The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
t st tantra

curing tobacco?

i realise this is now illegal,so i ask people to speak about the legal past,hearsay,etc.

years ago when tobacco for once own use was legal i tried to smoke dried leaves from plants i found,they were usually unsmokably harsh.so itried twist curing.pick a nice mature leaf and hang in the shade for a few days.leaf should now be pliable,leathery and not split much when you start to twist it.twist it all up,now the juices start to flow ,relax tension of the twist,juices go back in,repeat once or twice more.hang back up ,tighten the twist and repeat the process in a day or two.then let dry to smokable consistency.

had to sit down to smoke a half a cone sized bowl.very strong smokable virginian produced.

did anyone hear of similar methods?

t s t .

Time, temperature, and humidity are the most important factors for a good product. If cured too cold, or at too low a humidity the product is green with a harsh vegetable taste. If cured slightly cool it comes closer to real smoking tobacco, but is still harsh and not too tasty. The best curing temp is about 90-95 F. With good procedures both leaf bundles and twists can give a good smoke, just make sure you harvest when there is still some hot weather left. I've made that mistake (legal in my country) I grew some plants and let a few get to eight feet tall, unfortunatly by then it was too cold to cure it and most ended up being used as insecticide, rather than cigarettes.

Remember: a three foot plant that you can smoke is better than a eight foot one that you can't.

wow, what a moneky devised crock of knowledge for the mass man.

Edited by darcy

Auxin

Great info!

I have two 2ft tall tabacco plants....

looks like I will be drying some leaf pretty soon.

(Legal where I live)

Guest reville

have i missed something? When did it become illegal here to grow for ones own consumption

I thought it was just illegal to sell or supply without a licence and was essentially a taxation issue.

Originally posted by reville:

have i missed something?

yes you have. check the other current tobacco thread for the relevant links.