the soldering iron vaps, ceramic heating elements have to be the best ive seen. still this aromed looks ideal :D

id love the digital volcano but way outta my budget for now. looks like the aromed might be too, i can only find the one seller of aromed, are can anyone find any others?

the aromed looks to be about AU $475.51, should be worth the investment.

The aromed is a medical standard vape, and one about which I have only heard good things.. but there are pros and cons to all vapes.

With the aromed its great that you have a water filter that moistens your other otherwise dryish vapor hit, but I can do exactly the same thing with my herbalaire by rigging it up to a glass on glass bong with or without inhalation assistance from an air pump.. and the thing is half the price of the aromed. Plus I can use it as a bag style vape or direct draw like a pipe. With the price and extra flexibility in mind, I can't see myself forking out twice as much for an aromed.

With whip style vapes, I don't like being totally chained to the end of the plastic whip in all situations, especially larger social ones. The thing which is good about bag style vapes is you can fill up your bag and make it whatever size you want and then pass it around like a spliff. It is the closest thing to the sharing conversational vibe of the joint that the vaping world has to offer presently. With a whip style vape you are inhaling out of plastic as well so I can't see too much difference between inhaling out of that and an oven bag with a mouthpiece (oven bags are specifically designed to be heated to high temperatures to cook food in). The only vapes with all glass vapor paths are the vapolution, herborizer and the hot glass at the moment. If your really thingy about smoking out of glass this is the way to go.

Amulte, whip style vaporizers such as the one you linked to are actually more convection vaporizers than conduction (which is a good thing) but do have a little bit of conduction inherent to there use. Don't be discouraged this style of vape actually works very well and is the best value available vaping wise. Hot air passes directly through the herbs when inhaling (convection) rather than it sitting on a frying pan and you sucking air from the surrounding environment like a jar vaporizer (an example of conduction). Whip style vaporizers can work really well and I think you could be really happy with one but please DON'T buy the vaporizer you linked to. It is a rebadged digi vapor vp100 if you look closely and I've heard lost of negative things said about this vape. Its made in China and this looks to me like an Austarlian importer reseller deal.. there have been reports of people opening them up and finding metal heating elements (Not safe to inhale), inhaling fumes when in use as well as very quick heating element burn outs. The temperature gauge on them in no way reflects the actual temp of the element (this is FACT). The one you've linked to also only has a 3 month warranty which isn't a good sign.

Its worth shelling out an extra 30 dollars and getting either of these vapes delivered to you house with free scales and grinders:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VaporWarez-Vapor-Canno...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEST-VaporWarez-3G-HER...1QQcmdZViewItem

They have a five year warranty on them and are made by a reputable and successful manufacturer. If you google vaporwarez review you'll see heaps and heaps of positive reviews from satisfied customers in forums for this vape. It is by all accounts the best one for the money. I would strongly advise you to pay a little extra and be safe rather than sorry. You can also buy an attachment for it which allows you to run it through a bong which is great fun too.

When you research vapes also be aware that there are a lot of sites created by vaporizer manufacturers with vested interests which slander their rival vapes on groundless bases. Look for well written user reviews when making your decision about purchasing a vape.. don't go picking up something there's nothing written on as there is a tendency for people winding up dissatisfied/burned when doing this.

Good Luck with it

ps Trans, are you going to be at EGA this year? pm me your email dude :)

pls help!

Hey bro, save yourself a lot of money and time and try this out first:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...st&p=136404

See also here:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...st&p=143459

:worship: benjahman :worship: thank you sooo much :wub: . ya save me a bit of diging round the net, its nice to get years of advice in one go like that LOL. you most certainly have done me a huge favour here by saving me so to speak lol.

i saw a whip model somwhere with a digital temp display, ill dig around the seller you pointed out to me on ebay, many thanks again dude!

I got mine direct from Strotz-Bickel, apparently I could have saved $150 and got an analogue one from an Aus supplier- but I'm happy to have a digital version anyway. Your best bet is to buy from the US or Canada, with the AUD at near parity with the greenback it's where you will get the best deal. I olost a bit mI reckon cos the Euro was so strong against the AUD when I bought it.

And those lightbulb thingey's are next to useless, once you've actually used a proper convection vaporiser you'll never look back (well, that's not entirely true, I'm still a raging bong head- but I put that down to my nicotine addiction.

Edited by FungalFractoids

Hehe, your digi version was worth the xtra bux FF, looks way more flash and i know you like that :)

I was planning on gettin one but i decided givin up weed was a far better alternative. If you are a smoker then get a vape, save ya lungs a bit with a new novelty, although its a novelty that lasts.

And those lightbulb thingey's are next to useless, once you've actually used a proper convection vaporiser you'll never look back (well, that's not entirely true, I'm still a raging bong head- but I put that down to my nicotine addiction.

You are wrong in multiple ways.

*edit* Hm, spose I better qualify that statement.

It's just that the lightbulb vaporizer I have used was so effective and efficient, although I admit it is a bit of an art to use it. I also suspect that by "lightbulb thingey" you may be referring to the standard lightbulb and cigarette lighter style vaporizer people make, but this is very different to that. It is effective, quite simple, cheap and much more efficient and healthy than smoking (and IMO a much better effect).

Mind you, if you have the cash to get a Volcano or something, then I reckon go for it... personally, I would love to have one myself.

I am interested in the fact that people seem to have indicated the vapor is sry and harsh on the throat? I have never experienced this with my one, in fact it seemed a lot more moist/herbaceous and soothing, like a vicks inhaler or something. Especially with mint flavored herb.

Edited by IllegalBrain

Hehe, your digi version was worth the xtra bux FF, looks way more flash and i know you like that :)

I was planning on gettin one but i decided givin up weed was a far better alternative. If you are a smoker then get a vape, save ya lungs a bit with a new novelty, although its a novelty that lasts.

Phhhhh... Lord save us from sanctimonious ex-smokers :bong::wave-finger::bootyshake:

You are wrong in multiple ways.

*edit* Hm, spose I better qualify that statement.

It's just that the lightbulb vaporizer I have used was so effective and efficient, although I admit it is a bit of an art to use it. I also suspect that by "lightbulb thingey" you may be referring to the standard lightbulb and cigarette lighter style vaporizer people make, but this is very different to that. It is effective, quite simple, cheap and much more efficient and healthy than smoking (and IMO a much better effect).

Mind you, if you have the cash to get a Volcano or something, then I reckon go for it... personally, I would love to have one myself.

I am interested in the fact that people seem to have indicated the vapor is sry and harsh on the throat? I have never experienced this with my one, in fact it seemed a lot more moist/herbaceous and soothing, like a vicks inhaler or something. Especially with mint flavored herb.

Too drunk now but I think I need to look at your instructions a little closer... I fin vap's harsh on the throat, though I've found that if you let them cool on te bag for a minute or two they are much nicer. I also think it is the terpenoids that aare relaesed when you vap that irritate the throat.

Edited by FungalFractoids

Phhhhh... Lord save us from sanctimonious ex-smokers

LOL, or wot, youll leave me in a pool of blood tuff guy? hahahahaha

Edited by Passive Daemon

LOL, or wot, youll leave me in a pool of blood tuff guy? hahahahaha

But seriously, do smokers all just want to die of horrible things or what?

*rolls joint*

Edited by IllegalBrain

fark me, well after avin a couple last nite, i think i would rather be left in a pool of blood than feel this shithouse. :P