The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
parzival

CoSM in australia

I have recently been in correspondence with Allyson Grey on the possibility of bringing the Chapel of Sacred Mirrors to sydney, permanently as a reproduction. Now as you can imagine this would be a very time consuming, very expensive undertaking, but Allyson and Alex seem to be enthusiastic about it and I'm even more so. The reason I'm bringing this to the attention of the entheogenic community now (apart from the obvious) is that if this is to even get to step one, we are going to NEED your help. It's way too soon to be asking for donations, so what i'm doing is spreading awareness of this project.

Just know that I am out there working towards this seemingly far-off, but very possible goal.

What I'm seeking from this community is awareness and support, if you think that you could assist in the realisation of a CoSM in any way, please PM me.

Once things become a little more concrete, I'll be seeking donations and financial assistance hopefully through a link on the CoSM website.

This will be very expensive, money is the biggest obstacle here, but what is money compared to a great service to both art and human evolution?

Again if you think you can assist in any way, be it through contacts you may have, the raising of money (though i will not be accepting money yet), or even just showing interest in the project, please do not hesitate to PM me.

In L.V.X.

Daniel

Kudos to you, all the best with getting it progressing. I'm sure there will be copious support for a project like this.

now that would be awesome!

100% backing here

i tried to co-ordinate an australian wide tour a few years back but there seemed to be too much going on over there with work on cosm for it to be feasible.

glad to hear its happening in the form of setting up cosm in aus.

ill help out in any way possible!

full respect to ya and everyone involved for taking the initiative!!!

I went to New york earlier this year and had a tour with Alex Grey of his gallery. It was an absolutely amazing experience, i'd only ever seen his paintings in books before but seeing the real life things is something else. He has a very interesting take on religion and the psychedelic experience and how it comes through in his paintings.

There trying to raise the funds to build a permanent structure outside of new york city with the intention of creating something that will last for hundreds if not thousands of years to show the future generations we didn't just create radioactivity and carbon gases.

I can't imagine how he would move all those paintings all the way to australia, but it would be worth it to see here.

Edited by narayan

when i was in communication i was pushing for a tour doing live drawing and showcasing acouple of his smaller pieces, along with a talk/lecture on different topics at ech different appearance.

re-creating tho is another story... big job that one!

the pics of the temple the cosm team did at burning man looked absolutely frigging amaising... if they can create that for burningman, then surely we can get something of equal if not bigger proportions happening here in aus.

ive had the leasure of seeing one work in the flesh, and the true holographic multidimensional nature of the artwork really comes alive..

i have the pleasure of owning a signed print of 'wonder', and somehow he intuited something, because the first ever visualisationspiritual activation i recieved was the appearance and 'download' of the eye of horus and the eye inthe triangle... which alex slipped on the other side of the print when he signed it :blink:

Yes over the next couple of years Alex and Allyson are focusing on establishing a permanent chapel, which is great because in all honesty i won't have my shit workably together for a year or two yet. It's good to see enthusiasm after only an hour or two of posting, my hope is that the CoSM here in Australia will serve not only as a vessel for Alex's art and its message, but also as a permanent hub for like minded people to gather and converse. Ideally i would like to see regular talks and events held at the space.

This project is as much dependent on you as it is on me, in that respect it is just as much mine as it is yours.

We can all work together for this, we will all work together for this.

Spiral out.

Daniel.

I still invite anyone who wants to help in any conceivable way, no matter how small, to PM me and we will talk further.

...I'm sure there will be copious support for a project like this.

Fuken Oath!

I'll support this in any way I can. I'll be his apprentice and we can mass-produce them (dreaming)

reproducing the whole cosm is a huge undertaking!

Does anybody know much about his technique? I'm guessing it'd take a very long time to reproduce with all the transparencies cranking and all that. I can't wait to see them in the flesh!

This sounds amazing man! you have my donations for sure!!

Bumpety...

Any further progress on this one Parcifal?

For the record, I am interested in helping if there's anything I can do.