The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest auto302823

Espresso visuals?

Guest auto302823

I was trying to sleep last night after a couple of espresso's -- staying up late over the books as you do -- and found I was getting quite effective closed eye visuals, swooping space distortions, fractals & the whole piece. It was groovy -- tired as I was.

I'm just assuming it was a residual effect of some sally dee from the day before, but was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar relapses on strong coffee, an well -- why??

Guest Thelema

Yea, I once ordered a double espresso and they ended up giving me a MUGFUL of the stuff. 3 hours later I was positively SWIMMING in visuals etc. I thought it mightve been sensitivity to nutmeg i had in the ravioli (aquired sensitivity from horrendous experiments)but later I came to the conclusion that this was in fact a genuine espresso trip. Never had it any other time, though, and I drink a lot of coffee....

I once took 18 Nodoz (= 18 espressos) in 4 hours to keep awake for the last few hours of a long drive. By the time I got home I felt like I was totally drunk (everythign was spinning and I was very nauseous) and couldn't get to sleep for 6 hours. Lots of visuals and psychotic effects. bad experience.

i find cola nuts more likely to produce traceries and other visuals,maybe i use it at higher caffine levels.

t s t .

I hallucinate frequently when deprived of sleep and find that stimulants (caffine and such wink.gif allow my body to remain awake while my mind drifts off into lucid dreams smile.gif

Successful attempts at out of body experience are usually reached under such conditions ie finding that fine balance between conscious states.

Fun but freaky.

Guest reville

Hey guys its just the perth water - dont sweat wink.gif

Guest saucer-like

A good friend of mine once told me how he had a cuppa at a mate's house using very old coffee- about a year out of date. It had some bright blue fungus stuff growing throughout it which he didnt notice untill after he had an extremely intense trip which he described as LSD-like. His theory is a fungus similar to the St whatever?'s Fire and it may have grown ontop of other funguses. Strangely the magic coffee jar went missing soon after the discovery. confused.gif

Caffeine is a drug, and overdoses are dangerous. Avoid massive doses. As for the visions, they may be chemical or psychological after-effects of previously ingested (some times several years back) visionary sacraments. Many "flashbacks" are actually psychologically based, if you have a profound or intense experience of any sort it can resurface later on, more often in times of stress such as sleep deprivation or caffeine poisoning. And it is believed by some that it can serve a purpose by allowing your subconcious to try to remind you of something you have learned, but later forgot or ignored. After all, some moments of clarity/insight/enlightenment can take years to fully understand, you can't afford to forget them.

As for the furry coffee- DON'T DRINK IT: POISON!!!