The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
blangschpeer

Algae in my loph pots

hey people,

Just wanted to double check that I've have the right choice of fungicide for my loph seedlings, I tried my usual cure all (i.e. sulfur dust, but that didn't really do too much other than cause the soil to hiss when it's watered....... A bit too much lime in that batch :blush: ) Anyway, the active ingredient is cupric hydroxide. I did want to get copper oxychloride but sent my fiance on the mission (the chemical names confused her :scratchhead: ). Is all good or am I just worrying without cause? I just want to be careful, this is my best batch so far.

Edited by blangschpeer

algae isnt fungus, hence fungicide wont do anything to prevent its growth...

if u have algal growth the growing medium is probably over wet and recieving too much light. either way algae wont hurt your seedlings...

Yeah, things have sorted themselves out now. I guess it's just because I kept them wetter then usual this time because a few were smaller than the usual size I harden them off at. So far only 1 potential loss, but it looks like thats more to drying out more then anything else, hopefully I can ressurect it but if it does go 1 out of 10 isn't so bad.