The Corroboree
Torsten

GHB in children's toys

looks like they didnt ban the things quick enuff to help Mr. Fractoids lol.

KEVIN07

Just imagine the next rave you go to, dealers will be like "I've got E's, coke, goey, ice, trips and bindeez"

you watch, some fool that thinks themselves smart will try passing out ordinary beads as bindeez LOL

you watch, some fool that thinks themselves smart will try passing out ordinary beads as bindeez LOL

Nah, they'll just call them locals

im inclined to think its the spray and not the bead itself...others thoughts?

EDIT - accually no thats wrong. its says they spray water, so it would be the beads themselves. so ya dont need a starter pack, just a refill pack :D check ebay before its too late lol

Better price than you could get from any drug dealer

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BINDEEZ-Themed-Refi...1QQcmdZViewItem.

Ebay have removed all bindeez products as you would imagine.

Edited by blog

true, probably alot less dangerous than what what most kids that are age stuffing down their gobs when they get the chance anyways. i wonder how many poor asian factory workers tripped out assembling this product?. they r in the shit regardless.

my kid doesnt go much on toys anyway. she was amazed when we went through maccas drivethru ( iknow ,i know(uve done it to u know) and she gets this 'australian idol clapping gun' she had no idea whatto do with it. now that thing stunk rancid when it came out of the little sealed plastic bag.toxic as hell.thats really iconic, sending a clapping guns to kids who cant be fucked clapping on their sofa!! watching that nasty,spineless,evil,soul selling drivel they call australian idol.

toys really suck nowadays..they are boring..

whatever happened to masters of the universe??! toys that inspired the imagination!

now they had soul!! and morals!!

i feel for kids these days playing with freakin toxic beads, the worst i had to contend with was stinkor, now come to think of it,,, what toxic chems was that rancid little toy dunked in? can anyone remeber it? it came in the pack smelling like shit. he looked like a skunk/man hybrid. i bet if i had of smoked it i wouldve tripped balls. dammit.

i wouldve had a crack at moss-man as well had i have known this toy shit.

edit- now this is a toy worth buying. im getting the series of amazon! i recomendu do the same! joy!

All of the original action figures came with minicomics that told stories involving the characters. In the earliest comics, He-Man is a wandering barbarian on Eternia, a world dealing with the aftermath of a Great War that has devastated the civilizations that once reigned, but has left behind fantastical machinery and weapons. The events of the Great War opened a rift between dimensions, which allows the evil warlord Skeletor to travel to Eternia, and he has now set his sights on the ancient Castle Grayskull, the 'fortress of mystery and power'. Whoever attains control of Grayskull will gain the power to become Master of the Universe. To prevent Skeletor from achieving his goal, He-Man has been given special powers and weapons by The Sorceress (often referred to as 'The Goddess' in early stories) and sets out to defend the castle from Skeletor. He-Man is supported by several heroic allies, such as Man-At-Arms, the Eternian master of weapons, and Teela, the adopted daughter of Man-At-Arms. Skeletor manages to find one half of the Power Sword, a great weapon which is itself the key to Castle Grayskull. He-Man has been given the other half by The Sorceress, and must prevent Skeletor from linking the two halves to gain access to the castle. To distinguish them from the TV cartoon-influenced minicomics that were released to tie-in with the TV series, this first version of Eternia has been dubbed 'Mini-eternia' or Mineternia.

copied from wikipedia. it only gettsbetter. the evil horde. the snake-men.

Edited by jono

DP....

Edited by Passive Daemon

i feel for kids these days playing with freakin toxic beads, the worst i had to contend with was stinkor, now come to think of it,,, what toxic chems was that rancid little toy dunked in? can anyone remeber it? it came in the pack smelling like shit. he looked like a skunk/man hybrid. i bet if i had of smoked it i wouldve tripped balls. dammit.

250px-Stinkor_800.jpg

I remeber that dude jono, i never had any He-man figures but alot of my mates were lucky pricks that got them. They never wanted to play wif them though. :(

hehe i used to play with em as a kid. moss man accually stank worse than stinkor. picked up castle greyskull at a garage sale one day too, was stoked LOL

that is frightening at how serious it is and the rush at people trying to get it. i took it as a joke at 1st LOL also scary they are quoting members of bluelight, glad im not a member there.

1,4-butanedoil is a solvent, thats how it works on the beads, you assemble them and spray with water it to activate the 14b coating, thus melting the beads together. then the solvent evaps off leaving the sculpture.

1,4-butanedoil is NOT reccomended for human consupmtion. the media advertising the GHB relation to 1,4B in the body has what caused the rush in interest i would say. i thought that the media would be a little more sensible, that was stupid of me.

Amulte, sensible media?? Lay off the beads man :wink:

i never used to play with these... the ones i had needed to be ironed.

LOL accidental administration of cancer...yes that would be an issue...

also what is a ten year old doing eating 60 beads i wonder...

Saw in the courier mail a few days ago that some government department was worried that bindeez would be showing up at this years schoolies event.

Saw in the courier mail a few days ago that some government department was worried that bindeez would be showing up at this years schoolies event.

Probably only because it'll cause a drop in alcohol consumption either through them dropping by the mixture interaction or completely avoiding booze; doubt a government department is worried about the health of it's community. :lol: oh now that's just cynical gerbil where do you come up with this shit. :rolleyes:

Probably only because it'll cause a drop in alcohol consumption either through them dropping by the mixture interaction or completely avoiding booze; doubt a government department is worried about the health of it's community.

I've only ever taken the chemical that's involved in the bindeez beads once, and I had quite a violent adverse reaction. I recall it triggered the vomiting reflex, and I was constantly puking or at least attempting to vomit (after stomach contents was evacuated) for many minutes. I was vomiting blood.

The solvent obviously damaged some part of my digestive tract. It's interesting to me that this occurred. I've never had a problem with GHB, however I could not tolerate 1,4 butanediol. That being the case, it could be seen as quite reasonable to call 1,4 butanediol toxic, disregarding what it is metabolised into.

Edited by blog

i have a friend that ended up in hospital after taking ghb, shewas a very sick girl for a good 5 days.

artificial chems are bogus, i wouldnt touch it with amultes gullet let alone mine, hope thatcompanys goose is well cooked by now. fucking idiots!! its good to know though for other parents out there.

i have a friend that ended up in hospital after taking ghb, shewas a very sick girl for a good 5 days.

artificial chems are bogus, i wouldnt touch it with amultes gullet let alone mine, hope thatcompanys goose is well cooked by now. fucking idiots!! its good to know though for other parents out there.

I managed an OD on something not completely unlike this, so I'm much wiser now. It was a shitful experience to say the very least... That said, I had already started chrissy shopping (I know, I'm horribly organised sometimes...) and have some of these put aside.... so I put one in my mouth to see what they taste like. Bloody awful. Why anyone would dream of eating them or whatever is beyond me. I doubt you can extract the chemical from them to produce anything 'good' enough for a result. Unless you're a child and eat them. (Adults would have to be smarter than that right?) And if you ate them, I'm sure you'd end up in hospital with a groovy shaped bowel obstruction. So really, why would ya? :scratchhead:

Chinese-made toys recalled in the US and Australia after making children seriously ill contain a toxic substance linked to the "date rape" drug GHB, Chinese officials have confirmed.

The toys were manufactured at a factory in Shenzhen with an industrial chemical that can metabolise into gamma hydroxy butyrate (GHB), Chinese inspectors said.

GHB, which has been gained notoriety after being widely reported as an agent used to drug rape victims, can cause breathing problems, loss of consciousness, seizures, drowsiness, coma and death.

At least 13 children across the US fell ill as a result of swallowing parts of the toy. Five children were admitted to hospital in Australia and the US.

Millions of units of the toys, which are sold as "Aqua Dots" in the United States and as "Bindeez" in Australia, were recalled in those countries as well as in Britain, Malaysia, Singapore and elsewhere during the past week.

Full article

ive also found further information on the beads themselves...

came across some of the beads for study and no plan to ingest.......one bead in a half shot glass of water will disolve if left for over a day. all thats left is a jelly orb in cloudy water, doesnt appear to be plastic at all but a hard geletine like substance, but theres also the possibility that the solvent may have totally disolved the bead being present in the water, maybe indicating a large ammount per bead. it is very toxic solvent

found some 'info' from Wiki...

gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid (4-hydroxybutanoic acid, C4H8O3), commonly abbreviated GHB, is a therapeutic drug that is illegal in a number of countries[1], and is a naturally-occurring substance found in the central nervous system, wine, beef, small citrus fruits, and almost all living creatures in small amounts.

Wiki Entry

i certainly hope people dont ingest them. theres not enough research information about them besides the fact the active is 14b (BDO), which is toxic in effects before its conversion.

i still dont understand how that 10 year old could accidently ingest 60 of them. sure, they are tiny like bb pellets but they taste disgusting. i dont get it. couldnt e accidental, i did read a reoprt saying the 10yr old fed the 2ry old the beads. was the 10yr old intentionally ingesting them?

....i wouldnt touch it with amultes gullet let alone mine.....

is that like "i wouldnt even shag her with yours" LOL. good thing is theres a brain attached to my gullet.

I've only ever taken the chemical that's involved in the bindeez beads once, and I had quite a violent adverse reaction. I recall it triggered the vomiting reflex, and I was constantly puking or at least attempting to vomit (after stomach contents was evacuated) for many minutes. I was vomiting blood.

The solvent obviously damaged some part of my digestive tract. It's interesting to me that this occurred. I've never had a problem with GHB, however I could not tolerate 1,4 butanediol. That being the case, it could be seen as quite reasonable to call 1,4 butanediol toxic, disregarding what it is metabolised into.

hehe sorry, my statement doesn't really make sense, was more far fetched saracasm than anything :)

What I was getting at, and your writings compliment it (thanks for explaining that :) ) is that governments are always apparently so 'worried' about our health but their mentality and actions do the absolute reverse; If they actually educated society honestly and appropriately people wouldn't be hurting themselves (well the large majority) through any sort of substance use.

But to me 'substance' is anything really be it a sport, 'drug', lifestyle activity, work routine etc. and back onto a compound related situation, it's the same with the sugar problems we have in society and all the health issues associated with that, even though there is education relative to sugar to a degree, but at the same time our society doesn't support a well rounded educated being, and particularly relative to exploration of consciousness IMO which is the basis of a being having the ability to reach it's vast potential, they can text book educate us all the want, but the true nature of health, awareness and reality needs complimentary plants and foods IMO that one on one teach the individual without other outside influence.

Not trying to preach to the converted, just claryifying my writings :)

Sounds like a nasty experience, thanks for sharing it blog :)

I cant imagine flashing news stories about it being a big worry for schoolies is going to help the situation...

Itll just make more kids think about giving them a shot.

hmm, Bindeez testing stations maybe? I wonder if there iwll be a big market for fake/lookalike bindeeze?

PMA Bindeeze, or loaded wiht RC's maybe.. :P