The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
incognito

bird-eating-spider care

i noticedsum1 here was selling em not long ago. i bought one, and it died soon after. now i havethis one, but ithasnt eaten in 4 weeks, and just sitsunder in its nest (paperbark). im figuring hopefully its moulting, soive raised the humidity andgiven it extra warmth. i dont know what im doin so wrong. can the spider dude gimme a pm please?

i noticedsum1 here was selling em not long ago. i bought one, and it died soon after. now i havethis one, but ithasnt eaten in 4 weeks, and just sitsunder in its nest (paperbark). im figuring hopefully its moulting, soive raised the humidity andgiven it extra warmth. i dont know what im doin so wrong. can the spider dude gimme a pm please?

feed 1 live sparrow, once a month.

will u pay for ur own flight? :wink:

no i think the rspcawill be onto me if i get caught feeding it tasmanians.may pop an elbow out its forheador somethink.

I used to have a red legged tarantula that was very healthy.

But just feed crickets.

For a healthy tarant You feed the crickets the vitamins and minerals.

Then the tarant then eats the crickets and has the proper diet.

It might have humidty too much problem or to much light.

They all live in hole and are noturnal at night hunters.

Couple of other idea is to get a hot rock at pet store which is simply a electric blanket for hermit crabs, lizard. etc so they regulate their temperture needs themselves by getting on it

And use Flourescent lighting. Grow bulbs which can bring out the colours without blinding the animal or heat problems.

Humidity needs can easyly be met by using a ultrasonic humidy device on a timer. Cheaply bought used.

I

Couple of other idea is to get a hot rock at pet store which is simply a electric blanket for hermit crabs, lizard. etc so they regulate their temperture needs themselves by getting on it

And use Flourescent lighting. Grow bulbs which can bring out the colours without blinding the animal or heat problems.

Humidity needs can easyly be met by using a ultrasonic humidy device on a timer. Cheaply bought used.

I

heydevance! :P how u doin man? thanx very much for ur reply, ur posts areamongstmy most favorite here on sab, uhave like this weird poetic geniusthat comes across to me!!

erm yeah ivegot a heater/light in the tank that emits a red light, it heats the tank to 30degrees, which i have on 4 hrs a daay at night.thatsall they need the chick atthe pet storesays.

i regulate the humidity with a spray bottle, as i havesphagnum covering mostof the substrate(finesand) and mistit till it getsto a humidity of 80 percent, which apparently they need over sring summer and autumn, followedby no humidity over winter.

One wird thing is that apparently theyare very noise sensitive, and when my first spider dies therewherelike 6 crickets in the tank. I put this one straight in and told chik atpet storeand she said talke outall thecrikets cept one cos they areto noiseyandthe spider gets scared. if this one dies im not getting another, i fuken hate spiders anyways.

Well I not spider lover either, any more.

I used to have Black Widow spiders here naturally as in under every board.

A very poisonious but not a aggressive small spider.

Due to climate change they are extinct.

The tarnts when disturbed brush hairs of the top.

Its like little harpoons for the fingers, but designed to permanenly blind a rodent in the eyes.

So a undistubed tarant would have all the hairs on the top of the abdomen.

Not a good pet, a hermet crab would be better.

Or maybe a giant land cocanut crab.

Well I not spider lover either, any more.

I used to have Black Widow spiders here naturally as in under every board.

A very poisonious but not a aggressive small spider.

Due to climate change they are extinct.

The tarnts when disturbed brush hairs of the top.

Its like little harpoons for the fingers, but designed to permanenly blind a rodent in the eyes.

So a undistubed tarant would have all the hairs on the top of the abdomen.

Not a good pet, a hermet crab would be better.

Or maybe a giant land cocanut crab.

is that true u only get the black widow antivenom once , devance?

after that if u get bitten, ur fuct, u just have to go thru the pain?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_crab

The crabs will steal food at a picnic.

http://www.crabzilla.net/

[Hermit crabs aren't actually crabs at all. True crabs are crustaceans from the infra-order Brachyura, whereas all hermit crabs are from the infra-order Anamura and the superfamily Paguroidea. Biologically speaking, they're much more closely related to lobster, crayfish, and shrimp than they are to true crabs. While most species of hermit crabs are aquatic, and can't live very long outside the water, there are a few land-dwelling species. Most notable among the land dwelling hermit crabs is the family Coenobitidae, which encompases both the genus Coenobita, which contains the land hermit crabs most people keep as pets, and the genus Birgus, the giant coconut crab.]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a point interest the giant deep sea crabs that the Russian are harvesting were actually planted by the Russians and are related to [Anamura and the superfamily Paguroidea].

The big crab arms in the supermarket. [spider crabs I think called.]

I got bitten a few times.

Feels like a bee sting but less painfull.

Sometimes other people have worse reactions.

Necrosis of the bite site.

I was actually going to raise the black widows for anrivenom production as the perfect climate or was.

Give the spider give a electroshock to get the venom.

A labor intensive process, but at least a narrow economic niche.

But I gave up.

Yeah too many crickets will freak out tarnt.

4 cricks a week seperately.

^To many crickets would freak a tarant out becauses the tarant does have to moult at some time,crickets could eat it. when moulting.

Also eating crickets is the tarants only form of exciting life so every 2 to three days for one cricket is good enough..

Those coconut crabs are HUGE and have beautiful blue colors to them.

I have a Balinese uncle who has told me stories of members of his family that have lost fingers while trying to catch them as they are a sought after delicacy.

I don't think they are a legal pet here in Australia but would be kool to have if it is.

thanks heaps devance :wub:

sooo andy...whens ur bbq on?i needa hug...