The Corroboree
_e_

EGA- there and back again

heya,

just thought id start this thread as an opportunity for people to converse on more efficient, economic and communal travel options for getting too and from ega.

As it is a national conference, we are expecting a lot of interstaters, so use this thread to discuss travel options.

A good model for exploring travel options is saying how many people are leaving where, when, and what travel options you are cnsidering... then looking at networing and coming to communal travel options that are often cheaper then going it alone (not to mention the fun and company)..

So- here goes:

2 people, leaving mid nrth coast (coffs) to melbourne via either sydney or north coast airports somewhere after 21st and arriving in melb before 25th(nov).. Open to car pools/roadtrip e.t.c,

- at present flying to melbourne from sydney via jetstar or virgin blue on the 24th-25th will cost about 80buxpp. (mid week seems to have the same ticket prices if u get in early)

Returning from ega/melbourne sometime around 8th or 9th, open to road trip via south coast, posible rental car??? or similiar priced flights back to sydney.

Great idea

Myself and my partner arriving in melbourne via qantas thursday 29th at around 6pm.

At the moment we are staying overnight in melbs (anyone wanna put us up for the night?) and heading out on the 8:30 bus to mansfield friday morning.

However we will be very happy to catch a lift with someone either thursday night or friday morning if one is available.

Our flight home is booked for thursday 6th, so we are probably planning on staying at the conference until the monday, then heading back to melbs for some plant fun with whoever is around. Wanna visit nurseries and RBG, and of course catch some melbourne vibes. So if anyone is planning on driving from the conference to melbourne on monday we would again appreciate a ride. Also, if anyone wants to go on some plant finding missions I would be keen.

cheers and see you soon

C :)

Thanks for the thread E, think this will help everyone connect up and understand how a journey of this kind of cosmic proportion is pulled off.

Just one thing to keep in mind, most of the official hard botanical/philosophical side of thing finishes up on the Sunday night, then the energy shifts more towards party mode. If all goes well we will be partying well into Monday, well I will anyway, just have to let of some steam.

Are what I am trying to get around to saying is, that anyone who wishes to stay over on the Monday night to recover and kick it back with nice plant people is fine to do so. But the property owner is just looking to get a $10 donation, this will be done mainly by an honesty program. If you also which to help us pack up on site we will except that as your donation and work something out with the property owner after the fact.

Anyway defiantly something to keep in mind when you are making your EGA plains

:devil:

yep, sunday night doesnt finish until tuesday morning as far as im concerned :innocent_n:

i like the mayan calander with its 13 moon and day out of time format... problem is, i have lots of 'days out of time' infact, most sundays seem to go for weeks on end :shroomer::devil:

I'll be picking up my rental van @8am friday morning all going well. WIll head off from there to EGA. It is a camper van so I imagine it can seat an extra few people. Only myself in it ATM.