The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
twee

Salvia coccinea ???????

I came across some Salvia coccinea at a plant sale in Bendigo today so I bought 6 of them being vaguelly aware that this species has some sort of psychoactive properties.

I had a look on the web and have found it the effects are like Salvia splendens but different smile.gif

Anyone know much about this plant?

I see earthpod is selling 1/4 gram extracts for $7. That works out to about the same cost as MJ so I'd like to think it does something.

Humbly seeking wisdom and knowledge from the great ones,

twee

hi twee,if youve got 6 plants you'll soon have enough foliage for whatever you want. make your own 5X or higher.

i find effect mild and variable,leaf only,and assume 5X is abit stronger and more reliable.sometimes no effect,others mild relaxation with closed eye colours and geometrics.

t s t .

ta tst.

Thanks for the sweet flag btw...it arrived in great condition. Hope you got my seeds.

Savlia coccinea tastes bloody awful. Salvia splendens is a delicious by comparison.

I like it though. Body felt heavy like when you get out of the bath. Consequently I just wanted to stay put.

Smoking it is worse. I think my first pull on a cigarette was easier.

I noticed I really enjoyed things on the TV that were funky and high quality and quickly lost patience with shit.

Same with IRC. I was really keen to chat to anyone that was interesting and to ignore anyone who was talking crap.

Seems to be very relaxing and I don't know if thats the reason why I felt my perception of things around me was enhanced.

There's also a reasonably strong ego dissolution as well. I'm normally self conscious and a worrier and that all disappeared.

A 5x extract that reduced the amount one needed to consume would be the go.

1st Dosage was 10 small leaves sublingually for 30 minutes.

2nd was the same quantity dried in the microwave and smoked.

I have achived OEV's with the 6x extract and amild feeling where my body was undulating erratically in random places but this only lasted a few seconds, it was quite interesting.

I have also experienced hightened dream activity and awareness after smoking.

I'm still waiting to hear back from a few people who bought some.

If your reading please let us know.

I just started growing a few pots of this from seed I had laying around for a few months. They're going good so far.

I too would be interested in what anyone knows about this sage.

Thanks

I have achived OEV's with the 6x extract and amild feeling where my body was undulating erratically in random places but this only lasted a few seconds, it was quite interesting

beware of effects that only last 5-30 seconds! this has been a huge placebo effect indicator for me, and there is no venture i experienced the placebo effect more than bioassay of salvia species.

I just started growing a few pots of this from seed I had laying around for a few months. They're going good so far.

I too would be interested in what anyone knows about this sage.

Thanks

up in the top right hand corner of this page you'll see the word search

if you click on that and type in coccinea...well...you'll get all kinds of useful information

enjoy!

Smoking plain Salvia coccinea leaf , for the couple of times I have done it, was a relatively easy smoke, specially in contrast to splendens. For me it caused emotionaly numbing, sedation, a blanking.. I am not into sedatives anyway, so I didn't find it any interesting, apart that it really worked as a sedative - it made me not care about a goddamn thing, also stopped any thinking process too...

Some friends who's having trouble with sleep, sho has smoked it a lot more times than me has told me about some mild visuals with closed eyes...

tst

What kind of extraction do you perform to condense the stuff? Normal alcohol extraction a la S.divinorum ?

also, aren't flowers and dried flower buds active too??

Edited by mutant